My Hero Academia Chapter 291 - Thank you for being alright

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Bakugo and Best Jeanist reunion! Hero name reveal for Bakugo incoming. Fingers crossed that it isn’t “Kacchan” lol.

There is definitely a lot more to the Endeavor and Touya flashback that I want to know about. How did this fire that supposedly killed Touya start? To me, It is implied in this chapter that Endeavor lost it and started abusing his family after Touya “died“ because he says something like, “I would have given up my resent and anger if you were still here.” So why was Dabi saying last chapter that Endeavor abused him?

Also I kind of find it dumb how Dabi is trying to sway the civilians trust in hero’s while simultaneously destroying their town and killing them. I don’t think the civilians give a shit that Endeavor is an abuser and that Hawks killed a villain right now, they just don’t want to die lol. So even after this whole broadcast/speech Dabi gave the civilians will still root for Endeavor and the heroes who are trying to save them from being killed. A better time for Dabi to reveal all of this stuff would have been after Endeavor was named no. 1 hero and he beat High End imo.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
So Endeavor believed that Touya had a prime All Might level quirk. Not weakened All Might, but Prime All Might. Holy shit. Give him a little training to somehow mitigate that damage and Touya would be a real bastard.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Great chapter
Shigaraki will give Dabi an ice quirk (maybe Geten's?) With that he can use his fire to the maximum, he'll be a superior version of Shoto
It is hard to bear multiple quirks, you can soon become crazy or Nomu like. A normal human cannot bear lots of quirks.
I don't think Dabi will have Geten's one or this will make him even crazier than before.

With a fire > to Endy, Dabi is already a great threat if he trains hard.

But who was the body that Hawks delivered to the LOV then?
Likely a fake, maybe a great copy with some quirk, or a quirk that can double things.

So Endeavor believed that Touya had a prime All Might level quirk. Not weakened All Might, but Prime All Might. Holy shit. Give him a little training to somehow mitigate that damage and Touya would be a real bastard.
but hotter flames also means the damages on the body will be higher and quicker.

But yes it seems Endy thought Dabi can if not equal to AM be close
Best Jeanist about to be #1 Pro heroes :myman:
Haha maybe, but 2/3 of the top 10 heroes are either crippled, dead, or in bad shapes, and with only Jeanist I don't think the Top 10 matters anymore.

Last edited:
D

Dragomir

This a great chapter that sets up a lot of things for the future! What Dabi did here could be the catalyst for how civilians distrust heroes, forcing them to runaway, thus allowing villains to run rampant and control the cities. I think that is something that was already theorized by the fan base but to think that Dabi would be the one to cause it I don't think was on anyone's mind. I always looked at him as a character who would cause a lot of trouble for the heroes but to this extent...whew.

Now with Best Jeanist's return, it might foil that idea a little since if the public see him alive then they have no incentive to believe Dabi anymore. I'm eager to see how this plays out.

Also, Dabi with white hair >> Dabi with black hair.
Post automatically merged:

Also, my boy Dabi getting hyped up to be as strong as prime All Might. Imagine that, Shigaraki and Dabi reaching their full strength controlling Japan and the heroes have to fight them to liberate the country. Yeesh.

Huge red flag on Endy Im afraid.
Jeanist entrance was awesome. He could be the no.1 hero. I dont think Hawks will continue to be a hero after this.
I read a theory online about Hawks how his father was a villain and Endy saved him from him. It seems it became true.

Guess who finally caught up after my 100 chapter break:myman:

Well what can I say, My boi Dabi is shining and im here for it. His backstory is amazing and great.

Here are my notes:

- It seems like Endevour was a somewhat alright father before Shoto was born. Then after he was born....he became obssesed with him, neglected the others and kept Shoto away from them.

- Touya believing he will be Endevour's successor, would have been insanely jealous of Shoto. Probably used to do things to get Enji's attention again, but each time he was probably hurt and rejected.

- Him getting burnt and disfigured in Endevour's training fire was probably the last straw for him. I still wonder how he got first aid and who saved him. Perhaps Stain....maybe...

- As for the hair turning white, it probably has something to do with his fire turning blue as well. As we still have no idea why he has Azula fire, when Enji's is red.

- Anyways, as sad as it is people will probably believe him less now since Best Jeanist is alive. They will also probably say that the footage of Hawks and Twice is edited and its CGI. I think the whole point is for Endevour and Shoto, and the rest of the family to find out. Instead of the rest of the world.

- Endevour will probably quit as a hero as well and probably be suicidal. This tho will be a good time for his bond with Shoto to increase after Shoto sees him at his most vulnerable state. And gives him support.

Finally I see no decisive fights happening now since Best Jeanist is here. Dabi will probably retreat, or Machia will retreat and force Dabi to come after orders from Shiggy.

I see Dabi being Shoto's future fight. Dabi fighting his little brother who took away his father's love and expectations.