New details about Roger, Whitebeard, Garp, Aokiji and Akainu from the One Piece Magazine (by Oda)

Credit to one piece @skidd
I didnt see this anywhere else found this on reddit

• When Aokiji joined the navy he was called the recruited monster and possessed a great fighting force that he had not learned from anyone, but he gained more strength when Monkey D Garp trained him.
  • Aokiji was looking at Monkey D. Garp's past since Aokiji was a new recruit.
  • Akainu was also called "the recruited monster".
  • Justice of Aokiji was Burning Justice, but later changed to Lazy Justice after what happened in Ohara.
  • After the Rocks Pirates disintegrated, Whitebeard gathered a crew and became stronger (Whitebeard at the time of the Battle of God Valley is 36 years old, but its most cherished strength was at the age of 38)
  • What makes Roger's pirate crew strong and united despite their small number is their confidence in the leader.
Thanks to @ EMUNOPLA on twitter for translating the information. The raws can be found on his twitter.

N

NeutralWatcher

Interesting so Kizaru is the senior of admirals. Aokiji and Akainu also look like rival in the marine.

It seems that Aokiji is Garp's pupil in the past and Aokiji justice changed from Burning Justice to Lazy Justice since Ohara incident. I wonder what is Burning Justice.

WB grew stronger might be because he got Gura Gura no Mi or because he trained harder to surpass Roger.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Kuzan's sense of justice changed after he heard that Sakazuki had a shot of running the Marines.

Didn't Jinbe say that Kuzan was absolutely against the idea of Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral?

Would be cool to see Aokiji's behaviour when he's more invested in what he does.

I wonder if Kuzan's sense of justice changed after he heard that Sakazuki had a shot of running the Marines.

Didn't Jinbe say that Kuzan was absolutely against the idea of Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral?

Would be cool to see Aokiji's behaviour when he's more invested in what he does.
It's writen in the first post:
Justice of Aokiji was Burning Justice, but later changed to Lazy Justice after what happened in Ohara.

He changed his justice after the Ohara incident. So way before Akainu vs Aokiji.

I might see ''Burning Justice'' him being very passionate about justice and all. But after the incident in Ohara, he realized that the WG is fucked up and he changed his point of view.

Last edited:

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Burning Justice kind of directly associates him with what happens to a island during a Buster Call, it makes sense in him not wanting to go by that ideology anymore. I'm sure encountering Robin and helping her escape also had a hand in him changing his mind.

Justice of Aokiji was Burning Justice, but later changed to Lazy Justice after what happened in Ohara.
How ironic, it isn't a coincidence that his fruit directly opposes this.
What makes Roger's pirate crew strong and united despite their small number is their confidence in the leader.
Hehehe this is why Luffy will rule all.

Of course, this is the whole point of him quitting the marines.

Credit to one piece @skidd
I didnt see this anywhere else found this on reddit

• When Aokiji joined the navy he was called the recruited monster and possessed a great fighting force that he had not learned from anyone, but he gained more strength when Monkey D Garp trained him.
  • Aokiji was looking at Monkey D. Garp's past since Aokiji was a new recruit.
  • Akainu was also called "the recruited monster".
  • Justice of Aokiji was Burning Justice, but later changed to Lazy Justice after what happened in Ohara.
  • After the Rocks Pirates disintegrated, Whitebeard gathered a crew and became stronger (Whitebeard at the time of the Battle of God Valley is 36 years old, but its most cherished strength was at the age of 38)
  • What makes Roger's pirate crew strong and united despite their small number is their confidence in the leader.
Thanks to @ EMUNOPLA on twitter for translating the information. The raws can be found on his twitter.
Hi. In my opinion, this information is not from Oda,
@EtenBoby has already doubted this.
This information is from a special spy or reporter inside the world of this magazine ( one piece magazine )

Captain M said:
By the way, what's the framing device for this info in the magazine? There's a lot of first person talk, like it's a journal or a guide from someone. Does the magazine say who's writing it?
EtenBoby said:
One of the previous article in this vol was written by Wano Country Secret Agent Y, and they’re kind of a report, talking about sneaking in and gathering information, so I am going to assume that all these articles/report on Wano were written by the same “journalist”

* This information from EMUNOPLA is a summary of his translation
His entire text has been translated into Persian for me before
I think they changed the some of meaning of his words in the English translation.

About the power of white beard at the age of 38:
This information is not from Oda.
This is in the "Information Book" of One piece movie Z ( film No.12 [ Film Z - One Piece volume 1000 ] ), but it is not about Oda
In this book, several pages are devoted to Oda(Oda's designs for this movie + texts from him,pages 17 to pages 69)
There is information about the white beard on the pages of that book that does not belong to Oda's pages
There is that information on a few pages after the Oda pages( page 72 )
http://imgbox.com/NW1grgAW
In my opinion, that information is from the director of the film

Last edited:
Hi. In my opinion, this information is not from Oda,
@EtenBoby has already doubted this.
This information is from a special spy or reporter inside the world of this magazine ( one piece magazine )

* This information from EMUNOPLA is a summary of his translation
His entire text has been translated into Persian for me before
I think they changed the some of meaning of his words in the English translation.

About the power of white beard at the age of 38:
This information is not from Oda.
This is in the "Information Book" of One piece movie Z ( film No.12 [ Film Z - One Piece volume 1000 ] ), but it is not about Oda
In this book, several pages are devoted to Oda(Oda's designs for this movie + texts from him,pages 17 to pages 69)
There is information about the white beard on the pages of that book that does not belong to Oda's pages
There is that information on a few pages after the Oda pages( page 72 )
http://imgbox.com/NW1grgAW
In my opinion, that information is from the director of the film
No, Z’s background was written by Oda and the informations about WB prime age is from Z´s background, thus from Oda.

No, Z’s background was written by Oda and the informations about WB prime age is from Z´s background, thus from Oda.
Hello my friend
I just shared my information with you
There are more specialized people here than I am. Like EtenBoby
They can help us better solve these problems
Tip 1: We have not yet found any evidence that the story of z or anything else (other than the manga itself and film 10‌ and part of the novel ace and part 0 and data-book) is from Oda.
Tip 2: I said in my previous message that the information was published in a book, but I didn't say anything about the film itself.
Tip 3: I quoted EtenBoby's message. I didn't say anything about myself.

* Whenever it is confirmed and there is evidence that oda has provided information, I will definitely accept it.
Until then, all the side information will be filler for me.

Hello my friend
I just shared my information with you
There are more specialized people here than I am. Like EtenBoby
They can help us better solve these problems
Tip 1: We have not yet found any evidence that the story of z or anything else (other than the manga itself and film 10‌ and part of the novel ace and part 0 and data-book) is from Oda.
Tip 2: I said in my previous message that the information was published in a book, but I didn't say anything about the film itself.
Tip 3: I quoted EtenBoby's message. I didn't say anything about myself.

* Whenever it is confirmed and there is evidence that oda has provided information, I will definitely accept it.
Until then, all the side information will be filler for me.
And I just shared mine with you. The book where Z’s background was published is « volume 1000 » it was a booklet given to the people who saw the movie in theaters and to the people who bought the collector blu Ray edition.
In this Booklet, you have some sketches done and comment by Oda of the Mugiwara, Kizaru, Kuzan, Koby, Z, Ain and Bins. And you also have the background of Z who was written by Oda.

D

Deleted member 83

Yep but some fans did the calculations for WB and it correlates with the latest informations.
Well, what you said is true but to avoid wrong information I think I should say that the magazine made no mention of Edward’s ages, as some might assume it did according to that summary.

Also, most of these are nothing new, just different ways of writing things shown in the manga, as magazine/vc love to do, the monster recruit part was also included back in volume 1000

D

Deleted member 83

When Aokiji joined the navy he was called the recruited monster and possessed a great fighting force, so at first he didn’t have anything to learn from the marine, but he later gained more power through Garp’s teaching.

Aokiji was looking at Monkey D. Garp's back(not past) since Aokiji was a new recruit.
The meaning of that part is
Kuzan respects Garp’s free way of acting and that he acts according to what he believes in.

After the Rocks Pirates disintegrated, Whitebeard gathered a crew and expand his territories/influence,
“After the destruction of Rocks Pirates, who was once called the strongest on the sea, its remnants gathered comrades and expanded their territories/influence. Among them, Whitebeard who is strong and charismatic is the one that stands out.”
Correction

Last edited by a moderator:
@EtenBoby sorry to bother you, but is the "beast recruit" thing related to the three of them (kizaru, kuzan and akainu) or only kuzan?
Well, what you said is true but to avoid wrong information I think I should say that the magazine made no mention of Edward’s ages, as some might assume it did according to that summary.

Also, most of these are nothing new, just different ways of writing things shown in the manga, as magazine/vc love to do, the monster recruit part was also included back in volume 1000
akainu also have the first class monster thing right?