Character Discussion Luffy & Zoro Parallels All Throughout One Piece

(Luffy and Zoro are Dumbest Strawhats) ? ... WTH :tchpepe:
Post automatically merged:

Zoro is one of Smartest StrawHats, he only has problems with Sense of Direction .... if that type of problems is called dumbness then being Pervert is cause of Being Dumbness and Sanji also is one of Dumbest Strawhats... Ussop one of Dumbest because of his fear of everything... Chopper Dumbest cause he believes ecerything ....

this is too much for zoro haters/sanji stans lol

(Luffy and Zoro are Dumbest Strawhats) ? ... WTH :tchpepe:

Zoro is one of Smartest StrawHats, he only has problems with Sense of Direction .... if that type of problems is called dumbness then being Pervert is cause of Being Dumbness and Sanji also is one of Dumbest Strawhats... Ussop one of Dumbest because of his fear of everything... Chopper Dumbest cause he believes ecerything ....
this is the first time i see non zoro fans calling him one of the smartest, hell even zoro fans never thought of that.

this is too much for zoro haters/sanji stans lol

this is the first time i see non zoro fans calling him one of the smartest, hell even zoro fans never thought of that.
the only reason all of Zoro's High Intelligence is overshadowed is because of his sense of direction (and because he wants to fight strongest opponents like Luffy) ... you can check the whole series and if you dont take his sense of direction in consideration, it will be clear how smart he is
some examples I remember which saved whole crew and luffy many times:

1: The "X" mark beneath a bandana was Zoro's idea of finding out Mr. 2 which Saved Vivi
2: He was the only one who didnt fall for trick of Baroque works and saved everyone (Nami might've had suspicions as well)
3: He was the one who Led Strawhats many times when Luffy wasnt around like fight against Moriah
4: He warned Luffy many times about his duties as captain including Ussop VS Luffy Situation and taking back Ussop
5: He knew this outcome and told Luffy how stupid Sanji's decision was and everyone going to face 2 Yonko now
6:He knew Okiku was a man (not even Luffy or Sanji knew it)
7: Nami and Ussop depended on Zoro for Protection even when Luffy was around (Becuse of Luffy's recklessness and Zoro being Cautious/smart and Strong)
8: He was the one who found out how to defeat Pica and utilize Elizabello's power to Save Ussop and everyone else when everyone else were just getting hit by pica
9: he was the one who came up with the idea of pushing the cage and stopping it which saved thousands of lives and bought time for them to run away
10: Saved Frozen Luffy/Robin from Aokiji
there are probably many others which I might've forgotten right now, but all of this is overshadowed and ignored even by Zoro fans and they call him stupid because of sense of direction...which is completely wrong and if he is stupid every songle SH is stupid because of the traits they have

@Cinera @LuthonTheDragDown @Finalbeta @nik87
.... maybe one of you guys can compile the things Zoro did and how Smart he actually is and how people tend to ignore all that because of his sense of direction ...
I can say it clearly without any doubt that he is one of smartest if not Smartest

Last edited:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
the only reason all of Zoro's High Intelligence is overshadowed is because of his sense of direction (and because he wants to fight strongest opponents like Luffy) ... you can check the whole series and if you dont take his sense of direction in consideration, it will be clear how smart he is
some examples I remember which saved whole crew and luffy many times:

1: The "X" mark beneath a bandana was Zoro's idea of finding out Mr. 2 which Saved Vivi
2: He was the only one who didnt fall for trick of Baroque works and saved everyone (Nami might've had suspicions as well)
3: He was the one who Led Strawhats many times when Luffy wasnt around like fight against Moriah
4: He warned Luffy many times about his duties as captain including Ussop VS Luffy Situation and taking back Ussop
5: He knew this outcome and told Luffy how stupid Sanji's decision was and everyone going to face 2 Yonko now
6:He knew Okiku was a man (not even Luffy or Sanji knew it)
7: Nami and Ussop depended on Zoro for Protection even when Luffy was around (Becuse of Luffy's recklessness and Zoro being Cautious/smart and Strong)
8: He was the one who found out how to defeat Pica and utilize Elizabello's power to Save Ussop and everyone else when everyone else were just getting hit by pica
9: he was the one who came up with the idea of pushing the cage and stopping it which saved thousands of lives and bought time for them to run away
10: Saved Frozen Luffy/Robin from Aokiji
there are probably many others which I might've forgotten right now, but all of this is overshadowed and ignored even by Zoro fans and they call him stupid because of sense of direction...which is completely wrong and if he is stupid every songle SH is stupid because of the traits they have

@Cinera @LuthonTheDragDown @Finalbeta @nik87
.... maybe one of you guys can compile the things Zoro did and how Smart he actually is and how people tend to ignore all that because of his sense of direction ...
I can say it clearly without any doubt that he is one of smartest if not Smartest

Apart from the x marks the spot, it's more leadership qualities/ taking the initiative moments that Zoro shines in, which you've nicely highlighted.

While he's clearly not the dumbest in the crew, it would be hard work to remotely call Zoro one of the more intelligent in the crew when the likes of Nami, Robin or even Sanji exsists.

Battle smarts? Yes. He has that plenty which is similar to that of Luffy.

To call him smart in the traditional sense? I wouldn't go that far.

Apart from the x marks the spot, it's more leadership qualities/ taking the initiative moments that Zoro shines in, which you've nicely highlighted.

