Questions & Mysteries Megumi Fushiguro's Future

With the death of Yorozu, and therefore Tsumiki as well, Megumi has lost the one thing that has kept him going all these chapters - his sister.

Sukuna has a firm hold on his body which should now become even firmer (as Sukuna himself said after the events of Bath, Part 1).

So, the question arises - what is Megumi's future in the story? Does he even have a future?

Things to keep in mind:
- he could influence Sukuna's CE output when Sukuna was targeting his friends
- the Bath ritual gave Sukuna more control over the body
- the killing of Tsumiki plunged Megumi into the depths of darkness
- Sukuna has completely tamed everything in the 10S arsenal, completing the technique for all intents and purposes (minus a fully realized Domain)

Will the darkness he fell into work as a PU (as @Seth likes to soeculate)?
Is all of this the end of Megumi for good (a result of the overall rushing of the story this year)?

Share your thoughts below
@Light D Lamperouge @RayanOO @Seth @Welkin @ZoroMazino @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Warchief Sanji D Goat etc etc

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
With the death of Yorozu, and therefore Tsumiki as well, Megumi has lost the one thing that has kept him going all these chapters - his sister.

Sukuna has a firm hold on his body which should now become even firmer (as Sukuna himself said after the events of Bath, Part 1).

So, the question arises - what is Megumi's future in the story? Does he even have a future?

Things to keep in mind:
- he could influence Sukuna's CE output when Sukuna was targeting his friends
- the Bath ritual gave Sukuna more control over the body
- the killing of Tsumiki plunged Megumi into the depths of darkness
- Sukuna has completely tamed everything in the 10S arsenal, completing the technique for all intents and purposes (minus a fully realized Domain)

Will the darkness he fell into work as a PU (as @Seth likes to soeculate)?
Is all of this the end of Megumi for good (a result of the overall rushing of the story this year)?

Share your thoughts below
@Light D Lamperouge @RayanOO @Seth @Welkin @ZoroMazino @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Warchief Sanji D Goat etc etc
I'll have to read the newest chapter tomorrow to actually see if there's more than what the spoilers mentioned before jumping in here.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Sorry for spoiling yo-
:lusalty:
Lmao. I actually plan on not reading the spoilers but gotta see the next batch tho. And where we are headed now that the fight is over. If it's something I find uninteresting I'll prolly skip the spoilers for some time.

Edit: but with the recent pacing and rushing things might change from chapter to chapter ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Lmao. I actually plan on not reading the spoilers but gotta see the next batch tho. And where we are headed now that the fight is over. If it's something I find uninteresting I'll prolly skip the spoilers for some time.

Edit: but with the recent pacing and rushing things might change from chapter to chapter ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
With the recent pacing you can either miss out on the equivalent of 5 chapters or 5 pages in one week's worth of spoilers

I don't think there's any way for Megumi to return at this point. Sukuna has met all the necessary requirements to completely take over like you listed and will only get stronger from here on out will the remaining 5 fingers left to keep him at bay. Gege wants to end the series soon iirc and unless he pulls some abrupt shenanigans to bring him back it's pretty much a wrap.

It is a bit wild; as you say the only thing left that we haven't seen is his DE fully realized. Sakuna has shown us everything else. I can't think of anything left for Megumi. It's probably why we haven't seen Nobara in forever, there's just nothing left for her at this point either. It feels like an odd direction but here we are.

I like to think somehow when Sukuna is finally on the chopping block Meg might have a hand in helping but then what was the point in submerging him in darkness, he really should be done now.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Yeah having read the chapter now, I can see what yall were talking about.

Seems Megumi hit the rock bottom.

So either this is the end of his story, and iirc Gege said he figured out Megumi's end or smth like that already, so I can see it. Especially since Sukuna already basically showed the potential of 10s. Domain would be nice tho.

Or this serves as a wake up call for him. And he awakens like Gojo did. Going rampant. Not sure which way Gege is gonna take it, but judging by the recent pacing and all, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the former and not the latter.