• Luffy vs Enel

• Luffy vs Lucci

• Luffy vs Moria

• Luffy vs Doflamingo

• Luffy vs Cracker

• Luffy vs Katakuri

• All

Results are only viewable after voting.
All is well and good that Luffy got symbolic representation of being 'fifth emperor' but just you people hope that he will not be treated like fodder in upcoming chapters. It became some kind of repetition for Oda since wano started. No more underdog. Luffy was not an underdog against Lucci throughout the fight and yet it is the best fight of one piece and one of the best fights of shonen fiction. So, from this point onwards hope Oda gives similar treatment but I don't except much.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy did defeat Jack albiet indirectly.

All is well and good that Luffy got symbolic representation of being 'fifth emperor' but just you people hope that he will not be treated like fodder in upcoming chapters. It became some kind of repetition for Oda since wano started. No more underdog. Luffy was not an underdog against Lucci throughout the fight and yet it is the best fight of one piece and one of the best fights of shonen fiction. So, from this point onwards hope Oda gives similar treatment but I don't except much.

Luffy did defeat Jack albiet indirectly.
I agree with this, Oda tends to still give Luffy underdog portrayal. Luffy vs Dofla, Luffy vs Cracker, Luffy vs Kata imo shouldnt be underdog fight but Oda made those into that.

I'm among the ones who prefer the scenario of how Luffy should save his energy from the start of the arc - kept training his haki alone when the others fight - in order to have proper fight vs Kaidou. When finally fight, even when he cant do much against WSC, his mind still works how to strengthen his haki etc, so that at the decisive moment he figured AdvCoC out and finally Luffy vs Kaidou goes and becomes Luffy vs Lucci v2 - the fight between equals spanning the majority of the fight, much overshadowing the underdog fight - and the best fight in the manga.

N

Noctis

I agree with this, Oda tends to still give Luffy underdog portrayal. Luffy vs Dofla, Luffy vs Cracker, Luffy vs Kata imo shouldnt be underdog fight but Oda made those into that.
Honestly, this is the main reason I think Oda doesn't much care about power levels. He does but not to extend that he will be consistent about it.

Characters become strong as the story demands them to be and this is what happening in wano right now

The amount of threads popped up for last two days and the amount of salt generated from it is unmatchable......if I collect all the salt and sell it, I may become a millionaire or even billionaire given there are few more days for next chapter....some salty gen kids are back tracking their own words regarding "sky splitting" feat.....guess shooting their own leg damaged their brain too, if you know what I mean......:suresure:

And more so people are using alts to make themselves justified....

The amount of threads popped up for last two days and the amount of salt generated from it is unmatchable......if I collect all the salt and sell it, I may become a millionaire or even billionaire given there are few more days for next chapter....some salty gen kids are back tracking their own words regarding "sky splitting" feat.....guess shooting their own leg damaged their brain too, if you know what I mean......:suresure:

And more so people are using alts to make themselves justified....
Are them really alt account tho? I mean are people actually that spirited to make alt account just for downplaying? Maybe there are just more members that support that stuff?

Are them really alt account tho? I mean are people actually that spirited to make alt account just for downplaying? Maybe there are just more members that support that stuff?
Not everyone....only few....you can simply judge by their username and their surprising familiarity with the forum.....I mean how much does it take for you to post as if you are familiar with the forum you have just joined?

More or less my thoughs....but put it in a nice way....wanted

Last edited:
After this chapter Luffy became a Yonko in my eyes.

We already hold Zoro/Sanji/Jinbei to a high regard as commanders.
With the inclusion of Yamato, that's another Conqueror + Yonko child + force to his crew.

On top of that the rest of the strawhats serve as Tobi Roppo like Officers.
And then Luffy has Grand Fleet Members who have been gaining Notoriety and strength whilst Luffy + Strawhats are getting stronger.

Safe to say that the Strawhat Empire (Strawhat Top Commanders + Officers + Grand Fleet Captains + Grand Fleet Army + Territories (Wano/Fishman Island) + Ancient Weapons (Shirahoshi + Momo?) are a threat greater than any Yonko Crew as well as the Revolutionary Army.

No Cap.

After this chapter Luffy became a Yonko in my eyes.

We already hold Zoro/Sanji/Jinbei to a high regard as commanders.
With the inclusion of Yamato, that's another Conqueror + Yonko child + force to his crew.

On top of that the rest of the strawhats serve as Tobi Roppo like Officers.
And then Luffy has Grand Fleet Members who have been gaining Notoriety and strength whilst Luffy + Strawhats are getting stronger.

Safe to say that the Strawhat Empire (Strawhat Top Commanders + Officers + Grand Fleet Captains + Grand Fleet Army + Territories (Wano/Fishman Island) + Ancient Weapons (Shirahoshi + Momo?) are a threat greater than any Yonko Crew as well as the Revolutionary Army.

No Cap.
It is too early. Haven't you had the taste of chapter 1000 and 1010.