Questions & Mysteries Now that i think about it, what happened on this panel?

I talk about the moment when Zoro used Asura on Kaido
If you look at it, there are some strange things you can find.

First is the third panel where Zoro prepares his attack. You can see Kaido swinging his club to attack Zoro, but for some reason he shouts "UGH!!!" and you can see those white sparks around Zoro. They are the same sparks that were used when Zoro destroyed all Hyozou's swords and usually used when someone is blocking attacks
So what did Zoro actually do here? Did he block Kaido's club before attacking him?

Second is the sixth and seventh panel. In sixth panel, Kaido is in pain because of attack (ARRGH!!) and spitting blood. Then on the seventh panel, he shouts even louder (GROA AAGH!!) and there is more blood coming out, and Zoro's stance on the seventh panel doesn't match any of Asura's stance. So what exactly did happen here? Did the full impact of his attack come out later or what?

If someone can read Japanese, can you help me understand?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I mean...the easy answer is that Zoro’s too motherfuckin’ strong and Kaido just wasn’t prepared for such a dominant display :kayneshrug:

It could also have something to do with Law’s actions, didn’t he stab Kaido right before this? Could be some internal damage accumulating from the fight coming at a truly inopportune time for him.

H

Haoshoku

The sparks is just Zoro making contact with Kaido’s body hence the “ugh!” from Kaido, atleast from what I can tell.

Second is the sixth and seventh panel. In sixth panel, Kaido is in pain because of attack (ARRGH!!) and spitting blood. Then on the seventh panel, he shouts even louder (GROA AAGH!!) and there is more blood coming out, and Zoro's stance on the seventh panel doesn't match any of Asura's stance. So what exactly did happen here? Did the full impact of his attack come out later or what?
Also nothing much going on here. That’s just Kaido taking in the attack and then subsequently spitting blood afterwards.

yeah this asura feel weird af, why would kaido feel pain just from his attacks getting deflected. it seems like zoro pushed him back (hence the ugh) and then he followed with the final hit.
i also noticed kaido screaming louder panels later than the actual attack, which wasn't the case in previous encounters. kaido would usually scream immediately after the attacks hit him. it's like he was struggling to keep it inside but the pain is too great to bear.