Theory Mihawk, Shanks, and the God valley incident.

i believe that mihawk is from the royal family that ruled god valley. he survived the hunt because of the pirate attack, and decided to become the greatest swordsman in the world because he witnessed garling, a swordsman, killing his father. thats the reason why shanks, garlings son, is his rival.
if im not mistaken, he was 4 or 5 years old during the god valley incident.

i believe that mihawk is from the royal family that ruled god valley. he survived the hunt because of the pirate attack, and decided to become the greatest swordsman in the world because he witnessed garling, a swordsman, killing his father. thats the reason why shanks, garlings son, is his rival.
if im not mistaken, he was 4 or 5 years old during the god valley incident.
Hum...i like this,but Mihawk should be still be active and hunting for Garling if that was the case.We know the man is suffering from success and is bored to death.I think he is just a playboy that wanted to be the best.

Hum...i like this,but Mihawk should be still be active and hunting for Garling if that was the case.We know the man is suffering from success and is bored to death.I think he is just a playboy that wanted to be the best.
i think he was a marine hunter because he was looking for garling. and i believe he already defeated him, he just didnt bother to kill him.
perhaps not killing his opponents after defeating them, as he did with zoro, is something he has the habit of doing, as if he is hoping they will get stronger and try again.