Powers & Abilities Marineford-style Haki Weirdness/Inconsistencies in the Onigashima Raid

There are many scenes in Marineford that don’t make sense due to Haki developments in the post time skip. Two quick examples from the top of my head:
- Why didn’t Jinbei using hardening when he attacked Akainu?
- Why didn’t Doffy lace his string with haki and kill crocodile?
- Why was the observation haki of Kizaru/Aokiji/Akainu/Whitebeard/Mihawk/Marco/etc so lacking?

Examples of this in the raid so far are:
- Why is the observation haki of Kaido and his men so lacking?
- Why didn’t King or Queen sense Sanji?
- Why didn’t King or Queen use haki on Marco?
- Why have literally none of the beast pirate’s executives and up shown any hardening whatsoever?

Haki felt consistent to me throughout the post time skip and through WCI, but now that we’re in Wano I feel like we’re started to approach (maybe exceed) Marineford levels of inconsistency. Thoughts as to why this might be the case? Is Oda just having difficulty move his characters around?

There are many scenes in Marineford that don’t make sense due to Haki developments in the post time skip. Two quick examples from the top of my head:
- Why didn’t Jinbei using hardening when he attacked Akainu?
- Why didn’t Doffy lace his string with haki and kill crocodile?
- Why was the observation haki of Kizaru/Aokiji/Akainu/Whitebeard/Mihawk/Marco/etc so lacking?

Examples of this in the raid so far are:
- Why is the observation haki of Kaido and his men so lacking?
- Why didn’t King or Queen sense Sanji?
- Why didn’t King or Queen use haki on Marco?
- Why have literally none of the beast pirate’s executives and up shown any hardening whatsoever?

Haki felt consistent to me throughout the post time skip and through WCI, but now that we’re in Wano I feel like we’re started to approach (maybe exceed) Marineford levels of inconsistency. Thoughts as to why this might be the case? Is Oda just having difficulty move his characters around?
I think Akainu had FS or some advanced CoO, Doffy didn't want to kill Croc, and again their CoO was very good. WB obviously was sick.

I think Akainu had FS or some advanced CoO, Doffy didn't want to kill Croc, and again their CoO was very good. WB obviously was sick.
There’s never actually been any indication in story whatsoever that WB’s sickness stopped him from using haki. And the Jinbei stuff I think is pretty inexcusable.

It's usually all choked up to Early series installment weirdness, just so happened to be a time skip time too.
and CoO being pretty OP as it can be, is oft ignored by Oda...

But if it’s early series stuff, why is it showing up in Onigashima?
The fast pacing, Not focusing on the actual combat and just named attacks etc.. are being used.
At least for the majority of characters, Those with more importance have shown it, Luffy vs Ulti and page One.
We can assume Yamato used something.

Rather oda's just inconsistent if it's the inv's Coa or Hardening CoA.... At least that's how I've always seen it.

TBH the blackening should always be shown regardless, and Marineford should get a reprint with it added etc...

Regarding the Best pirates I think it's because they are over reliant on their zoan df, using brute strength instead of haki.

They probably just have shitty CoO hence why they couldn't sense Sanji, there were too many people around for them to sense his aura among the others.

As for armament, like I said they relay more on strength due to them having ancient Zoan df, so they just need basic armament. They will show hardening in their 1v1.

Finally for Kaido I'm sure he has a good CoA, strong CoC but poor CoO. He just doesn't need good CoO.

Cuz Oda be Oda and didn't have everything figured out back then. And he will sometimes write something that's more for story convenience than what actually makes sense.

War is different to one v one battles. In Onigashima, 5000 are fighting against 30000 odd. Naturally you cannot (its extremely tough) predict what everyone is going to do.

In multiple battle scenarios, CoO inconsistencies can be explained ( many dynamic events happen at the same time).

Regarding Kaido having CoO, I don't know lol. He will be surely having atleast basic CoO but I don't know how good his CoO would be. He is already a tank and very few people in the world could hurt him. Maybe he neglected because of that. Think we will soon see Kaido at his full fighting best

Why didn’t Jinbei using hardening when he attacked Akainu?
Who is to say he didn't..?? Oda hadn't planned it all so he probably skipped the hardening part. (inconsistency- probably)
Why didn’t Doffy lace his string with haki and kill crocodile?
He was just teasing Crocodile to get his attention.
Why was the observation haki of Kizaru/Aokiji/Akainu/Whitebeard/Mihawk/Marco/etc so lacking?
They all showed CoO- How else did Akainu and Aokiji Survive all those attacks passing through their bodies.
There’s never actually been any indication in story whatsoever that WB’s sickness stopped him from using haki. And the Jinbei stuff I think is pretty inexcusable.
Their literally is a panel where WB fails to use CoC when Ace was about to be executed.

Why is the observation haki of Kaido and his men so lacking?
Kaido doesn't care if he gets hit or not. In the latest chapter he saw Red Rock coming but still choose to tank it. lol
Why didn’t King or Queen sense Sanji?
Sanji is a master of CoO, he probably knows how to exploit it too. Maybe RS helps.
Why didn’t King or Queen use haki on Marco?
It was not a serious battle, they were just clashing/ trying to prevent Marco from getting to the top. Comeback and ask this if the fight goes any further the way it has.
Why have literally none of the beast pirate’s executives and up shown any hardening whatsoever?
They've never got any chance to. None of them have met a serious match in this war. When it comes to 1 Vs 1 I'm sure they will.

yes he literally had a heart attack when he tried to use coc
Where does it say he was going to use CoC?
Post automatically merged:

It was not a serious battle, they were just clashing/ trying to prevent Marco from getting to the top. Comeback and ask this if the fight goes any further the way it has.
But in a realistically written situation, there would be no reason for Queen or King to not be serious. Which means that the scene doesn’t really make sense. Do you not see how this is indicative of bad/inconsistent writing?

But in a realistically written situation, there would be no reason for Queen or King to not be serious. Which means that the scene doesn’t really make sense. Do you not see how this is indicative of bad/inconsistent writing?
Oda isnt focusing on the full fight. They probably used Haki on Marco already.