General & Others Luffy vs Kaido is the worst fight in One Piece

no, this is a fairy tail tier fight
You can say its entertaining, and yeah, I'd probably agree. Its entertaining.

But in terms of quality, this is pretty subpar, especially for an author like Oda. I think Kubo wrote Ichigo's ascent to Captain level much better than Oda wrote Luffy becoming yonko level.

Kubo brought Ichigo to that level via a series of battles and trainings, with his strength increasing constantly through each challenge. Oda brought the hand of plot down on wano and made Luffy grow more in one arc than he did in hundreds of chapters pre-skip.
Post automatically merged:

One thing I liked about Bleach(at least in the soul society arc) is that all of Ichigo's power ups had a basis behind them. Why did Ichigo's soul pressure increase? Because he gained better mastery of zangetsu and is able to borrow zangetsu's power.

Why does Luffy's haki magically jump 3 levels every time he gets knocked out? Who the fuck knows. Its boring, it kills tension, and it makes Luffy seem literally invincible.

This isn't even that hard to write. Oda just needed to space out his power ups and give Luffy actual training to justify his power ups. You know, like in every other battle manga. Yet the only time we got Luffy actually train for a power up in udon.

Oda just isn't good at writing a battle manga. One Piece was never designed to be about battles, but Oda made it about battle when he made the top tiers so overpowered and introduced things like haki.

Last edited:
no, this is a fairy tail tier fight
You can say its entertaining, and yeah, I'd probably agree. Its entertaining.

But in terms of quality, this is pretty subpar, especially for an author like Oda. I think Kubo wrote Ichigo's ascent to Captain level much better than Oda wrote Luffy becoming yonko level.

Kubo brought Ichigo to that level via a series of battles and trainings, with his strength increasing constantly through each challenge. Oda brought the hand of plot down on wano and made Luffy grow more in one arc than he did in hundreds of chapters pre-skip.

One thing I liked about Bleach(at least in the soul society arc) is that all of Ichigo's power ups had a basis behind them. Why did Ichigo's soul pressure increase? Because he gained better mastery of zangetsu and is able to borrow zangetsu's power.

Why does Luffy's haki magically jump 3 levels every time he gets knocked out? Who the fuck knows. Its boring, it kills tension, and it makes Luffy seem literally invincible.
Oda’s cheap attempt to make Luffy a saiyan but even then it doesn’t make sense.

Toriyama realized the zenkai boost was trash and after the constant increase and it no longer affected saiyans but Luffy “meh” plot device after plot device.

Luffy v.s. Kaido is one of the worst fights in Shonen history

Last edited:
Oda’s cheap attempt to make Luffy a saiyan but even then it doesn’t make sense.

Toriyama realized the zenkai boost was trash anfter the constant increase and it no longer affected saiyans but Luffy “meh” plot device after plot device.

Luffy v.s. Kaido is one of the worst fights in Shonen history
I think what adds on to this is the levels of anticipation Oda creates by the sheer length of his series.

For years One Piece fans were hyped to see the yonko fight and be defeated by Luffy and his allies. So its utterly disappointing that after waiting all this while, we see fights that could legitimately have been better crafted by fan artists.

And to give credit where credit is due, I love Oda's ideas. His ingenuity. I think Oda's gear 5 was much better than what a lot of theorists were predicting.

However the execution and the delivery is utter ass compared to Oda's contemporary mangaka.

As far as Dragon Ball is concerned, it's literally been the same formula for Goku, and every other character throughout the entire series. And not only that, but it is ridiculously unrealistic. Goku has a gap as big as the Universe between him and his opponent, and one single upgrade magically puts him on par with that person? Cmon man.... That's ridiculous.
There’s nothing ridiculous about Goku surpassing Freiza with the power of Super Saiyan something that was being built as the pinnacle power the entire arc. As for Cell and Buu the gaps were either minuscule or not overcome. Even going back to Piccolo and King Piccolo in the original Dragon ball.

Easily one of the worst fights ever. Pair it up with the trash transformation that G5 is, the rubber rubber no mi who ended up being the god no mi, a choreography that doesn't make sense at all and the bipolarity regarding the feelings of the fight and you have one of the worst fights ever.

C

CensoredbyWG

M3 fights in this arc was pretty much a Dick measuring contest about who gets the biggest asspull Power UP, pretty much the same thing that happened in enies lobby.