General Mafia General Chat

Das Mafia
Critique of The Mafia Community & Resignation Letter
Friedrich Borto & Karl Typo​
Throughout the 6/7 years I have been playing taking long breaks every time and then I have realized the following;
- only a small percentage of mafia players actually play the game to “have fun” or any reason along these lines.
The other smaller percentage is with the people who someone asks to play but aren’t that interested in it themselves, they end up not preforming well, as expected.
The rest are the problem and that’s where the huge majority of players are people suffering from superiority complex and attention seeking people, a good example for the sake of the argument chosen because I care not if I hurt their feelings is @God Of Mafia, the name he unironically chose should tell you what I'm talking about, that’s a severe case though. other less severe cases of superiority complex include things like endlessly bragging endlessly about the few good things they ever did through the years or saying things like “told you so” “I tried to warn you” and other acts of blaming other people for not listening without actually acting accordingly, and if did really try but failed to convince others; it’s really their fault of for not being able to in most cases.
On a side note: generally speaking, townies getting mislynched or shot by other town specially early-on is in most cases the fault of the mislynched town generally for not defending themselves properly when accused, playing badly or sometimes both, I never felt remorse for those.​
- Mods should be more decisive when dealing with constantly shitty players ruining the game for other players and showing no improvement in their attitude throughout several games. tough but fuck them, they ruin the game on the website.
- if there's a wish then it has to be that hosts implement mechanics that encourages the individual efforts rather than the group efforts that most of the times gets fucked for a reasons out of your hand and you end up wasting all the efforts in the drain.
----
- As to why I am writing this, it's just to convince these lovely fuckers to stop summoning me every now and then and why I am serious when I say it's becoming unpleasant for me to play a game, for reasons mentioned above among others, unchangeable things like understanding the real reason I play, and not liking it, it has been a good experience for a while but not any more and the real reason is that the future me won't stick to something I never said so there you go bitch.
Anyhow I am very grateful for all the things I have learned. friends, bros, grandpas and mamas I have made along the way, but it's time to stop responding to your summons. miss me? would love it if you would contact me on discord. I might host that one game I have wanted to host for a long time, but other than that... Typo Out. *mic drop*

Das Mafia
Throughout the 6/7 years I have been playing taking long breaks every time and then I have realized the following;
- only a small percentage of mafia players actually play the game to “have fun” or any reason along these lines.
The other smaller percentage is with the people who someone asks to play but aren’t that interested in it themselves, they end up not preforming well, as expected.
The rest are the problem and that’s where the huge majority of players are people suffering from superiority complex and attention seeking people, a good example for the sake of the argument chosen because I care not if I hurt their feelings is @God Of Mafia, the name he unironically chose should tell you what I'm talking about, that’s a severe case though. other less severe cases of superiority complex include things like endlessly bragging endlessly about the few good things they ever did through the years or saying things like “told you so” “I tried to warn you” and other acts of blaming other people for not listening without actually acting accordingly, and if did really try but failed to convince others; it’s really their fault of for not being able to in most cases.
On a side note: generally speaking, townies getting mislynched or shot by other town specially early-on is in most cases the fault of the mislynched town generally for not defending themselves properly when accused, playing badly or sometimes both, I never felt remorse for those.​
- Mods should be more decisive when dealing with constantly shitty players ruining the game for other players and showing no improvement in their attitude throughout several games. tough but fuck them, they ruin the game on the website.
- if there's a wish then it has to be that hosts implement mechanics that encourages the individual efforts rather than the group efforts that most of the times gets fucked for a reasons out of your hand and you end up wasting all the efforts in the drain.
----
- As to why I am writing this, it's just to convince these lovely fuckers to stop summoning me every now and then and why I am serious when I say it's becoming unpleasant for me to play a game, for reasons mentioned above among others, unchangeable things like understanding the real reason I play, and not liking it, it has been a good experience for a while but not any more and the real reason is that the future me won't stick to something I never said so there you go bitch.
Anyhow I am very grateful for all the things I have learned. friends, bros, grandpas and mamas I have made along the way, but it's time to stop responding to your summons. miss me? would love it if you would contact me on discord. I might host that one game I have wanted to host for a long time, but other than that... Typo Out. *mic drop*
Muugen, you, kvothe, me... who else is quitting? :josad:

Zemmi

GodMommie
Das Mafia
----
Love you son :sweat:

AL sama

Red Haired
Das Mafia
----
at least we're doing this together my bro

Das Mafia
----
Sad to see you stop Horsie, hope you'll stick around.

Much love.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Das Mafia
----
Don't go horsie

Stay with us

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
@Noctis Are you planning to host your Valentines Gane after Fuji's Warcraft one? If so, I'd like to strongly pencil in Date a Live Mafia (w/ @Blue & @Flowa) for after that one. Blue has been waiting for several months by this point, but I'm conscious that a Seasonal game like Valentines, which is already two weeks out of season, would essentially be redundant if it took much more. I'd expect it start probably around mid-March, so Date a Live will lie in April.

Last edited:

Mashiro Blue

In Japan they celebrate "White day" on 14th March.

Which is a reverse Valentine's day where the man should gift the girls with chocolate and other things.

Also it's etiquette that man should gift the girl 2 to 3 times the value of what they received the previous month.

It would be interesting to host at that time.

If not, April is fine too.

Last edited:
@Noctis Are you planning to host your Valentines Gane after Fuji's Warcraft one? If so, I'd like to strongly pencil in Date a Live Mafia (w/ @Blue & @Flowa) for after that one. Blue has been waiting for several months by this point, but I'm conscious that a Seasonal game like Valentines, which is already two weeks out of season, would essentially be redundant if it took much more. I'd expect it start probably around mid-March, so Date a Live will lie in April.
No, I thought of hosting in feb cause I had some free time but I can't now anytime soon so you guys are free to host your game and good luck

Mashiro Blue

Well I finally have access to a desktop PC so it makes formatting the roles much more easier.

Might even add flavour to the roles.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Das Mafia
----
lol I just can’t stand this place tbh
why r ppl quitting

yall can take a break, but dont quit smh

do agree about certain rules eventually need to be established. im gna start to host more games myself and will be pretty strict and competitive with it.

@AL sama @Dragomir and whoever is modding the section. is it possible to have games that r ranked and games that arent? so a game thats ranked is meant to be more competitive, more balanced, and more punishing to excessive inactivty/fluffing/bad behavior/excessive drama/angle shooting/excessive language/toxicity/crying or anything that ruins the spirit of the game.

whereas the normal games would be more lenient, more beginner friendly and generally more chill/more for fun rather than competitive. here hosts can try new setup ideas or w.e they want as well.

ranked game will count toward ur year record or w.e system that we can develop. unranked games dont count.

i will shift more to a host than a player for the rest of the year so if this idea is welcomed we can start working on making rules and regulations for it. are yall down?