• 3/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
So recently I've been talking with my guy @Seth on discord and he asked me to share his theory here and see what you guys think. He recently started Sakamoto Days and caught up quite quickly.

Without further ado, I am just copypasting it lol.

So basically. There are hints ( might be feints by the author ) across the manga that Nagumo is a questionable/fishy person

He originates from a spy family and attended a spy department before JCC's Assassin department

Gag panel or not, Rion's first instinct upon seeing Nagumo is to jump him with Sakamoto

He plays all cards ( excluding Slur's group ). He promises to work well for the branch of JAA, by that he promises to take care of Yotsumura and threatens Shishiba even tho knowing he himself saved Yotsumura for his own sake. + He saved Kindaka basically in hopes he will recover

His intel is on another level and he even said that he still can access a lot of intel "formerly" being a spy

He appears to be too caring about Sakamoto's family even tho he knows what type of potential Sakamoto can tap into when he's in danger

I think that there is a spy group formed by some sort of government freak or another person who wants to take over JAA under his rulership and Nagumo is an industry plant so to say

Nagumo wouldn't only be a spy after his family but he would be a talented one so they bet on him and chose him for said mission to infiltrate JAA from the bottom up to the top

So with that in mind, this plays its own role in the story but Nagumo becomes fascinated with the Assassin stuff and wants to become the best assassin to be known. Kind of his own ego developed while working the spy thing for his crew

He then meets Sakamoto and Rion and finally meets his "equals" so he sticks with them befriending them because of his twisted personality and he wants to see them at their peak and be able to take em out while they are on it

So in a way, Nagumo would be a crazy dude in this scenario ( which is justifiable since he is portrayed to be fishy and is literally an assassin ). We know from his conversation with Yotsumura that every assassin has his own ID number that gives him access to a site where he can put a bounty or whatever and we also realize that it's not hard to access someone's number, you just basically have to memorize it/steal it. ( Yotsumura warns him to never Lose his one or it will be a problem ).​

Taking all that into consideration I think that Nagumo put up a bounty on Sakamoto's head because he couldn't stand the fact that Sakamoto reached the pinnacle of Assassin's world, became feared amongst everyone, and basically left to live a boring random ass life with his wife.​

Nagumo chose to put a bounty on his head to lure Sakamoto out of early retirement and with all the things that keep happening in the story he wants Sakamoto to get back into his senses and become a cold-blooded killer again so they can duke it out for Nagumo's twisted pleasure because that would be the only way possible for him to become the undisputed number one.

As for the recent developments. I also think that Nagumo killed Rion. He got to find Slur's location first before telling Sakamoto to go. I think that Rion grew to understand Slur while chasing him back then, she decided to watch his moves and gradually became a fan of his perspective ( a bit cheap but we need something to justify it right ). Nagumo would get to Slur and Rion's location and he would go on a rampage realizing that Rion betrayed him and Sakamoto. He kills Rion and puts her in a bodybag and lures Uzuki just to escape. When Uzuki arrives he sees her body and calls Kashima to come here as quickly as possibly but turns out they can't save her anymore. Kashima develops some technology that allows you to transfer someone's brain/memories/persona into another one but it's still in beta test but Uzuki tells him to hurry so they can potentially understand what happened. Uzuki starts to feel Sakamoto's bloodlust ( just like Sakamoto did from far above when Takamura arrived and he tells Kashima to escape quickly. Sakamoto arrives and annihilates Uzuki and seeing Rion dead he leaves the place broken by the situation. Sakamoto in all his emotions missed a vital point on Kei's body when murdering him which allowed Kashima to get in there quickly and save his boss from death.​

Yay @Seth reads SD...about time.

Anyways as for the theory, I personally dont buy it. Weve seen in recent chaps that Nagumo doesnt truly care about his friends. He was truly sad when Hyo died. And probably wpuld have the same reactipn for Sakamoto.

As much of a troll Nagumo is....he doesnt seem to be the Hisoka type, thats obssesed with fights. Though im pretty sure he would enjoy a good one.
---

But yh I do believe the whole Nagumo being a plant in the JAA by his Spy family could possibly be true. Then actually ends up liking being an assassin and being friends with Saka and Rion. Im pretty sure we will get a future arc about him and his Spy Family....and maybe even the Spy World and how they differ to Assassins.