Speculations Mihawk will probably defeat Fujitora at some point

I think Cross Guild will almost certainly take down some top tier marines and/or damage the world government in some way.

If this does not happen, then I think the inclusion of Cross Guild in the story is actually kinda pointless.

Fujitora makes the most sense out of all the top tiers on the world government’s side for a few reasons.

1) He’s a swordsman (not only does he have a sword — he is straight up referenced as one in basically all official descriptions)

2) His main purpose in the story (destroying the war lord system) is basically complete

3) I cannot see Fujitora fighting for the world government in a final war

4) It’s heavily implied that Fujitora suffered greatly at the hands of some former warlord. Personally, I think the only one that makes sense is Mihawk.

1-4) combined with the fact that Cross Guild will inevitably inflict some blow on the world government/Marines strongly points to a fight between Fujitora and Cross Guild with Cross Guild coming out victorious.

I also think this would create MASSIVE hype for Zoro vs Mihawk, a fight that narratively is actually set up to be one of the most important events in the story.

Unless the 2 are perfect equals… swordfights end by the 2nd or 3rd hit

And since Mihawk is obviously well above Fuji, its take under 10 minutes
I think swordfights can last quite a while. Pretty sure the reason Zoro v. Ryuma was so short was because they were quite similar as fighters according to Brook.

Would be kind of a bummer of Shanks vs. Mihawk wasn't a few days long.

I think Fuji can give Mihawk a high diff fight too.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I think swordfights can last quite a while. Pretty sure the reason Zoro v. Ryuma was so short was because they were quite similar as fighters according to Brook.

Would be kind of a bummer of Shanks vs. Mihawk wasn't a few days long.
Meh. Loses its appeal. Two dudes who are regular humans packing one hit kills, shouldn't last days. But it's Oda he likes to throw out multi day fights for portrayal purposes.

Meh. Loses its appeal. Two dudes who are regular humans packing one hit kills, shouldn't last days. But it's Oda he likes to throw out multi day fights for portrayal purposes.
Yeah I'm mostly talking about how he's portrayed other big fights (Roger vs. WB, Kuzan vs. Sakazuki, Kaido vs. Linlin, etc).

I agree it would be much more entertaining to see a high-paced and quick fight