• Luffy vs Enel

• Luffy vs Lucci

• Luffy vs Moria

• Luffy vs Doflamingo

• Luffy vs Cracker

• Luffy vs Katakuri

• All

Results are only viewable after voting.
G5 reigns supreme. But I miss other gears. Hope Oda won't forget them.
That's my issue so far with Luffy vs Lucci/Luffy vs Kizaru.

Yes, G5 is his best gear but I also miss his other gears a lot. Or his newly attained Haki skills.
Show some FS feats, ACoA or even ACoC. Then switch to G2, G3, ideally G2 and G3 stacking. Then work your way with Bound Man and Snake Man.

There's been less versatility and creativity which doesn't resolve around G5 in this arc which I find disappointing.

For what exact reason did Luffy learn these techniques in Wano if he won't use them?
I know he doesn't really need to go all out against Lucci but I think Kizaru is enough of a formidable opponent who can push Luffy to use his advanced Haki skills.

At the end, this isn't meant to be a rant post considering this is the Luffy fanclub. So I'll just keep it at that.

Yes, G5 is his best gear but I also miss his other gears a lot. Or his newly attained Haki skills.
Show some FS feats, ACoA or even ACoC. Then switch to G2, G3, ideally G2 and G3 stacking. Then work your way with Bound Man and Snake Man.

There's been less versatility and creativity which doesn't resolve around G5 in this arc which I find disappointing.

For what exact reason did Luffy learn these techniques in Wano if he won't use them?
I know he doesn't really need to go all out against Lucci but I think Kizaru is enough of a formidable opponent who can push Luffy to use his advanced Haki skills.

At the end, this isn't meant to be a rant post considering this is the Luffy fanclub. So I'll just keep it at that.
i don't think he'll use the other gears again

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Already confirmed the best MC in fiction so a little award like this doesn’t move me 😮‍💨

And I hear you on the eyes popping effect, it’s really more of an acquired taste/annoying quirk because Oda likes to troll the “Why isn’t this more serious like Berserk” readers.
GODFY TOP ONE WOOOOOOOO
GODFY NEGS YOUR FAVE
It’s pizza-diffs your fave from now on lol

That’s a fair post, I think it’s just that Luffy LOVES the feeling of absolute freedom in G5. But I guess for lesser opponents he might use lower gears to avoid the G5 drawback.

your rant is not wrong...Oda is more on DF in this arc than haki...haki barely got importance in this arc....atleast against gorosei it should gain some importance as they are highly regenerative

Already confirmed the best MC in fiction so a little award like this doesn’t move me 😮‍💨

And I hear you on the eyes popping effect, it’s really more of an acquired taste/annoying quirk because Oda likes to troll the “Why isn’t this more serious like Berserk” readers.

It’s pizza-diffs your fave from now on lol

That’s a fair post, I think it’s just that Luffy LOVES the feeling of absolute freedom in G5. But I guess for lesser opponents he might use lower gears to avoid the G5 drawback.
I think Luffy is just realizing his true power. He isn't a rubber man. His imagination was limited at the very instant he ate the fruit. All the gears have been invention of his limited rubber powers. Gear 5 as he calls it is the awakening of the Nika fruit. He didn't invent it, the fruit awakened.

Now Luffy' df power unlimited but subconsciously he is still limited and that will be erased by Vegapank or some different character. Luffy feels free because his imagination has widened. He is a troll, he has a lot of gag, his own crewmates ridicule him for his gag intelligence and that is why he fights like this.
Gear 5 isn't a gear, its the real nature of the fruit. Once his rubber limits are done, holy hell. I can still imagine Bonny turning Luffy into a 40 year old version of himself, and I believe that will help him stall the gorosei until there is a way his crew mates safely leave the place. Just imagine a prime Godfy, looking like a mix of Garp and dragon, releasing CoC that can knock VAs and even making admirals shake. I am sensing a huge " I am him" moment from him.
The ancient giant wakes up, but 5 gorosei that take no damage is still a big threat. He might be a way to get to Elbaph or he sacrifices himself to stalling but I feel Luffy has to do something that will make this broadcast of VP successful. The incident involving Gorosei stopping the broadcast isn't world breaking. This info has to continue so the Gorosei have to be stalled until it is out. So there will be a battle, bonney's df hasn't been used on Luffy. That is a power that can be used in need. Shinobu did it to Momo so Bonney distorted future into Prime luffy would break the internet again.:finally:

this reminds me of how FS was extremely important against Katakuri only to be discarded by Oda and even in Kaido fight it was important only at 2 instances...I think I have mentioned before this arc that AdCoC will be forgotten in egghead like FS was in Wano....and that's exactly happened...I can understand the reason G5 was frequently used in this arc is to emphasize its importance and symbolic representation of nika vs world govt and also to get more of devil fruits lore but somehow it is leaving me unfulfilled state...I hope Oda put some emphasis on haki too along with DF to leave us in full satisfaction

I’m happy to know that Luffy won best anime character! Luffy just knows who he is! Recently I am really enjoying his fights in Gear 5 because Luffy and Oda’s imagination has no limits!