Character Discussion Luffy & Zoro Parallels All Throughout One Piece

Can you point out anything I've said wrong?
I'm entering now. Didn't read the main post and I'm not aware of your points in this discussion.

Only want to say that there is no rivalry between Luffy and Zoro and they are not close in strength.

Zoro is far ahead of Luffy since pre-timeskip. Luffy is only getting closer now but still no match for Zoro.

Only time they were equals was at Enies Lobby when Luffy got G2 and G3. After that Zoro received Shusui and he became out of league once again.

I already mentioned it multiple times why should I repeat myself.
No you did not.

Your idea is that this is a power scaling thread when it’s a portrayal thread.

Boy, I don’t even know why you’re hanging around here this long. You don’t make any sense.

Is there something here you feel strongly about? If so what does it have to do with the premise of this thread?

The portrayal parallel is massive and it can actually strictly refer to their power levels too.

For instance the Whisky Peak battle, or even Zoro being questioned as to why he is not the captain. Then forward into Post Skip with Zoro claiming that if Luffy slacked he would take over and again all the parallelism in Wano with Zoro and Luffy spot together following a similar pattern of events and then both proving amazing from a power level perspective.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I don't think you understand that was a hypothetical example on how luffy fans ( and by luffy fans i mean people who think luffy is clearly stronger than zoro) do not seek to compare luffy with zoro. The underlying reason why some 1 generally makes these parallels is because they believe luffy/zoro are rivals/ close in power.

Here's what needs to be understood.

This thread is being used as copium for zoro fans because they are coping with the harsh reality that sanji/zoro are actually rivals especially compared to luffy/zoro who they both dont acknowledge any rivalry post skip.

You can see multiple people trying to tie this into the dead rivalry that is luffy/zoro including the OP.
So you are assuming the reason behind the OP making the thread and then you proceed to jump into conclusions based on those assumptions to start throwing a hissy fit?

Man, the thread is entirely about the narrative parallels that Oda himself gave Luffy & Zoro. If merely seeing a thread talk about that - stuff that actually exist in the canon manga - is enough for you to get so angry, maybe you should really take a second look in the mirror.

And nope, Oda never fixates on a single rivalry. He keeps it very fluid in order to portray both - the Luffy & Zoro dynamic and the Zoro & Sanji dynamic. You can visibly see the parallels between Luffy's & Zoro's journeys in the first two acts of Wano which eventually culminated in the rooftop fight - highlighted by the OP post. You can also see the rivalry between Zoro & Sanji being highlighted now - with the 1v1 fights and the WoPK titles.

Both the dynamics are not dead lol.

Last edited:
I'm entering now. Didn't read the main post and I'm not aware of your points in this discussion.

Only want to say that there is no rivalry between Luffy and Zoro and they are not close in strength.

Zoro is far ahead of Luffy since pre-timeskip. Luffy is only getting closer now but still no match for Zoro.

Only time they were equals was at Enies Lobby when Luffy got G2 and G3. After that Zoro received Shusui and he became out of league once again.
Stop reading Zoro piece and start one piece. Otherwise one day you can't differentiate between reality and mind fuckery.

Post automatically merged:

Your idea is that this is a power scaling thread when it’s a portrayal thread.
See your above post.

I don't think you understand that was a hypothetical example on how luffy fans ( and by luffy fans i mean people who think luffy is clearly stronger than zoro) do not seek to compare luffy with zoro. The underlying reason why some 1 generally makes these parallels is because they believe luffy/zoro are rivals/ close in power.

This thread is being used as copium for zoro fans because they are coping with the harsh reality that sanji/zoro are actually rivals especially compared to luffy/zoro who they both dont acknowledge any rivalry post skip.

You can see multiple people trying to tie this into the dead rivalry that is luffy/zoro including the OP.
Luffy and Zoro are not rivals for fucks sake. Are you that autistic to make this assumption from my thread? They are partners just as Roger Rayleigh, Kid Killer, Shanks Beckman, have been portrayed.

And the thing about Luffy fans can ONLY believe that Luffy is heaven and earth compared to Zoro, is a ludicrous assumption.

I mean who the fuck are you to decide what the perception of this story fans should take away?

