General Mafia General Chat

Hello everyone, let's talk about our first-ever mafia game. What alignment were you? How did the game go? What made you want to sign up? Any funny little stories you got of it?

For me, my first mafia game was Town of Salem back on Oro Jackson. I was the Mafia Janitor. I had no idea what the fuck I was doing. I barely talked to my teammates. Got jailed the first night, my teammates got killed left and right, and the next thing I know I was by myself with only the Witch to fight Town with. Fortunately for me, the Witch was a great player and even though I didn't know who they were, they knew me. I got jailed again, thought I was done, but the Witch saved me. Next day phase, I'm like "oh, shit, I'm alive!" so I start bragging about victory in the thread, but then I'm like "oh, shit, I probably shouldn't have said that", so I edited my post and went back into hiding. Witch proceeds to body the rest of Town and then we won the game, whoo! I honestly couldn't tell you how we won. Didn't know what the hell was going on the entire time. Made like 6 posts max the whole game. I just knew to lie to the Jailor about my role the first time he jailed me.

My motivation for playing was that I wanted a high post count on the forum. Don't think I was doing a good job at accomplishing that goal by making only 6 posts.

Now, what about you guys?

My first mafia game was Baba jester mania game back in OJ we lost but it was fun. Chris Mic screwed us over in the end and I couldn't get town to take votes off of him fast enough to reverse the damage. Baba was the GOAT for that end game WU though ahahahahah. Curiosity is what made me signed up. I just felt like playing any game and it was more engaging than I thought.

AL sama

Red Haired
I'm not sure why or how I started playing mafia. I noticed that the Durarara mafia game was taking time to fill up and I had recently finished watching the anime, so I thought I could play this game. I started off and caught on how to play the game pretty quickly.

But it was different from the regular mafia type with Town as majority, and scum as minority. We were all divided into factions and had to outnumber the other factions while at the same time watching out for Indies. The game was called off in the middle since the host couldn't continue, but it was a fun experience for me. The first time I saw someone call another player scum, I thought he was insulting him by calling him a scumbag lmao. However, I think my faction Dollars were set to win the game if it continued. That was the first time I met @Zem who was also in my faction haha.
that was my first or second regular mafia and my first game with divv and you

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"

here look you played my newbie game as your second or third game and it was in 2019

larsi's naruto game was 2 weeks after this
Madieee :feelscryingman:

This is making me wanna go back and read some of my games, but I don't think that's possible. Too many games that I just can't forgot and would love to relive.

that was my first or second regular mafia and my first game with divv and you
I remember muugen and Mat going ham on you in that game lol. They wanted you out for sure. I met a lot of people then Shanksette, Shion, Ewhee.

Imitating Shion in the second weeb game was so funny for me lol. People thought he was talking to himself when he was quoting nekron hahahha.

@Natalija invited me to laix's manga mashup on NF lol. i was a town role with 1 ability when some ppl had essays of a role lmao. the host didnt think i would be active and they r absolutely right lol

thought mafia was an automatic game like hunger games (which were common in NF onepiece section). i eventually got copped and ppl knew my ability so they kept tagging me to use it lol. it was an ability to refill lost shots and they wanted me to refil mercy' s revive ability or sm sht lol.

in that same game apparently town had like 15 players (me included) dying to death note in one phase lmao. i only learned this after like 3 months of the game ending when i was reading back lol.

my first actual game when i wasnt inactifag was aries supersmash game. another super rolemadness game where i was fox galaxy characters (fox, falco.. etc..). i just hard sheeped town leaders there and eventually revealed too much about my role being a vig thay works against a specific mafia faction which lead to me being shot down by them before i could scum hunt and shoot them.

i enjoyed the idea behind the game so decided to sign up for more to scum hunt these ningens. and eventually got hard addicted after my first scum game on DDL's Tower of God game which is still my fav game to this day lol.
I thought you joined another game before Manga Mashup. I remember you were in the dbz aries mafia game but you were modkilled for being inactive lol. Guess that doesn't count though.

Death note was kinda cool tbh. Punishing claims and such. And townies can also use it to insta delete scum too.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
i dont even remember how i ended up in the sign up thread but im pretty sure i was saying i didn't wanna play
but then some mod with a croc avy and this ace fan admin quoted my post and next thing i knew i got shanghaied into the game

it was a vanilla game and i was vanilla townie but it was fun so i signed up for the next one

Melontonin

Blood Manipulation
My first game was throne of lies, hosted by Drago almost a year ago. I already played many many ToS games years ago so I was familiar with mechanics and roles in general. Only thing I had no clue about was scum hunting. @Fujishiro told me I should follow how @Reborn plays: at the time he was aggressive and put a lot of pressure on players, so I tried doing that but very clumsily... I was sheriff and claimed right when pressure started to build on me -- I didn't know that claiming is a last resort sort of thing. The game ended with a tie because some deadchat info leaked to the main game thread.

And that's when my always mafia curse started. :feelsokeman:Literally, the only other time I have ever been a true town since then was the weeb game. Two other times I was third, with a choice to be town (and you bet I took it).

I joined just because I was intrigued by Fuji explaining to me what happened in the cat game (game right before ToL)

Last edited:

AL sama

Red Haired
i dont even remember how i ended up in the sign up thread but im pretty sure i was saying i didn't wanna play
but then some mod with a croc avy and this ace fan admin quoted my post and next thing i knew i got shanghaied into the game

it was a vanilla game and i was vanilla townie but it was fun so i signed up for the next one
I thought your first game was on WG