Speculations New Possibilties for Luffy's Awakening/Gear 5, CoC, Kaido's Ultimate Form

According to Donflamingo Awakening is when the DF begins to affect things outside the user's body.

Conqueror's Haki is used to project force outside the user's body.

So my theory is that Awakening is channeling Conqueror's Haki through the user's DF. Instead of projecting brute force like we've seen from Luffy and Kaido the user projects their devil fruit. Both Katakuri and Donflamingo have Conqueror's Haki so we haven't seen an Awakened user without CoC yet except for the Zoans which I will explain later.

So how does Luffy project his fruit on the outside world like Donflamingo does for instance. Would he turn his environment to rubber?? No it doesn't make sense and it's difficult to see how that would benefit him. Luffy is more like a Zoan user in that his fruit allows him to turn into different forms enhancing his physical body.

So then how would Kaido Awaken his fruit? We've seen the Zoans in Impel Down and they seem to be stuck in that form. This is likely because they do not possess CoC and have been taken over by the fruit. I think Kaido will be able to go into his Awakened form and be able to retain control over it because he has such a strong CoC. This will be his ultimate form. Luffy will need to get to an even higher level than he is now to beat him.

Luffy in Gear Four uses his Armament Haki to maintain that form. But now he has the ability to use CoC. He can channel that through his fruit to get to Gear 5 basically King Kong form that he is only able to maintain with CoC.

I'm glad there's a thread like this.
I highly doubt Awakening will be incorporated into this arc. Instead whichever arc Luffy faces Blackbeard is more suitable.

In this arc I am hoping Luffy incorporates Snakeman, Internal Destruction, and CoC coating into his attacks to defeat Kaido.
Snakeman so he out speeds Hybrid Kaido.
Internal Destruction for the fight within Kaido.
CoC coating so he negates damages done to himself.

Something like what Gojo has where Jogo couldn't touch him.

Oda talked about gear 5 in the recent SBS and yes awakening for zoan fruits should be a form not an attack
Gear 5 Luffy vs awakening Kaido will happen but before that Yamato will join the fight she said she wants to beat Kaido

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
As we learned so far awakening constitutes a projection of one's devil fruit in the outer world, however this was the version Doffy gave us, it has to be confirmed whether or not that's the only way, if it is however, then Luffy would merely be capable to turn the outside into rubber and for example shape rubber in different forms out of material objects to make use of it in offensive/defensive/supportative ways.