The Zoro Sanji rivalry is overrated. In reality Zoro has much better things to think about and each time it was portrayed it felt more GAGgy than not lol.
Cook can only stay relevant when compared to Zoro. Alone, nobody cares about Cook :gokulaugh:

I personally think Luffy and Zoro will be the only two SHs to have Yonko level bounties EoS, too. Zoro above 4 billion and Luffy above 5 billion. :myman:

Cook might luck his way into 2-3 billion, tho. :suresure:

Was this a powerscaling thread in disguise? Do all Worstgen threads eventually turn into powerscaling debates? I thought this thread was about the narrative parallels between Luffy and Zoro throughout the OP franchise. I should really learn to read.

It's not a powerscaling thread

Dont let these other ppl derail the track
I was being facetious to the random guy that I quoted. I mean you literally spelled out what the thread was about in the title. My thought is that Zoro is the deutaroganist of OP and that just bothers certain fans. So they will do everything to downplay it even when Oda practically beats the point across their heads. I didn't intend to further derail your thread, my apologies.

I was being facetious to the random guy that I quoted. I mean you literally spelled out what the thread was about in the title. My thought is that Zoro is the deutaroganist of OP and that just bothers certain fans. So they will do everything to downplay it even when Oda practically beats the point across their heads. I didn't intend to further derail your thread, my apologies.
Haha no worries, you didn't derail anything!
I quite enjoy reading your posts :goyea:

Luffy and Zoro are not rivals for fucks sake. Are you that autistic to make this assumption from my thread? They are partners just as Roger Rayleigh, Kid Killer, Shanks Beckman, have been portrayed.

And the thing about Luffy fans can ONLY believe that Luffy is heaven and earth compared to Zoro, is a ludicrous assumption.

I mean who the fuck are you to decide what the perception of this story fans should take away?
When did I decide anything I just said it was copium not that people couldn't have a specific view.

No assumption I've looked at your comments idk why your trying to lie about what you were attempting to potray.

Battling 1 vs 1 to a perfect draw in a serious fight

Equal portrayal of their strength - 1

Equal portrayal of their strength - 2

Equal portrayal of their strength - 3

Equal portrayal of their strength - 4

Together against the Yonkos as "pirates leading the next generation"

Fighting against YC1s

Making the other Worst Generation Supernovas shocked when they see their power

Haoshoku Haki duo that makes Wano tremble

Both destined to reach the top of the world as the Pirate King and the World Strongest Swordsman and the PK's Right Hand

In the covers and color spreads most of times Oda puts Luffy and Zoro together at the center, separating them from the others

No you are not portraying them as Kid/killer or roger/ Rayleigh in your own post you reference luffy and zoro being equal in strength. No one says Gol d Roger and Ray are equal or killer and Kidd. People understand who is stronger in that dynamic. You literally posted equal potrayal in strength 4 times

And by "rivals" I generally mean people who are presented in the story as close in power.
Post automatically merged:

Was this a powerscaling thread in disguise? Do all Worstgen threads eventually turn into powerscaling debates? I thought this thread was about the narrative parallels between Luffy and Zoro throughout the OP franchise. I should really learn to read.
It is and people are gaslighting about it especially the OP. Basic reading comprehension picks it up instantly + I already proved it in this thread.

• Luffy/Zoro together makeup Oden's character
10/10 thread but this is the one.

1. Oden was unable to defeat Kaido, not cause he was weaker per say but because of underhanded tactics by that witch and Kaido taking advantage of that momentary hesitation from Oden. Luffy is currently struggling to do any note worthy significant damage to Kaido, but he will defeat him in the end, fulfilling 1 half of what Oden wanted.

2. Oden was able to land a permanent and brutal attack on Kaido without taking any significant damage himself. Just like before because of interference from other parties he was unable to capitalise on it and couldn't kill Kaido. Zoro just like Oden landed an attack on Kaido but because injuries sustained from the strongest attack so far in the story he was too injured for his Ashura attack to put down Kaido (debatable that it would have if he wasn't injured though), but just like Luffy will fulfil 1 half of what Oden wanted, Zoro with the sword that carries Oden's "Will" will fulfil the other part that is putting Kaido down permanently.

#ZKK is written in the stars baby 😈

Last edited: