General Mafia Science Lab / Encyclopedia

Rej

Year of the black beard!

Hello WorstGen Mafia community!
I had this idea for a while now, to make a thread/section dedicated to present and explain newly found mechanics, terms and names in a thread. With that we can create our own encyclopedia where players and hosts can have a look. Like for explanations or inspirations.

I got this idea because I invented new mechanics and terms for hololive 2.0, but that game is scheduled for next year, now that I am preparing Weebs. And I wanna use the exact same mechanics and terms for Weebs. Now instead of listing those in the game thread or have players figure those out by trying, I decided to make this thread so I only have to explain them once. I then plan to refer to posts in this thread if anything comes up in my future games.

Please, feel free to do the same to my fellow scientists. If you invented stuff and you may use it in your future games, you may take the chance and make a post here presenting what you came up with.

Just some gentlemen rules:
Do not use this thread for discussions or FaQ. People can ask questions to the inventor in the gen chat or in a private DM. The inventor then can make a FaQ or a patch in one of their "encyclopedia entries" here in this thread.
Please just don't clog this thread so we can easily see the inventor's posts here.

That is all! My entry will follow up soon and stay tuned for more in future. Enjoy yourself guys! Peace out! <3​

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Setups:

4-Corner Splitt - The 4-corner splitt indicates a symmetrical setup where both town and mafia are splitt into two teams. Whether they can win together and under what conditions depends on the host. Example setup: hololive

Mechanics:

Toss - To toss something means to openly detach an ability or an item from a role and add it to a pool.
Take - To take something means to openly attach an ability or an item from a pool and add it to your role.
-Toss & Take is a creative ability mechanic that allows the alternation of roles, aswell as give players material to discuss for and coordinate.
-Toss & Take always occurs with a write up, so players can track the availability of abilities and items in the tosspool.
-Toss can be made so it can be used on other players.
-Toss can be made so a role that died will toss their abilities into the tosspool.
-Take can be made so a player can take more than one ability from the pool.

Example abilities:
[Toss] - Toss a random active ability from a target of your choice. [1-shot]
[Shattering Vigilante]
- Kill a player of your choice during night. If they die, then all their abilities get tossed. [2-shots]
[Take]
- Take an ability of your choice.
[Grant] - Allow a player to take an ability. [1 cycle cooldown]

Example write ups:
[???] has tossed an ability: [Cop] - Investigate a player of your choice during night and learn whether they are innocent or guilty.
[???] has taken an ability: [Doctor] - Protect a player of your choice during night against regular kills.

Other Terms:

Tosspool - The Tosspool describes the selection of takeable abilities that were shown on writeups. The Tosspool can also be part of other advanced ability systems.