Questions & Mysteries Need help to figure out Kuma

Alright, this might not be important to the main story...
But I've been wondering lately.
We now by now that Kuma was King, Revolutionary, Pirate (a cruel one... despite Sabo calling him gentle... Could have been made up by the world government...?), and a shichibukai.
So, I'm trying to understand what happened. How did he become a Shichibukai? Surely by offering that they could do these altering experiments on him. But for what purpose?

To get close to Vegapunk? To recruit him? Highly unlikely, but why would he allow to Kuma have this "last mission" (to protect the sunny)?

And also, what's the point of creating a "weapon" like this if he's guarding the sunny for 2 years -(and actually, why was he in Marineford while having this mission) and being enslaved right after.

Feels like I'm putting the pieces of the puzzle wrong. Anybody, help me figure this out.

Pacifistas were already made by the time he protected Sunny so his job as a weapon/experiment was probably done at that point, the reasons behind Kuma agreeing to this are a complete mystery and the best guesses are related to his country/family or a top secret revolutionary mission.

Mad_Monk

☠️ 𝔘𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔢 𝔄𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔞 ☠️
My guess he was a king from the south blue. Maybe he was a good king possibly a popular leader. He was so popular and influential that the WG is like calm down my guy you have to pay your respects. Kuma's like nah, then some shit happens. Kuma's no longer king and he's painted like a tyrant to destroy any influence he has in the region. Kuma joins the revolution to regain his kingdom and he's willing to sacrifice himself for the revolutionaries. He becomes a pacifista to "show his loyalty" and to try not to raise red flags. But this is all speculation and my game theory is could be wrong lol.

I want to believe that Kuma will have his own story arc and his history as a previous king explained. Luffy will free Kuma from the Celestial Dragon, Franky will revert Kuma's Cyborg body modifications and gain huge benefit for his Supaa technology, while Kuma will become a normal human again with Nikyuu2 no Mi, and he will become Luffy's nakama.