Theory Luffy's Awakening + Fifth Gear + Reverse Gear [Best theories]

Hey guys,
I want to share with you 2 theories about Awakening and Fifth Gear and a theory i think you have never heard before about Luffy's last gear : Reverse Gear.
The first two are not mine because i think i've seen them somewhere
or seen something similar but the last one i've never heard of it before.
So why not share them with you ?
Now some of you might already knew that Oda has quoted Luffy's Gears from normal car gears : 1،2،3،4،5،R
R means Reverse.
Luffy's gears that we have seen so far :
Second Gear : Speeding blood in all his body parts ( Veins and Arteries ).
Third Gear : pumping air in his bones ( bones ).
Fourth Gear : pumping air in his muscles with armament haki to maintain his form ( muscles ).
What about Fifth Gear ?
Before we get to Fifth Gear we have to talk about the first theory : Awakening.
1- First theory : Awakening :
I think luffy's awakening will be controlling his entire body and i mean literally ، he can harden it without haki and manipulate it as he sees fit.
Btw this is how i think he is gonna overcome Fourth Gear weakness ( Limited time ) because he wouldn't even need haki to maintain his Fourth Gear form but i still think he is gonna use it for more destructive power.
Now we get to the Second theory : Fifth Gear.
2- Second theory : Fifth Gear : Enhancing the nervous system by using awakening ( yes i think it will be about nerves because it's the most fitting body part to be the next gear and this gear can only be activated by awakening ).
He will probably create some electric shock in his body to make his nerves function higher than they should be which he can't to without controlling his body.
Nerves transfer electrical signals throughout the entire body.
This will give him more power ، speed and reflexes.
it will be an insane gear and he will be able to endure this much electricity because he is a rubber man.
if you think about it there isn't really any body part luffy can use to power up except this one and it's a really fitting one for luffy.
even in Movie 10 it was implied by luffy using electricity throughout his leg to beat Shiki by Gigant Thor Axe.
I think we are gonna see Awakening and Fifth Gear in wano arc to beat Kaido because the story is getting closer to the final arc which means we will see the last gear in the last arc that means we have to see Fifth Gear in this one.
3- Third theory : Reverse Gear :
You see guys i think oda has been implying this gear since the very beginning :
1- Luffy is quoted from Son Goku and the latter is quoted from Sun Wukong.
2- Luffy's Family name is Monkey.
3- If you see the cover of chapter 651 you clearly see that luffy's animal is a monkey.
So this gear is about monkeys like you probably guessed from what i'm saying but before you think i'm gonna say it's about his hair don't worry i'm not.
It's about something Oda has mentioned in the story which i don't think he mentioned it just for the sake of mentioning it or Vegapunk scientific discoveries.
No i think he is getting us ready for the last gear.
It's something we all know and oda has given it a different name in the story.
Are you ready for it ?
Reverse Gear or Gear Reverse : DNA ( or like Oda calls it in the story Lineage Factor )
Yes Guys this Gear is about DNA because if you think about it Oda has quoted from many religions so why not quote from atheism ?
Yes i think he will quote from Darwinism which says humans origin is monkeys.
Note : I'm not atheist btw.
that's why luffy's animal is a monkey and Reverse means reversing the evolution to his origins like Darwinism states that humans origins from monkeys.
Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying luffy will become a monkey
i'm just saying this gear will be something similar and it's all about manipulating his DNA ( probably through awakening too )
It has already been revealed that Vegapunk and Judge discovered the Lineage Factor ( DNA ) and the goverment hunted them when they found out about this and captured Vegapunk because of it.
So i think when luffy meets Vegapunk he will have something to do with this Reverse Gear.
because DNA ( Lineage Factor ) is kinda Vegapunk thing maybe after luffy saves him or the Revolutionary army from the goverment he will help Luffy.
Btw there is a character with rubber-like powers who changes his shape in dc comics he is called elongated man but luffy here will change something more complicated that is DNA.
This will be Luffy's most powerful gear.
So what do you guys think ?

reposting here but im like 90 percent sure Gear 5 will be either a permanent upgrade or something that lasts for a very long time without draining Luffy's stamina. My reasoning is that this is what 5th/Overdrive gear is for in manual vehicles, to reduce strain on the vehicle and save fuel when maintaining highway speeds for an extended period of time. In other words it's exactly what Rayleigh recommended Luffy needed before the King Kong Gun gag of him just doing an even bigger and more intense punch.

Also Luffy uses Thor Elephant Gun to beat Don Chinjao in the coliseum in Dressrosa, he's already used electricity attacks in the main series.

Luffy turning himself into a monkey is too much like a Zoan Hybrid. Don’t see that happening.
I said he is not gonna become a monkey it's just something similar to it this gear is gonna allow him to evolve himself to something overpowered because it's about DNA.
Post automatically merged:

reposting here but im like 90 percent sure Gear 5 will be either a permanent upgrade or something that lasts for a very long time without draining Luffy's stamina. My reasoning is that this is what 5th/Overdrive gear is for in manual vehicles, to reduce strain on the vehicle and save fuel when maintaining highway speeds for an extended period of time. In other words it's exactly what Rayleigh recommended Luffy needed before the King Kong Gun gag of him just doing an even bigger and more intense punch.

Also Luffy uses Thor Elephant Gun to beat Don Chinjao in the coliseum in Dressrosa, he's already used electricity attacks in the main series.
Yeah but what about the nerves is it fit to be the next gear ?
anyway i don't think we should consider the actual car gears literally because Oda just quoted the numbers of these gears and Luffy's gears are always about some body system and this time it will be nervous system and honestly I don't see any better body system except DNA which will be in the next gear to evolve himself to something overpowered.
Thanks for your replay.

I'm hoping his Awakening is that he can transfer his essence of being rubber to his surroundings. Somebody's about to land on the ground, Luffy makes the ground rubber, that somebody isn't prepared for the give of the floor and loses their footing. Or he hits somebody into the wall and it bounces them off into another wall that bounces them off it. Like pinball lol

I'm hoping his Awakening is that he can transfer his essence of being rubber to his surroundings. Somebody's about to land on the ground, Luffy makes the ground rubber, that somebody isn't prepared for the give of the floor and loses their footing. Or he hits somebody into the wall and it bounces them off into another wall that bounces them off it. Like pinball lol
No that doesn't sound very useful and it doesn't make any sense because Luffy's fruit is different than Doflamingo's ( makes strings from his body ) and Katakrui's (makes mochi from his body) but Luffy doesn't make rubber from his body so why should he turn other things around him into rubber.

Last edited:
I already read both these theories back in like 2015. You’re not the first ierson to combine them either.

Also I think Zoro will get reverse gear too.