Speculations Mihawk didn’t intend to be a pirate nor the WSS

I think that Mihawk’s backstory started as being a child from the Nerona family and he along with another member of the family were both groomed to lead the God Knights as per Imu’s wish(they themselves are unaware though).

Mihawk was trained with the sword at a young age by Nasujuro and Garling, after which he decided to venture into the sea and pursue the path of the sword, and snuck out, he faced many opponents and was involved at some point with the marines in which he was betrayed and decided to kill the marines earning him the marine hunter title; that’s when he was officially branded a pirate and had a bounty issued. That’s around the time of Roger’s execution.

After the great pirate era he met Shanks and both became rivals until it was clear to the world that Mihawk was the stronger of the two and earned the WSS title. Also I think that Imu was the one who ordered that Mihawk is bestowed Yoru and was turned black only around 5-7 years ago by Mihawk but it’s an antique of the Nerona family that was never turned black.

In conclusion; I don’t think that Mihawk specifically intended to become a pirate but the circumstances around the marines put him in that position and his duels with Shanks and proficiency with the sword is what earned him the WSS title and I think he will be involved with the WG as Zoro’s final opponent in the series.

Last edited:
C

CensoredbyWG

Mihawk's layered eyes are his only chance of being plot relevant outside of the fight with zoro