While he's clearly not the dumbest in the crew, it would be hard work to remotely call Zoro one of the more intelligent in the crew when the likes of Nami, Robin or even Sanji exsists.

Battle smarts? Yes. He has that plenty which is similar to that of Luffy.

To call him smart in the traditional sense? I wouldn't go that far.
Smart in Traditional sense ? .... you admitting it yourself all the things he did and you naming them leadership qualities, Leadership Qualities you are mentioning is because of the smartness, I never even brought up his Strength and Charisma which is needed for leadership, I brought in only his intellectual capabilities...
again, what is it thats preventing you from calling him "Smart in traditional ways" ? ... the answer of course is because his problem with directions... lets say he didnt have any direction problem... would you ever say that he is dumb or he is not smart ? ... I dont think anyone would ever say that
now again, that type of problem all the strawhats have,
is chopper smart or stupid ? stupid ? because he believes Ussop and others lies ? I dont think you will say ...
is Franky Stupid because he walks and talks like pervert ? of course you wont say he is ...
is Ussop Stupid because of fear of everything ? no you wont say he is ....
Is Sanji Stupid because He is pervert who NoseBleeds to death even over enemies who harms his friends ?
you wont call them stupid/dumb but you do call Zoro dumb only for the sense of direction ? ... that is unfair

G

Gorosei Informer

This is freaking glorious dude, I can't even comprehend all of this! Definitely going to need to take some free time out and look at this properly soon!

Another great detail to add especially on Luffy and Zoro doing impressions of Shanks and Benn is that Benn was described to be Shanks's equal or so. The dark side of the moon or something to him, his shadow? I know Rayleigh was said to be like that for Roger and hence why he is the "Dark King" I think? I've always had the same vibe of Roger with Rayleigh and Shanks with Bennand that Luffy and Zoro encompass this same exact vibe.

How they met when I first started OP really stood out to me and it's only gotten immensely better with Zoro's character arc up till now. He's the most loyal, dedicated and big brotherly type of the SHs imo. I always saw him as another brother for Luffy like Ace and Sabo and he really deeply respects his own captain and puts others before his own lifelong dream at times too even. Going as far to even sacrifice his body and almost his actual life itself for his nakama and captain.

I can't even fathom how long this must have taken you to compile but this is absolutely fantastic and such a completely useful and informative asset for the entire OP community!

I've not read it all yet ofc, but I noticed a slight mistake in you saying Rayleigh doesn't let "Zoro" eat. If Rayleigh turns out to be the father of Mihawk, that is gonna make the parallels/connections between Luffy and Zoro more hilariously appropriate and awesome too!

This is freaking glorious dude, I can't even comprehend all of this! Definitely going to need to take some free time out and look at this properly soon!

Another great detail to add especially on Luffy and Zoro doing impressions of Shanks and Benn is that Benn was described to be Shanks's equal or so. The dark side of the moon or something to him, his shadow? I know Rayleigh was said to be like that for Roger and hence why he is the "Dark King" I think? I've always had the same vibe of Roger with Rayleigh and Shanks with Bennand that Luffy and Zoro encompass this same exact vibe.

How they met when I first started OP really stood out to me and it's only gotten immensely better with Zoro's character arc up till now. He's the most loyal, dedicated and big brotherly type of the SHs imo. I always saw him as another brother for Luffy like Ace and Sabo and he really deeply respects his own captain and puts others before his own lifelong dream at times too even. Going as far to even sacrifice his body and almost his actual life itself for his nakama and captain.

I can't even fathom how long this must have taken you to compile but this is absolutely fantastic and such a completely useful and informative asset for the entire OP community!

I've not read it all yet ofc, but I noticed a slight mistake in you saying Rayleigh doesn't let "Zoro" eat. If Rayleigh turns out to be the father of Mihawk, that is gonna make the parallels/connections between Luffy and Zoro more hilariously appropriate and awesome too!
Thanks brother Funk.
Most if not all Vice Captains have a similar relationship as Luffy/Zoro.

It took hours haha, but the great people here have also provided a tremendous number of parallels as well.

By the Rayleigh eat "Zoro" portion, I meant: Rayleigh didn't let Luffy eat until he awakened CoO. And Mihawk didn't let Zoro drink until he awakened CoA.

This was an error, thank you for pointing it out. I changed it.

G

Gorosei Informer

Thanks brother Funk.
Most if not all Vice Captains have a similar relationship as Luffy/Zoro.

It took hours haha, but the great people here have also provided a tremendous number of parallels as well.

By the Rayleigh eat "Zoro" portion, I meant: Rayleigh didn't let Luffy eat until he awakened CoO. And Mihawk didn't let Zoro drink until he awakened CoA.

This was an error, thank you for pointing it out. I changed it.
No worries man, I knew you meant that but it was meant to say Luffy ofc. These parallels are such fantastic observations though man. It's really enhanced my perception of the story in hindsight now. All these amazing little details Oda does which all add up and age tremendously too!

Yeah, I love it when people make such great contributions to threads like this one and others on here I've seen. Thanks for tagging me too!

:cheers::lumazed:

No worries man, I knew you meant that but it was meant to say Luffy ofc. These parallels are such fantastic observations though man. It's really enhanced my perception of the story in hindsight now. All these amazing little details Oda does which all add up and age tremendously too!

Yeah, I love it when people make such great contributions to threads like this one and others on here I've seen. Thanks for tagging me too!

:cheers::lumazed:
I gotta rmmbr to keep tagging you now :milaugh:
Feel like you missed out on mad stuff i wrote