General Mafia General Chat

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
u think UK will change into democracy now? whose going to take after the queen
It's already a democracy - it has an elected government with a Prime Minister. Though minor correction - she was corronated in 1953, but became Queen in 1952.

As for the Monarchy, the next thing that will happen is Charles, her eldest Son, will be asked to take the Crown. He'll be sworn in as King Charles III, probably within the next few days or weeks. That then makes Prince William the heir to the throne, which has long been fervored for.

Emil

Certified Memelord
It's already a democracy - it has an elected government with a Prime Minister. Though minor correction - she was corronated in 1953, but became Queen in 1952.

As for the Monarchy, the next thing that will happen is Charles, her eldest Son, will be asked to take the Crown. He'll be sworn in as King Charles III, probably within the next few days or weeks. That then makes Prince William the heir to the throne, which has long been fervored for.
UK's system is confusing but i was never one thats good with politics lol. so there r both prime minister and monarchy. the successor and heir part feels very ancient system cuz its always associated with like medieval times

king @Charlie u will do good !!

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
UK's system is confusing but i was never one thats good with politics lol. so there r both prime minister and monarchy. the successor and heir part feels very ancient system cuz its always associated with like medieval times

king @Charlie u will do good !!
I personally like it.

Means the Brits didn't ride the republic wave at the time and did their own thing.

Actually "doing their own thing" is probably one of the reasons why Brexit happened.

Mashiro Blue

Seriously more European coutries should have monarquies. At least the ones that historically had one for centuries.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I personally like it.

Means the Brits didn't ride the republic wave at the time and did their own thing.

Actually "doing their own thing" is probably one of the reasons why Brexit happened.
yeah its pretty cool lol

idk how practical it is cuz one of those heirs may be incompetent or evil down the line but thats really the same for all other types of government lol

Mashiro Blue

yeah its pretty cool lol

idk how practical it is cuz one of those heirs may be incompetent or evil down the line but thats really the same for all other types of government lol
I would guess it has its advantages and disadvantages but the monarch system can be independent from political parties influences, at least a bit more than presidents, plus the heirs can receive private education which can enable the king/queen to have a proper understanding of the ins and outs of a country, very much unlike those sleazy politicians.

On the minus side, I guess they could theorically stay in a "aristocrat bubble" and be disconnected from the people.

Well it seems Elizabeth, by experiencing WWII, was not so much in this bubble, if such a thing exists in the first place.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
The Heirs being evil or whatever is largely mitigated by the fact the monarchy only really has any power on paper, and use of said powers would cause civil unrest (and essentially result in the prompt abolishment of the monarchy). It is technically possible that a corrupt King or Queen could use their Sovereignty to upheave government law, but they would have to be about 50 or so years old by then anyway, so chances are less likely that they act rashly and impulsively. It is possible, but you could say the same about any system.

The key thing I think people get stuck on is the divide of power between the monarchy and the government. For example, a Government cannot be formed without the reigning monarch having a conversation with the Prime Minister to be and cordially asking them to form a Government. While said monarchy technically has the right to refuse this request, to do so would either be seen as either ignoring the will of her people, or subduing one of the major political powers in the UK - neither of which are very desirable for the monarchy that is already under pressure.

It gets a bit more complex though when you co side what has happened this week. You may or may not know that the UK has a new Prime Minister. The thing is, she hasn't been elected - the leader of the Conservative Party, Boris Johnson, stepped down, and because the Government is a Conservative Party government, it means that the Conservative party then decides who its new leader is, and that person becomes the Prime Minister as a result. Generally what happens after this is that the new Prine Minister holds a new election, this would be so that she can win the democratic election which in turn would give her greater leverage when it comes to forming policies and staples of her government. Our new one has claimed that she won't hold one until 2024 though, but we'll just have to see.

A chaotic week for Britain, to be sure.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I would guess it has its advantages and disadvantages but the monarch system can be independent from political parties influences, at least a bit more than presidents, plus the heirs can receive private education which can enable the king/queen to have a proper understanding of the ins and outs of a country, very much unlike those sleazy politicians.

On the minus side, I guess they could theorically stay in a "aristocrat bubble" and be disconnected from the people.

Well it seems Elizabeth, by experiencing WWII, was not so much in this bubble, if such a thing exists in the first place.
The Heirs being evil or whatever is largely mitigated by the fact the monarchy only really has any power on paper, and use of said powers would cause civil unrest (and essentially result in the prompt abolishment of the monarchy). It is technically possible that a corrupt King or Queen could use their Sovereignty to upheave government law, but they would have to be about 50 or so years old by then anyway, so chances are less likely that they act rashly and impulsively. It is possible, but you could say the same about any system.

The key thing I think people get stuck on is the divide of power between the monarchy and the government. For example, a Government cannot be formed without the reigning monarch having a conversation with the Prime Minister to be and cordially asking them to form a Government. While said monarchy technically has the right to refuse this request, to do so would either be seen as either ignoring the will of her people, or subduing one of the major political powers in the UK - neither of which are very desirable for the monarchy that is already under pressure.

It gets a bit more complex though when you co side what has happened this week. You may or may not know that the UK has a new Prime Minister. The thing is, she hasn't been elected - the leader of the Conservative Party, Boris Johnson, stepped down, and because the Government is a Conservative Party government, it means that the Conservative party then decides who its new leader is, and that person becomes the Prime Minister as a result. Generally what happens after this is that the new Prine Minister holds a new election, this would be so that she can win the democratic election which in turn would give her greater leverage when it comes to forming policies and staples of her government. Our new one has claimed that she won't hold one until 2024 though, but we'll just have to see.

A chaotic week for Britain, to be sure.
y-yeah i cant do politics more than this sorry

Mashiro Blue

y-yeah i cant do politics more than this sorry

Basically this so called Democratic system is a corrupted Oligarchy with an illusion of choice and freedom.

To make it truly democratic, no political parties or preferential treatment from the media should exist plus people should be well informed and have a certain IQ level to make appropriate choices when selecting the Head of State.

Yeah not happening.