General Mafia General Chat

i used to always get nightmares as well and it sucked

not sure if this applies to u or this is the reason they went away but keeping my room clean before bed helped me
it doesnt have to be perfect but like an uncluttered desk, not having things lying around on the floor or hanging off a chair, etc. was helpful

personally, i like keeping a lot of my items in baskets on my shelves so that even if things get cluttered sometimes, its not easily viewable and ur room still looks neat overall
That's actually plausible given Feng Shui can help a lot.

Lol fine but it's hard to believe I guess if I go into deeper spiritual stuff and without knowing the specifics of a dream.

Basically if you're having really bad nightmares it can mean 1 or 2 or 3 of these things:

You have a lot of personal wounds and you feel restless even if we try to masquerade it with material stuff.

You're living a life that doesn't bring you joy.

Or you are chased (literally...) and have a lot of karma to pay.
Hmmm, I never really was bothered enough by the dream per say except for one specific one, I ponder on the meaning sometimes, and I wouldn't say I get scared in those nightmares, i might be a bit disturbed of the events, but I never woke up sweating and freaking out. I usually wake up very calmly and just say to myself, 'damn, that was an experience.'.

I had those type of dreams since I was a kid. But one specific dream to give an example, I don't remember the details precisely, i was either helping someone get out of the water or not sure, but i was in the water and then a snake literally bites me in my back. My body gets paralyzed and I slowly drown to the depth of the ocean, I can see clearly the surface of the water moving further away as I am sinking deeper and deeper unable to move. Not sure what emotions were going through while that was happening. But eventually I woke up just before I lost consciousness, and while I was losing breath and air in the dream, I didn't necessarily feel suffocated. But it was an unease feeling as i was sinking deeper and deeper into the ocean. This dream in particular made me ponder about stuff for a second if there is hidden meaning somewhere.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
But eventually I woke up just before I lost consciousness, and while I was losing breath and air in the dream, I didn't necessarily feel suffocated.
This brings a thought to my head that I heard many years ago. Basically our minds can't create something new. We always modify or adopt from what we've experienced or seen before.

The reason people always wake up/stop dreaming before they die is because we don't know what lies beyond death and therefore the mind can't create the feeling of death.

It's happened to me a few times where I'm falling from a high place and right before I touch down, I wake up.

i used to always get nightmares as well and it sucked

not sure if this applies to u or this is the reason they went away but keeping my room clean before bed helped me
it doesnt have to be perfect but like an uncluttered desk, not having things lying around on the floor or hanging off a chair, etc. was helpful

personally, i like keeping a lot of my items in baskets on my shelves so that even if things get cluttered sometimes, its not easily viewable and ur room still looks neat overall
I dream once every blue moon so it's a rare event for me xD

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Interestingly enough, to all the lucid dreamers here, there's a creepy pasta (?) (if you're into these things) about a letter you find in your dreams that keeps telling you to "Wake up".

Basically the pasta says that you think the world is real and everything is real, but in reality it's all a dream, and the only clue is the letter you find that keeps telling you to "Wake up".

Emil

Certified Memelord
This brings a thought to my head that I heard many years ago. Basically our minds can't create something new. We always modify or adopt from what we've experienced or seen before.

The reason people always wake up/stop dreaming before they die is because we don't know what lies beyond death and therefore the mind can't create the feeling of death.

It's happened to me a few times where I'm falling from a high place and right before I touch down, I wake up.
thats interesting way to put it wow

Yes! I really find it fascinating. Basically our subconscious mind creates scenarios with what burdens it or its thoughts and desires etc.

And it happens as it processes information while asleep.
Actually for me it's the opposite. Everytime sth bad happens to me, which isn't a rare thing, I have nice dreams. I think my dreams help me overcome things. Like my brain gives me therapy.

hmm i died in a dream once tho

it was the weirdest thing ever
right as i died, the dream switched to 3rd person and i just saw myself dead and bleeding (got impaled lmao) and ppl were gathering around my body

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Hmmm, I never really was bothered enough by the dream per say except for one specific one, I ponder on the meaning sometimes, and I wouldn't say I get scared in those nightmares, i might be a bit disturbed of the events, but I never woke up sweating and freaking out. I usually wake up very calmly and just say to myself, 'damn, that was an experience.'.

I had those type of dreams since I was a kid. But one specific dream to give an example, I don't remember the details precisely, i was either helping someone get out of the water or not sure, but i was in the water and then a snake literally bites me in my back. My body gets paralyzed and I slowly drown to the depth of the ocean, I can see clearly the surface of the water moving further away as I am sinking deeper and deeper unable to move. Not sure what emotions were going through while that was happening. But eventually I woke up just before I lost consciousness, and while I was losing breath and air in the dream, I didn't necessarily feel suffocated. But it was an unease feeling as i was sinking deeper and deeper into the ocean. This dream in particular made me ponder about stuff for a second if there is hidden meaning somewhere.
That's quite the dream.

Water means a cleasing.

Paralyzed can mean unable to move forward with something.

Deeper and deeper into the water I'm not sure though. Could mean deep cleasing and/or the stuff about death that I talked before.

Mashiro Blue

This is definitely true.

If you "are in a place" that can't be processed by the brain when you're dreaming, the brain will proccess it to the closest thing it has experienced.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
thats interesting way to put it wow
Yeah, it's pretty interesting lol.

I think the rational explanation that comes to mind here is because cleaning your room / keeping things organized gives you some sense of control in life, at least, in your room. And having control of one's life reduces stress as well because it's more likely that you're also prepared for any hardships you may face or reduce any hardships you may face.

Interesting suggestion though, hime.

Yeah, it's pretty interesting lol.

I think the rational explanation that comes to mind here is because cleaning your room / keeping things organized gives you some sense of control in life, at least, in your room. And having control of one's life reduces stress as well because it's more likely that you're also prepared for any hardships you may face or reduce any hardships you may face.

Interesting suggestion though, hime.
ah that makes lots of sense, maybe thats y it helped me

Mashiro Blue

and what does the snake living in the water mean?
Snake

Backstabbing, betrayal, people talking in your back (also you were bit in the back) or someone close~ish to you that wants negative things to happen to you. Treacherous snake.

Naturally this is all associated with people.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
hmm i died in a dream once tho

it was the weirdest thing ever
right as i died, the dream switched to 3rd person and i just saw myself dead and bleeding (got impaled lmao) and ppl were gathering around my body
Oh damn. Sorry for that lol.

Also being impaled (Were you a vampire?) is violent lmao. But yeah, essentially you won't experience the pain of it. Just what you know might happen because of it.