Character Discussion New Found Love

So I have a question. For those of you who have reread/watched the series over, was there a character/arc that you gained a new found love for. For me it was Usopp. He got on my nerves my first watch through, especially pre time skip. After I started watching it again Usopp had me in tears laughing a few times. I was able to appreciate him as a character more, and he’s become one of my favorite straw hats.

the SHP are just wholesome.... I'm glad i understood them and reciprocated ... so luffy crying over loosing then drove me to tears as well... at times like these i'd used to cuss oda for making me cry this bad.

Wano without a Soge king moment... is a below average arc... i have said this and I'll say it again.. ussop is such a sweet treat that provides the nuance of grim and humour together a very human character .
so imagining yourself in his shoes makes you feel realistic... since we sometimes back off like cowards, thinking we're not good enough, being selfish and childish which reflects his character well.. his rawness and typicalness just represents us in certain scenarios.

So sanji showing affection or making him feel worth it naturally made me admired sanji more as a character..

Just the flaws and tropes ussop presents is just a great addition to this anomalous crew..
Post automatically merged:

I admire alot of characters in onepiece i honestly adorn the show.. the warmth and flow it sails with in a course... just takes you with it...

truly understanding stories.. their distinctions and what they mean to me... is a hobby of mine for the most part

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
So I have a question. For those of you who have reread/watched the series over, was there a character/arc that you gained a new found love for. For me it was Usopp. He got on my nerves my first watch through, especially pre time skip. After I started watching it again Usopp had me in tears laughing a few times. I was able to appreciate him as a character more, and he’s become one of my favorite straw hats.
Skypie arc.
From least favorite post grand line arc, to second/third all time favorite.

Doggo

Sky pia is very underrated..
Norland and Kalgara's flashback is my favorite flashback by far.
The connection it makes with the Jaya arc.
The explanation for the split house. How the map completes itself to form a skull.
That arc is SO well put together.

I'm gonna stop now.
Because I'm starting to compare that masterpiece with this piece of shit Wano garbage in my mind and I'm getting hella mad right now.

Norland and Kalgara's flashback is my favorite flashback by far.
The connection it makes with the Jaya arc.
The explanation for the split house. How the map completes itself to form a skull.
That arc is SO well put together.

I'm gonna stop now.
Because I'm starting to compare that masterpiece with this piece of shit Wano garbage in my mind and I'm getting hella mad right now.
Noland is such an underrated character as well and Kalgar to..like Noland sailed the NW before it wasn't even charted territory... and its sad how Noland following generation went through due to that king's ignorance....such a beautiful bond and expectation broken by fate.. then resolved by these idiots and others:

and it even started with a one punch to Bellamy that highlight and BB was just so exquisitely put together..giving important characters and profound quotes.. and details... FATEE

pre time skip hit different
:pepemy:

Doggo

Noland is such an underrated character as well and Kalgar to..like Noland sailed the NW before it wasn't even charted territory... and its sad how Noland following generation went through due to that king's ignorance....such a beautiful bond and expectation broken by fate.. then resolved by these idiots and others:

and it even started with a one punch to Bellamy that highlight and BB was just so exquisitely put together..giving important characters and profound quotes.. and details... FATEE

pre time skip hit different
:pepemy:
It was the most beautiful tragic story in One Piece.
Two friends, never allowed to know what the fuck happened with the other.

The resolve? With Luffy's silhouette in the clouds (only good use of silhouette in OP's history), ringing the golden bell.
HO-LY-FUCK. What an amazing moment.
Wiper was awesome.
Ganfall was awesome.
Enel was awesome.
The priests were awesome.

Jaya itself was ALREADY amazing.
BB's reveal is one of my all time favorite scenes in One Piece.
I know people like the purism of "manga only", but my god the anime was fucking amazing. The music, the voice acting, daaaaaaaamn. :steef:
I thank fucking god I started One Piece with the anime. Because there are A LOT of moments that I think are INFINITELY better there.
Binks no sake? It is not even comparable. Not that the manga is bad, but it simply pales in comparison.
Pre-TS glory days :doffycry:

It was the most beautiful tragic story in One Piece.
Two friends, never allowed to know what the fuck happened with the other.

The resolve? With Luffy's silhouette in the clouds (only good use of silhouette in OP's history), ringing the golden bell.
HO-LY-FUCK. What an amazing moment.
Wiper was awesome.
Ganfall was awesome.
Enel was awesome.
The priests were awesome.

Jaya itself was ALREADY amazing.
BB's reveal is one of my all time favorite scenes in One Piece.
I know people like the purism of "manga only", but my god the anime was fucking amazing. The music, the voice acting, daaaaaaaamn. :steef:
I thank fucking god I started One Piece with the anime. Because there are A LOT of moments that I think are INFINITELY better there.
Binks no sake? It is not even comparable. Not that the manga is bad, but it simply pales in comparison.
Pre-TS glory days :doffycry:
I assent with everything you said... the part where luffy rings the bell to prove it to Acorn-san that there is a city of gold and its no longer Noland's tale... was just breath taking sooo good.. what a goat luffy was.. his intuition and reciprocative intentions... the sympathy he has for acorn-san just BEAUTIFUL character development.. Wiper and the gang are just dope slick prideful men with zoro there with em

i started with the anime too and brruh the exalting vibes the casual routine of the SHP on deck with melodic osts.. just soo elegant

I cried soo flipin much during Bink's sake...
just the way the anime carries and portrays feelings is just soo vehement.. i loves every bit of the pre timeskip from zoro and sanji doing the dishes to the MF war.. and the hype of historic legends with that legendary ost playing behind before luffy.. just makes the moments feel so exalted

I WANNA REWATCH IT SOO BAD.. i wanna understand every detail i missed and don't give a damn shit to people who cringe over it

PRE TIME SKIP...... ; ;

K fella i gtg take a nap.. thx for the trip to this nostalgic lane
:cheers: tc cya

Deffo Brook as re watching / reading it later I’ve seen more aspects to Brook and understand how he’s really already lived a full life already and a lot of it alone and so he’s comforted by being around the other S Hats, feel him more than when I watched it long ago.

on the opposite side made me realise crocodile is so weak like what, more and more as the manga goes on it make him look dumb but then again he kinda got full of himself