Fanclub Marines FC

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
It's chapters like these that remind me how overlooked Sengoku is. The man is incredibly well composed and seasoned. He's not over being goofy, but knows when to take it seriously, and remains even tempered as best as possible in all situation. And he has the best pet in the entire series. The fact he grayed out his hair from all the stress from his position as Fleet Admiral is both funny and relatable. Makes him a comparatively human character in an otherwise zany series.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
@SmokedOut I love how you put my Name at The very Top:cheers:

And bruh I wish The Fake Spoilers about Im trash talking the Yonkos is real
Don't get too comfy. As soon SWORD topples the WG, you'll be back at the bottom lol.

Speaking of which, what do you think of Sakazaki's tattoo? Coincidence or no?

Last edited:

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
Speaking of which, what do you think of Sakazaki's tattoo? Coincidence or no?
Maybe:wonderland:

But so far everything points out that he doesn't know about SWORD

I think he might have his own secret Organisation or something

His character is getting interesting tho a bit confusing

Also Sengoku seems like a very wise man, I think there's a reason why he choose Aokiji as FA instead of Akainu

How do you Aokiji will handle this current situation if he was a Fleet Admiral?

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Maybe:wonderland:

But so far everything points out that he doesn't know about SWORD

I think he might have his own secret Organisation or something

His character is getting interesting tho a bit confusing

Also Sengoku seems like a very wise man, I think there's a reason why he choose Aokiji as FA instead of Akainu

How do you Aokiji will handle this current situation if he was a Fleet Admiral?
Perhaps the reason he didn't want Kuzan to go to Wano is because only he and a few others are aware of SWORD. He knows about Oden and his connection to the other Yonko, so he must receive his info from close to the source. It could explain why he didn't question the Intel the received about BM and Kaido

Then again, he tried to kill Koby at MF, so I doubt Koby would be willing to work directly with Akainu.

I also like how his character is developing as well. He's being portrayed in a better leadership light than before.

I think Aokiji would take the same approach and wait things out as well. They are busy dealing with the Shichibukai, so Wano has to wait

It's chapters like these that remind me how overlooked Sengoku is. The man is incredibly well composed and seasoned. He's not over being goofy, but knows when to take it seriously, and remains even tempered as best as possible in all situation. And he has the best pet in the entire series. The fact he grayed out his hair from all the stress from his position as Fleet Admiral is both funny and relatable. Makes him a comparatively human character in an otherwise zany series.
Indeed. Tying this to the current Fleet Admiral, we're seeing some intriguing developments going on with Sakazuki's character right now that I would expect more from Sengoku.

Before the time skip, everyone and their mother would describe Akainu as an extremist who would get his man no matter the cost. That for the greater good, even the lives of marines were forfeit because he killed that AWOL. Oda even has this beautiful spread where he contrasts Akainu extinguishing pirates to create law and order to the pure chaos of Blackbeard bringing down everything Marine HQ stands for.

But what would folks say now to the Sakazuki of the latest chapter? A man that has cooled down, put away his grudge, and is communicating with Fujitora again. Fujitora probably following orders to move to a new battlefield. A man that would rather keep the government-backed warlords than dispose of the system and have to hunt these pirates down. A man hesitant to expend resources to stop the first Yonko alliance because a Yonko territory is not under the World Government's jurisdiction.

It's possible that due to the nature of the job, the Fleet Admiral is expected to gravitate towards the Gorosei's position on all important matters. He was nominated to the position by them while Aokiji came from the marines via Sengoku. They could be doing each other a favor, if Sakazuki follows this order to the letter then in the future he will be rewarded with access to the SSG to hunt the targets he pleases. Maybe Akainu really is the leader of Sword and he is investigating a less militaristic approach to the alliance outside of the Gorosei's wishes.

Either way, you can't have the World Government as the final antagonist if the entire Navy defects from their rule. There must be some ideological alignment or compromises being made. When the cleansing takes place, I don't expect many influential Marines to start quitting left and right or the Strawhats won't have admirals to fight.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Lol, some of you have started convincing me Sakazuki might really be behind SWORD. It's true, he has insight on Oden. Sure he was on Roger and Whitebeard's ship, but it appeared as if he knew more. But another thing is his consistent hesitation to take action there. It doesn't come off as ignorance of the dealings, but rather preventing intrusion. Intrusion of what? An undercover job? If tons of Marines showed up in Wano, that could compromise with Drake's job. The only real hole is Coby being part of SWORD, however, Sakazuki has even started to cool off on Issho whom he had similar disagreements with.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Lol, some of you have started convincing me Sakazuki might really be behind SWORD. It's true, he has insight on Oden. Sure he was on Roger and Whitebeard's ship, but it appeared as if he knew more. But another thing is his consistent hesitation to take action there. It doesn't come off as ignorance of the dealings, but rather preventing intrusion. Intrusion of what? An undercover job? If tons of Marines showed up in Wano, that could compromise with Drake's job. The only real hole is Coby being part of SWORD, however, Sakazuki has even started to cool off on Issho whom he had similar disagreements with.
Oden and Wano appears to be the link to the One Piece. Roger, WB, Shanks, and even Ace must have realized that. As the FA, I'm sure he knows something about the Kozuki clan. You're right, he's showing deliberate hesitation about taking action, and I think he knows more than he's letting on. Drake could be his man on the ground there, and he doesn't want to compromise the mission. His tone has indeed changed with Fuji which means it could also have changed with Koby.
Post automatically merged:

How dare you not make a special place for me :lusalty:
We've saved a whole Fanclub just for you:cheers:

Last edited: