Speculations Mihawk will probably defeat Fujitora at some point

I think Cross Guild will almost certainly take down some top tier marines and/or damage the world government in some way.

If this does not happen, then I think the inclusion of Cross Guild in the story is actually kinda pointless.

Fujitora makes the most sense out of all the top tiers on the world government’s side for a few reasons.

1) He’s a swordsman (not only does he have a sword — he is straight up referenced as one in basically all official descriptions)

2) His main purpose in the story (destroying the war lord system) is basically complete

3) I cannot see Fujitora fighting for the world government in a final war

4) It’s heavily implied that Fujitora suffered greatly at the hands of some former warlord. Personally, I think the only one that makes sense is Mihawk.

1-4) combined with the fact that Cross Guild will inevitably inflict some blow on the world government/Marines strongly points to a fight between Fujitora and Cross Guild with Cross Guild coming out victorious.

I also think this would create MASSIVE hype for Zoro vs Mihawk, a fight that narratively is actually set up to be one of the most important events in the story.
This is the first decent post that I see you make. :myman:
When I said something similar I was told that the Admirals are important, too relevant so I asked if CG is going to kill most of the Marines without the Admirals doing anything about it, never got an answer. Either CG kills everyone or a couple of VA and Captains are going to take them down! :kobeha:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Fuck it would be sooo hype for Shiryu if he managed to either defeat or seriously wound Fujitora. He needs some build-up. Most of the fandom doesn't take him that seriously.
Oda has no reason not to if he plans on a BB pirates vs SH pirates full on war. I get there is a massive gulf between someone like King and an Admiral, and so you can easily fit characters of varying levels in between, but....we're talking near end game stakes. Shiryu has no reason not to be a solid top tier from a narrative perspective, he should be much stronger than Zoro, if BB is supposed to be much stronger than Luffy.

Shiryu's strength also works to establish BB far and above anyone from this era at the least. What good is it that BB surpasses Primebeard, only for his right hand man to be a mid diff for Prime Rayleigh at best. I don't get it, and yet Oda has given me very little reason to believe Shiryu will be that strong.

I respect Shiryu, he's one potential Zoro opponent who has hype on his own, and has been built up for years unlike anyone other than Mihawk as far as Zoro opponents are concerned, he's no usual lackey. But Admiral level is a whooole nother realm, I know people online tend to throw terms and take the piss out of each other so we forget, but we're talking top of the verse type of strength, on the level of Zoro's original endgame goal. This is why I was fine with Shiryu taking out Mihawk after he became Zoro's teacher, as long as it was executed properly.

But again his reintroduction did not give any top tier impression (not fake top tiers like the SN bar Luffy, I'm taking established top tiers). Oda's got a weird obsession with stacking the cards in the SHs favour recently, as if the tension in One Piece wasn't lacking enough with constant fakeout deaths, the BB pirates are looking average. It's worrisome.

This would make a lot more sense. BB pirates need to separate themselves from any other crew, and by a large amount if we're to take them seriously, no better way to do that then make BB's right hand a legit a Yonkou/Admiral level character. The strawhats are already far too top heavy for a traditional Yonkou crew to even be perceived threatening. If BB is gonna be this game changer, his right hand should naturally be where other Captains are.

Unfortunately I think things haven't looked promising enough for this to happen, I'm not a big believer of the invisible fruit, it looks extremely cool and it definitely suits Shiryu, but for someone who wasn't close to Admiral level pre skip Oda should have given him a much grander reintroduction and a much stronger df. Shiryu is not shaping up to be an Admiral level threat, he's being lumped in with the rest and the invisible fruit isn't convincing enough. Should have ripped the phoenix fruit right off Marco, then we would be talking.
Haha this is a good character development. I remember you used to accuse me trolling when I say Shiryu kills Fujitora.

I kinda think, the one eating gravity DF is not Fujitora, but his blade. So if Shiryu breaks Fuji's blade, the blade might died, and the fruit will transfer to Shiryu's blade.
And Marco's DF is not good for Shiryu bro, it is DF for punching bag. Rather than Marco DF, Shiryu can eat a DF that boosts his strength, like simple lion DF or something. But we know it won't happen anyway.

P.s.
Shiryu wasn't far to Admiral level pre timeskip but let's not talk about it today.

Nah completely disagreed, Stampede was lit. Common sense should tell you there's under 2 hours of run time not every single character is gonna have much more than a cameo, the minor scenes we got were atleast top tier. And the battle for a movie battle was more than you could ask for, everyone played a part, Luffy didn't hog the entire battle.

Stampede had lots of fight scenes, and lots of canon characters in those fights, that's all I want from a One Piece filer movie, cut the bs and let's see elite animation. Don't waste our time with a half assed filler cookie cutter sob story.
Meh, Stampede felt like a clickbait. In the end, all those popular characters did nothing. Might as well not make them appear in movie, so the Straw Hats like Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook got more focus.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Haha this is a good character development. I remember you used to accuse me trolling when I say Shiryu kills Fujitora.

I kinda think, the one eating gravity DF is not Fujitora, but his blade. So if Shiryu breaks Fuji's blade, the blade might died, and the fruit will transfer to Shiryu's blade.
And Marco's DF is not good for Shiryu bro, it is DF for punching bag. Rather than Marco DF, Shiryu can eat a DF that boosts his strength, like simple lion DF or something. But we know it won't happen anyway.

P.s.
Shiryu wasn't far to Admiral level pre timeskip but let's not talk about it today.
I still believe you're trolling with that colorspread agenda, that didn't change.

What I think Oda should do, what I believe Oda will do, and what I believe Oda has shown are 3 completely separate matters. For the latter, Oda has done nothing to show Shilliew is capable of taking down an Admiral. That still remains the case.

I originally thought Shiryu would be an Admiral level threat by the time Zoro gets to him (Magellan's equal (who I have had around Marco lvl for years) with physicals and haki alone + will gain top tier df and will master it post skip) but I'm being proven wrong by Oda everytime he appears on screen. That's how I see it, maybe this changes but doesn't look promising at all.

The opposite is actually more likely since it would form a solid basis for conflict between Zoro and Fuji.

Oda shies away from actually letting such characters fight, which is why only fodder were tossed at Mihawk’s island.
If such a meeting were to actually occur then Mihawk would be in trouble because the only benefit to the story would be his defeat.

I always like to think that styles make fights. Fighters could be on the same level but their styles could mean someone wins mid diff because they simply have a style that the opponent finds hard to fight.

- Swordsmanship should go to Mihawk.
- DF goes to Fujitora.
- CoO is a toss up. I could imagine a Itachi vs Sasuke fight where this is where the fight is settled.
- CoA goes to Mihawk who has forged a black blade.
- CoC goes to Mihawk who is bound to have stronger CoC than Zoro and rival Shanks.
- Speed and movement goes to Mihawk.
- Durability is unknown but both seem to be normal humans without haxx.
- Endurance is unknown.

Both are deadly with the sword. A few clean top end strikes will put the opponent down as neither of them are Kaido or Whitebeard in durability. I think Mihawks CoA and CoC overpowers Fujitora but he can probably make up for that lack of force through his gravity fruit equalling it out.

So essentially, whose CoO is the strongest allowing them to get the vital hit in?

It will only happen if strictly necessary. Mihawk wants to fight someone really strong and that's why he's waiting for someone stronger than Shanks. In the meantime, he wants peace and will avoid any fights as much as possible.

It would be nice Fujitora to attack the Cross Guild base, cause trouble for many fodder so Crocodile politely asks Mihawk to sort things out. Mihawk immobilizes Fujitora like Shanks did to Ryokugyu and then finishes it off with a single blow.

So many characters over the years were supposed to kill Fujitora and nothing ever did or will happen to him.

Mihawk isn't interested in any fighters above Don Krieg in PL.

If he's petty because Fujitora cucked him by having him get replaced by toys he can get his fraud title stripped off of him too, no issues there.

It will only happen if strictly necessary. Mihawk wants to fight someone really strong and that's why he's waiting for someone stronger than Shanks. In the meantime, he wants peace and will avoid any fights as much as possible.

It would be nice Fujitora to attack the Cross Guild base, cause trouble for many fodder so Crocodile politely asks Mihawk to sort things out. Mihawk immobilizes Fujitora like Shanks did to Ryokugyu and then finishes it off with a single blow.
I'm all about it, but would Oda have the balls to kill a "good" admiral ? If Fujitora dies, there won't be any other admiral level marine to remain for the after-endgame when everyone makes love. You know what I mean ? I mean, outside of future Smoker and Koby.

I'm all about it, but would Oda have the balls to kill a "good" admiral ? If Fujitora dies, there won't be any other admiral level marine to remain for the after-endgame when everyone makes love. You know what I mean ? I mean, outside of future Smoker and Koby.
I’m pretty sure that’s what the EOS Rev army is for.

I’m pretty sure that’s what the EOS Rev army is for.
Indeed, but Oda made it clear that the Marines aren't all evil. The story has never been about the good pirates vs the evil marines.

Rev army will make sure to take down the Tenryubito, but the Marines will remain imo. They'll be different though.

Indeed, but Oda made it clear that the Marines aren't all evil. The story has never been about the good pirates vs the evil marines.

Rev army will make sure to take down the Tenryubito, but the Marines will remain imo. They'll be different though.
The marines will probably be absorbed by the revolutionary army or vice versa. Where EOS Fleet Admiral will be like Dragon or Sabo.