Character Discussion Momonosuke is a great character and I tell you why !

I don't understand the hate around Momonosuke...
Why do people blame Momonosuke for being a crybaby/weakling?

Seriously, why?
He's just an 8 year old kid (well, not anymore and I really regret that Oda chose the option to age Momo).

Momonosuke is a kid who overnight has lost almost everything.
His parents are killed, he is separated from his little sister, his kingdom is stolen, his castle is burned, tens of thousands of men try to kill him just because he exists...
Why shouldn't he cry?
Because it pisses you off?

Momo is an exceptional character. Of course he has his faults, but he is very brave for his young age.
He has managed to carry the burden of being the hope of this country. He managed to face death with dignity, facing Kaidou without betraying his name. He encouraged the prisoners in Udon by giving them a reason to fight (one of the most moving speeches of the series). "Thank you for waiting for me, for these 20 long years" 😭

He sacrificed his childhood, his adolescence, his youth (he's almost 30 now. Besides I don't understand why Shinobu didn't age Momonosuke by 10 years instead of 20 knowing that at 18 his body would have been adult... Oda regresses in his writing unfortunately πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ™„) all to save his country.
Momo's aging move I thought was pretty bad personally.

I would have preferred Oda to help Momo understand that it's okay to be a kid and that he has adults who will protect him until he becomes an adult and can protect them. Well, he chose the easy way and Momo becomes directly an adult, without the whole process around the fact that you don't become an adult like that and that it doesn't bring anything good to Momo to lose his life expectancy....

In the end Momo is an exceptional character and people should kiss his ass instead of spitting on him.

Thanks for reading.

Tbf while Wano had many faults I wouldn’t really say Momo was one of them.

Might even argue that Oda could have cut a huge chunk of characters, focused on Momo and Kin as Wano representatives, and the arc would have been stronger for it.
It could indeed have stopped at Kinemon and Momo. But Raizou remains a nice character and the same for Denjirou. He could have stopped there and kept the traitor Kanjurou. I like Kawamatsu a lot so... Only Kiku, Izo and Ashura don't bother me

No need to delete them all.

On the other hand the writing around Momo who becomes an adult is still bad
Why Shinobu aged Momo by 20 years instead of 10 for example?
It's stupid, don't you think?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
β€Ž
It could indeed have stopped at Kinemon and Momo. But Raizou remains a nice character and the same for Denjirou. He could have stopped there and kept the traitor Kanjurou. I like Kawamatsu a lot so... Only Kiku, Izo and Ashura don't bother me

No need to delete them all.

On the other hand the writing around Momo who becomes an adult is still bad
Why Shinobu aged Momo by 20 years instead of 10 for example?
It's stupid, don't you think?
Eh, ten years would make him 18 which is still a growing boy, at 18 he’s a man at the full height of his strength

Plus it’s a restoration in a way of the lost twenty years of when he travelled through time

Momo is the worst

This @Marco Pollo

My argument is; Oda is an experienced Mangaka. He is like a jewelry shop. There should be gems in every arc. Why are we acting like we are trying to find a diamond in dirt?

I got your point. But did you notice he was training to use sword, possibly to cut Orochi.
But, Oda decided to let Denjiro do it. Why?
Momo is far from perfect and he is not the highlight of this arc.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
β€Ž

Seriously, why?
He's just an 8 year old kid (well, not anymore and I really regret that Oda chose the option to age Momo).

His parents are killed, he is separated from his little sister, his kingdom is stolen, his castle is burned, tens of thousands of men try to kill him just because he exists...
Why shouldn't he cry?

Momo is an exceptional character. Of course he has his faults, but he is very brave for his young age.
He has managed to carry the burden of being the hope of this country. He managed to face death with dignity, facing Kaidou without betraying his name. He encouraged the prisoners in Udon by giving them a reason to fight (one of the most moving speeches of the series). "Thank you for waiting for me, for these 20 long years" 😭

He sacrificed his childhood, his adolescence, his youth (he's almost 30 now. Besides I don't understand why Shinobu didn't age Momonosuke by 10 years instead of 20 knowing that at 18 his body would have been adult... Oda regresses in his writing unfortunately πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ™„) all to save his country.

I would have preferred Oda to help Momo understand that it's okay to be a kid and that he has adults who will protect him until he becomes an adult and can protect them. Well, he chose the easy way and Momo becomes directly an adult, without the whole process around the fact that you don't become an adult like that and that it doesn't bring anything good to Momo to lose his life expectancy....

In the end Momo is an exceptional character and people should kiss his ass instead of spitting on him.

Thanks for reading.
They mad because he get to touch boobs

I’m mostly indifferent to Momo. I don’t think he’s great, but I don’t think he’s terrible either.

I believe things would have been better if he and just a couple of Scabbards got proper focus as the heart of the arc, but the way things were handled just makes me glad it’s all over.

Momehnosucks is a living turd and who sugarcoat it is a crackhead.
Momehnosucks is a powerless dipshit who is son of a Gary Stu man. His "character" is about live up to his father's legacy of protect their dumpster of a country,when this legacy should have ended after his death,and everyone in that country deserve to die a slow and painful death.
In the whole time he is on screen,he is whining about his inability to do anything,and his lackeys make it even worse by blabbering that this is not true.
The last thing that Momehnosucks did in Shitty Country Arc was cry by know that Condom-Boy's gang will no longer be there to back him up. This made Yamatrash accept her purpose in life by deciding to live forever being more one of his shoelickers.
Someone should take the stand of shove Momehnosucks's head in a porcelain throne full of excrement without flushing,flush with his head in there,and kill him by whipping him nonstop afterwards.
@Onepiecedying @Pooth @lee33 @ZenZu @Nidai_Kitetsu @centurion @kom5 @Jaguark101 @Gol D. Roger @Garp the Fist @Mr. Reloaded @mly90 @Daikenki @PurpleSwordsman @Steven @kumae @Boiroy @Malio @pg13 @MonsterKaido @Owl Ki @Natalija @SakazOuki @Roronoa-sama @roronoa_fan @EmperorKinyagi

Seriously, why?

Why shouldn't he cry?

Thanks for reading.
I have to disagree on your take about Momo aging himself up. I think Momo sacrificing his childhood like that was a good demonstration of how much he cares for his country and how far he's going to go to protect it. Plus, they make it clear that Momo's still a kid on the inside, regardless of how he looks on the surface

I have to disagree on your take about Momo aging himself up. I think Momo sacrificing his childhood like that was a good demonstration of how much he cares for his country and how far he's going to go to protect it. Plus, they make it clear that Momo's still a kid on the inside, regardless of how he looks on the surface
Lunarian Uta?:believe: