Future Events Luffy will not finally have a rival of his level like Roger with Garp or Whitebeard

One Piece moves forward and Luffy continues to widen the gap between him and the Worst Generation.

They are really too late to catch up with him since Luffy has arrived in the new world he devastates everything in his path leaving no room for competition.

I don't think Oda wants to give Luffy a rival.

@Zowo @bennbeckman @Aknolagon @Sadistic Senpai @minamoto @rerere @Lukegranders @Pantheos @ReggieZoldyck21 @Luffy is the mc @MarineHQ62 @Switch @Law-sama @Finalbeta @Grade12 @Fenaker @playa4321 @Albino 👑 @Guan Yu @stormylife @Flame Donuts @Wade Wilson DP-san @comrade @AdmiralKinyagi @KINGKONGGUN15
Luffy's rival is and has always been Blackbeard, the worst generation were just an afterthought of making the story more interesting.

I don't know what Kid's role will be, but he was never meant to rival Luffy, but to show the dangers of the sea and what happens without luck and trustworthy allies.

Kid and Law have been fighting big mom for the past 10 chapters. Big Mom is noticeably injured and Both Kid and Law came into the fight in less than perfect shape due to the rooftop.

I don't think its a stretch to say that Kid and Law are at least half as strong as Luffy. Given how Luffy negs every other supernova bar zoro, I think this qualifies them as his rivals.

What's more, I feel like this is about the same relation rocks era whitebeard and Garp would have had to Roger.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know what Kid's role will be, but he was never meant to rival Luffy, but to show the dangers of the sea and what happens without luck and trustworthy allies.
Being Luffy's rival is the entire point of Kid's character. He still has an unresolved subplot with shanks that will inevitably lead to a confrontation between him and Luffy. This idea that Kid isn't Luffy's real rival because Luffy is stronger is absolutely bogus. Kid is strong enough to fight big mom and not get neg diffed, which means he is strong enough to fight Luffy, which at the very least, is more than any supernova bar Law and Zoro can say.

Yep Kidd and all those Supernovas are honestly irrelevant,The story’s main cast are the straw hat pirates and only they matter,Oda will use those worst gen scrubs when the plot seems convenient ,I dunno why People bought into the Hype,It was already mentioned that Oda Didn’t intend to draw out the worst gen and that topic was only brought upon because Oda’s Editor thought the archipelago Arc wasn’t much Interesting.

I think After Raftel even Zoro will surpass Blackbeard.

So the only person who will be like a rival to Luffy is Zoro.

And this make alot of sense.

Luffy is a pirate, Zoro is the pirate hunter Aka the only one who can hunt Luffy down.

Also Luffy's main weakeness is cutting attack and Zoro will be the best in cutting attack by EOS.

By having Zoro in his crew Luffy also indirectly avoided conflit with the only character who could have put him down in a fight.

Its as if Shanks manage to get Mihawk in his crew earlier and Roger got Whitebeard instead of Rayleigh litteraly no one else Can rival them anymore.

"Whether you like it or not" Who said you wouldn't like it or the opposite? WTF?

I'm looking at the current facts and yes for now it looks like Luffy doesn't have a rival. How can a real rival be created by the idea of a publisher who wanted to create the group "Supernovas" and not Oda? A true rival would have a real, not superficial, close representation to Luffy.

A true rival of Luffy would have at least an advanced haki. And a crew of Luffy's level It would have been in the posters that Imu Sama held, (Luffy and Blackbeard)

If Kid beats Big Mom with Law it's good for now we are not sure that will happen. I'm just seeing the facts, lay down.

You don't have to be aggressive, I'm just saying I see while you're just hoping that your character is facing something and not always in real life.
@Lukegranders

It is true that at this stage in history it is no longer necessary
I’m not being aggressive

I think deep down we all knew Luffy's only rival would be Blackbeard. But I think we forced ourselves into wanting Kid and Law to be on Luffy's level or compete with him.
When they were revealed as the supernova captain trio back in Sabaody with them bickering for sure everybody thought that but then they get no nourishment by Oda.
He too is not really a rival...there is pretty much no rivalry shown nor they are as concerned about it....he is just a contender for PK....and is also powerful unlike others.
BB in his introduction has been marked as the total opposote of Luffy, also he was introduced very very early in the setie meaning that him was included in the original idea while characters like the supernovas are introduced just way later and so can be only details or at best branches around the main plot. We got no real sense of pressure, true, but Oda does the same for otger important characters like Shanks. Luffy eants to have his adventure and in the end find the One piece while he will fight what fate brings him. Also, and this is paramount as well, BB has been the main character behind Marineford war, Ace capture and has a direct link with Xebec exactly as Luffy has a direct link with Roger. In short BB is written to be not just a rival but the final villain.

I’m not being aggressive
Ah ok I thought you were

A rivalry for me is when two people compete to get stronger. English is not my main language so correct me if I'm wrong.

Bb never compete with Luffy, so he is not Luffy's Rival. Kidd and Smoker show more rivalry with Luffy but sadly they got left behind, especially Smoker post TS.
I agree I find that Luffy does not have someone who in his sphere of level I mean like Roger and Garp who were killing each other

One Piece moves forward and Luffy continues to widen the gap between him and the Worst Generation.

They are really too late to catch up with him since Luffy has arrived in the new world he devastates everything in his path leaving no room for competition.

I don't think Oda wants to give Luffy a rival.

@Zowo @bennbeckman @Aknolagon @Sadistic Senpai @minamoto @rerere @Lukegranders @Pantheos @ReggieZoldyck21 @Luffy is the mc @MarineHQ62 @Switch @Law-sama @Finalbeta @Grade12 @Fenaker @playa4321 @Albino 👑 @Guan Yu @stormylife @Flame Donuts @Wade Wilson DP-san @comrade @AdmiralKinyagi @KINGKONGGUN15
There are only two worst gen members who can beat Luffy and one of them is in Luffy's own crew.
Other one is in your avy