General Mafia General Chat

Zemmi

GodMommie
I think you are gonna struggle with keeping the activity with 2 games like that. But who knows I guess
I think it's fine for them to attempt it, because trying it out doesn't hurt. If it don't work out they will just have to go back to the way they are.

Though honestly, I don't think it matters too much anyways. The players seem to self regulate when games fill and start, so just because sign ups are up, doesn't mean they will fill just because they are up, and will have to wait until there is enough players. So self regulating.

What if Light Games were used as a specific tool to attempt to get more people into Mafia when required?

Some newbies (obviously not everyone) may feel pretty intimidated by starting playing with a RM or a ToS as their first game as they involve rather complex mechanics for a total newbie.

Light Games could be used as a tool to permit new players to join Mafia by experiencing a softer impact and gain confidence more easily and faster, which could help expand the section from within this very site rather than necessarily go searching for players elsewhere in order to permeate the section.

They could be hosted as special games used to get new and new people into Mafia more easily fundamentally. Even just a very few of them per year.

I noticed how a few new faces did join an RM recently but did sub out. It would be a shame if they eventually did so just because they felt the game was being too complex and were being overwhelmed.

I m well aware of it tbh :josad::josad:
Who decides stuff here for mafia?
I think it's fine for them to attempt it, because trying it out doesn't hurt. If it don't work out they will just have to go back to the way they are.

Though honestly, I don't think it matters too much anyways. The players seem to self regulate when games fill and start, so just because sign ups are up, doesn't mean they will fill just because they are up, and will have to wait until there is enough players. So self regulating.
my point is why not run something different that’s easier and smaller. Like I said you can do it like you said and wait for sign ups and what not. But then people who sign up have no idea when game will start and that cause for concern with subbing and being able to play. Just concern is all

D

Dragomir

Who decides stuff here for mafia?
The coaches.
my point is why not run something different that’s easier and smaller. Like I said you can do it like you said and wait for sign ups and what not. But then people who sign up have no idea when game will start and that cause for concern with subbing and being able to play. Just concern is all
Hosts can assign a start date for their games in the signup like Rhea did for hers.

D

Dragomir

What's the difference between a light game and a normal game?
A maximum of 1/3 of the players have abilities while everyone else is vanilla.
a small rolemadness (one ability per role)
No. That's just role madness. Role madness by definition is everyone has an ability. It can't be considered a light game just cause it's only one ability per role.

Light game is synonymous with vanilla games.

Light games are perfect to try new mechanics

One of the most interesting games i played was when players voted who to give a gun instead of lynch. And then that player shoots someone during the night.

Pretty interesting and opens a lot of posibilities