General Mafia General Chat

Rej

Year of the black beard!
guys watch Ascendance of a Bookworm if you look for new hot shit...
after this season finale I am speechless, this anime, this novel story is just peak fantasy
this is so goated I don't even know where to begin with

Well imo problem of isekai is that they all feel same

Same setting
Same abilities
Same MC
Same thirsty girl
Same generic vilain
Same races

Every isekai i read was sub par.

Drifters would be best isekai but thats only bcs Jesus christ is main vilain
Ive read a few chapters of "Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Docho", and ive got an idea how prolly a lot of isekai goes.

The bookworm Rej mentioned isnt in that direction with thirsty girls and whatever

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Yes, but more slice of life. And it's more intelligent than any other isekai.

Same setting
Same abilities
Same MC
Same thirsty girl
Same generic vilain

Same races

Then you gotta try out Ascendance of a Bookworm, because it's cutting away all the things you dislike about isekai making it a unique standalone fantasy that's uncompareable to other fantasy shows.

It centers aspects like the life of families and people. Protecting your beloved ones without having "power".
Power in Ascendance of a Bookworm comes from knowledge.
3 seasons in and you see nothing from the points you mentioned. No thirsty sexualization playing part in this anime. :goyea:

Ive read a few chapters of "Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Docho", and ive got an idea how prolly a lot of isekai goes.

The bookworm Rej mentioned isnt in that direction with thirsty girls and whatever
Would be a welcomed change if it is different

But to me it is like every single setting a medieval one with magic. You have archer nature elves that are usually slaves, orcs that are brutes and maybe they throw in dwarves that are engineers

MC is either a nobody IRL or a god gamer, he discovers something unique that gives him unfair advantage against others

His love interest is either a female knight/mage or a princess that starts of arrogant but grows to like him or is tsundere from the start bcs he saved her

I could go on but man, you get the point

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Would be a welcomed change if it is different

But to me it is like every single setting a medieval one with magic. You have archer nature elves that are usually slaves, orcs that are brutes and maybe they throw in dwarves that are engineers

MC is either a nobody IRL or a god gamer, he discovers something unique that gives him unfair advantage against others

His love interest is either a female knight/mage or a princess that starts of arrogant but grows to like him or is tsundere from the start bcs he saved her

I could go on but man, you get the point
But I feel this doesn't only just apply to isekais nowadays, but also other anime like the typical "MC obtains demon powers, turns into a demon to get rid of demons + thirsty girls with sexual designs - type of shonen". Each one of those shows have the same psychotic main villain that's disconnected from reality while the MC is connected to reality somehow because of "bonds"-clichee type.

But yeah I will def reduce my isekai consumption going forward, if I were to watch something in the future then only very renown titles or things that are cleverly thinking out of the box.

Is this the general chat? Hi guys, hello!
Yoo-hoo rem you made it, glad to see you find us all :)
I just know it’s been around 8-8 ish years at this point. I’m trying to think about what my first theory was cause that’s when I joined I kinda want to say it was my sanji theory which was like the time when dressrosa ended in the manga ish, maybe a bit before that but bleach was big time and idk if the war had began in Naruto, hmmm wow it feels like such a short time passed for all that but it also feels so long ago now hah
I horrifically broke my right arm back in 2017 after slippin on dog shit
Like actually snapped the ulna in half and dislocated the radius from my elbow
Same day find out I'm allergic to morphine
Took 2 surgeries to fix completley
Staples got infected and needed taken out early cause I found out I was allergic to nickle
My right hand was straight up paralyzed for a year
But it's back to normal now for the most part
Got a cool scar from it though
:yearight:
Literally the same as doc I still can’t stop laughing after like 10 mins just rereading this. what a legendary way to go out hahaha
I don’t have a sense of smell. I’ve broken my nose 6 times and it’s basically a jigsaw puzzle inside (looks normal tho on the outside thank goodness lol).

I need surgery to fix it but I procrastinate and don’t really wanna. :peperain:
& 6 6 times wth is wrong with you doc I’ve only broken my nose once but have fractured like 10 bones at this point ribs, both elbows, fractured and dislocated my shoulder plus a couple of other things and I’d say fractures are worse than breaks cause there’s really not much to heal you just have to give it time jaha

Same setting
Same abilities
Same MC
Same thirsty girl
Same generic vilain
Same races

how dare you discredit InuYasha, Devil is a Part Timer, Shield Hero and Overlord.

I just know it’s been around 8-8 ish years at this point. I’m trying to think about what my first theory was cause that’s when I joined I kinda want to say it was my sanji theory which was like the time when dressrosa ended in the manga ish, maybe a bit before that but bleach was big time and idk if the war had began in Naruto, hmmm wow it feels like such a short time passed for all that but it also feels so long ago now hah
Even I joined just before Mingo's defeat. That's when I started reading One Piece Manga. Umm when was that? 2015?