Powers & Abilities Magna new power up. Plot armor or not?

To me it sounds like a huge plot armor, does the author even know what that power means? Magna can literally fight Demon King as equal if he connects this magic. For sure, Dante let him easily connect, not saying that Magna is even beating him but just to be at same power level is a bit ridiculous.

Key point is, Magna magic was never like that. He is pretty straight foward, just attack, more fire, more damage, faster. He never had that enchacement magic. This is Zora thing. Even that Zora has helped him to come up with this magic, does Zora can do anything like that? He should have something even beyond that since he was his teacher.

For me this is pretty ugly, I was sure Asta for now on would be the only who could handle the demons. But that much plot armor everyone receiving... They didn't handle one demon at weaker stage while teamfighting few chapters ago and now they are soloing them? Please...

To me it sounds like a huge plot armor, does the author even know what that power means? Magna can literally fight Demon King as equal if he connects this magic. For sure, Dante let him easily connect, not saying that Magna is even beating him but just to be at same power level is a bit ridiculous.
Plot Armor is when a character escapes a dire situation without a believable explanation. Magna's case does not apply to this. His new power is well explained and has a huge drawback of needing half a year worth of preparation. Magna probably can't do jack squat to any Qliphoth Demon considering even the lowest Naamah and Lilith were able to resist conceptual manipulation.

Key point is, Magna magic was never like that. He is pretty straight foward, just attack, more fire, more damage, faster. He never had that enchacement magic. This is Zora thing. Even that Zora has helped him to come up with this magic, does Zora can do anything like that? He should have something even beyond that since he was his teacher.
Character growth is a good thing. Yes Magna was pretty basic before learning this technique, but giving him some more complex abilities and not letting him fall behind, while keeping his defining feature (Low Mana) is a good thing for his character. Zora probably has a new technique too, we will just wait and see what it is.

For me this is pretty ugly, I was sure Asta for now on would be the only who could handle the demons. But that much plot armor everyone receiving... They didn't handle one demon at weaker stage while teamfighting few chapters ago and now they are soloing them? Please...
Asta is still the only one who can handle the Demons. Magna can only use this technique once, and it seems that its not even enough to defeat Dante.

Plot Armor is when a character escapes a dire situation without a believable explanation. Magna's case does not apply to this. His new power is well explained and has a huge drawback of needing half a year worth of preparation. Magna probably can't do jack squat to any Qliphoth Demon considering even the lowest Naamah and Lilith were able to resist conceptual manipulation.

Character growth is a good thing. Yes Magna was pretty basic before learning this technique, but giving him some more complex abilities and not letting him fall behind, while keeping his defining feature (Low Mana) is a good thing for his character. Zora probably has a new technique too, we will just wait and see what it is.

Asta is still the only one who can handle the Demons. Magna can only use this technique once, and it seems that its not even enough to defeat Dante.
I will come back to answer better but plot armor is not only at death situations but whenever something doesn't make sense.

I will come back to answer better but plot armor is not only at death situations but whenever something doesn't make sense.
What????
No it doesn’t
Plot armor IS about a character surviving death or unsurvivable situation without a reasonable explanation because that character can’t be removed from the story.

whenever something doesn’t make sense
That could be called a lot of things , outlier PIS CIS plot inconsistency etc...

What????
No it doesn’t
Plot armor IS about a character surviving death or unsurvivable situation without a reasonable explanation because that character can’t be removed from the story.

whenever something doesn’t make sense
That could be called a lot of things , outlier PIS CIS plot inconsistency etc...
No is not only death situations. People calling Luffy vs Doflamingo plot armor is essentially that, it wasn't a death situation (unless that bird cage that is killing even Kaido) it was only (in their eyes not my) asspulling from Luffy to beat Doflamingo. Which I strongly disagree since it was asspulling from Doflamingo to handle first G4 activation without knocking out(plus all his previous injuries).

For people who don't read/understand Tabata's writing, it's as obvious as plot armor power-up. Although even tho my initial reaction also was like that I must defend this one.

I can't write essays so I will keep it simple if you don't mind.

1. Dante even tho I loved his debut and I labeled him as one of the best villains to bless this manga he was quickly proven to be basically a Sekke on steroids. Do you know these jokes about Sekke getting a Devil and being strong and shit? Dante is basically how Tabata would portray fandom's jokes.

Dante is basically that one bastard blessed with incredible power but he can't actually manage to utilize it to its full potential.

The dude has regeneration magic amped by Devil's incredible amount of mana which only speeds up the process + Gravity magic which is the strongest magic in the whole series in my opinion.

2. Magna having a power like this is something I actually wanted him to have. We still need to know the limitations of that but it's actually cool. I would say that Hunter x Hunter fans will love this power-up for obvious reasons + this power-up is foreshadowed in the first arc of the series. Tabata is a madman.

Conclusion: I'd say it's a power up on the borders of being a plot armor but still not one.
What the hell do you mean by "people don't read/understand Tabata's writing"? To me this is pure bullshit fanboys says to feel superior to others that disagree with current plot.

Could you explain to me how was foreshadowed at first arc? I believe is something to do with Magna's and Asta first mission when Asta and Noelle joined Black Bulls. I kind of skipped that arc without knowing.