Versus Battle Naobito v. Megumi v. Nanami v. Maki

Who was the strongest?

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Naobito is the strongest here

The man is a better Naoya, who could fight against awakened Maki for a bit, who could fight Choso better than Shibuya Yuji (while being cocky as hell) etc etc

Naobito would beat down Megumi in CQC, Megumi only hope is domain or evasive counter but he would lose

One arm injured Naobito is an other story

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
As they were when Toji attacked them, the narration said it's Megumi.

Fully healed and ready to go, prolly Naobito.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
โ€Ž
Naobito is the strongest here

The man is a better Naoya, who could fight against awakened Maki for a bit, who could fight Choso better than Shibuya Yuji (while being cocky as hell) etc etc

Naobito would beat down Megumi in CQC, Megumi only hope is domain or evasive counter but he would lose

One arm injured Naobito is an other story
As they were when Toji attacked them, the narration said it's Megumi.

Fully healed and ready to go, prolly Naobito.
Thats the point though, Naobito lost an arm & took some damage while Megumi just used DE and burnt up his CE reserves...

So both were nerfed, no?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Thats the point though, Naobito lost an arm & took some damage while Megumi just used DE and burnt up his CE reserves...

So both were nerfed, no?
Naobito more

Megumi ยซ fight ยป against Tojo shows that

but overall I still think Megumi link with Toji play a hugeeee role with whom Toji chose to fight. More than strength

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

So both were nerfed, no?
Both were not 100 percent, but Naobito was more nerfed. Lost an arm, went from being faster than Jogo to getting done by him quickly etc. At full power, Naobito would have won against Megumi then.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
โ€Ž
but overall I still think Megumi link with Toji play a hugeeee role with whom Toji chose to fight. More than strength
100%
It was more of a narrative set up for us to get the partial reveal (by Toji) and less of a Megumi>Naobito shout
:tchpepe:

"Puppet of Carnage who bears his fangs at the strongest" was repeated even right as when Megumi was thrown out of the building.
It is a narrative set up and also a confirmation that Megumi is indeed "special", without him being there the 3 Sorcerors were dead to rights against Dagon's DE.

Both were not 100 percent, but Naobito was more nerfed. Lost an arm, went from being faster than Jogo to getting done by him quickly etc. At full power, Naobito would have won against Megumi then.
Well, thats just subjective, no? Because Gege never really said "Naobito got the most nerfed" or "Megumi got the least nerfed".
Megumi did get nerfed too, considering how exhausting using his DE was for him - so for me, Megumi v. Naobito is very much arguable... especially since that Toji scene remains as an evidence.

Last edited:
:tchpepe:

"Puppet of Carnage who bears his fangs at the strongest" was repeated even right as when Megumi was thrown out of the building.
It is a narrative set up and also a confirmation that Megumi is indeed "special", without him being there the 3 Sorcerors were dead to rights against Dagon's DE.

Well, thats just subjective, no? Because Gege never really said "Naobito got the most nerfed" or "Megumi got the least nerfed".
Megumi did get nerfed too, considering how exhausting using his DE was for him - so for me, Megumi v. Naobito is very much arguable... especially since that Toji scene remains as an evidence.
Ofc he is special, nobody denied that. He's PotentialMan after all

But he was the healthiest out of the four there. The other were all spent and/or crippled while only Megumi's stamina was getting drained by his DE struggle

Calling him the strongest there is like being called the guy with the least amount of testicular cancer at a testicular cancer convention

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Well no tbh lol. I think it's clear Naobito was more nerfed. He fought Dagon, expended his CE too, lost an arm, the drop in speed was quite notable. At that point in time Naobito wins imo.

Give it to him. Aim of the thread is to look at peak Megumi.
mmmmm fair enough

Choso was using Flowing Scale Stack to fight Yuji in the Bathroom fight as well, and they went nigh even in CQC
Yuji kept up at the beginning and got dogged by the end

and Megumi performed just as good as Yuji did when they were combo-ing their attacks together while smacking that Inverse CT Old Guy.
Did he really though?

The Inverse dude noted that Yuji had an absurd amount of raw power

Megumi can't replicate that without his Divine Dog Totality

I would argue Megumi is the best at analyzing and breaking down a CT,
- he figured out Hanami's eyes as his weakness after fighting him for a few minutes
- he's the one who figured out Inverse CT
- he's the one who found a way to defeat Dagon by dragging him out of his Domain
- he's the one who found a way out of Kirara's CT

In terms of Battle IQ, he is undisputed #1 here or only a little behind Naobito due to the difference in battle experience.
I'll give him this

I wouldn't put him over Naobito since there's a 40+ year experience gap but I'll give him 2nd place

This isn't even counting in, how he figured out a way to create an opening v. Toji's speed & >almost< landed a hit on him.
I used this in our Jogo argument but iirc even I noted that it was a straightforward blitz from Toji that he specifically prepared for

If Toji kept running at him without giving him time to prep he would've died instantly there too

Plus his whole plan was to limit Toji's options by baiting him to a narrow path

He just stood there waiting lol

In an open area Megumi would be fucked

Because fighting Megumi, even outside of his Domain, isn't the same as fighting another Sorceror.
It really is if you stat gap him

See: Toji vs Megumi

Megumi has his Shikigami, he can instantly turn a battle into a Nv1 situation which is very useful fighting against speedsters.
If he can react to them sure

He isn't reacting to a speed stacking Naobito

He probably isn't reacting to regular Naobito tbh

Choso couldn't, Dagon couldn't, Maki (pre awakened) couldn't, etc

Even partially awakened Maki had serious trouble

Megumi dies instantly if put in the same situation

His durability isn't half as good as Maki's and his reactions aren't even close

This was against someone that's slower and worse with Projection Sorcery than Naobito too

Heck, Sukuna even used Megumi's Rabbit Escape cover + Max Elephant air drop strategy and it worked against an experienced Sorceror like Yorozu.
It only worked against Yorozu because Sukuna can fly (plus he used it in combination with the Bull which Megumi doesn't have)

Divine Dog has feats ripping chunks of flesh out of even Hanami, damaging Nanami or Naobito is no big deal for Megumi especially with his Shikigami.
Nue can electrify & stun, it was compared to Kashimo's CT nature & Megumi pairs these with Max Elephant's water.
And in his Domain, his Fighting Ability gets boosted by 120%. He gets access to Clones, a Large Quantity of Shikigami and Environmental Control.
This would work assuming it hits

None of this would touch Naobito

Projection Sorcery is absurdly broken

As soon as Naobito touches Megumi (which will happen, Naoya was able to touch partially awakened Maki) all of that goes out of the window

You are severely underestimating Megumi imo, if you think he loses to people like Nanami.
Naobito, i understand, Nanami is just criminal Megumi downplay.
I think Nanami has a pretty decent matchup against Megumi outside of his domain

Inside he has no chance