Break Week Now that some time has passed what is the overall rating of Sanji and Zoro's fights in Onigashima?

Rate Sanji and Zoro's fight

• Great

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Neither liked nor disliked it

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Ass

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
not really its more like queen himself never gave the feeling of a dangerous commander in the whole arc. he was like smoothie in WCI even cracker felt more dangerous than queen.
Oftentimes we judge characters power through their attitudes or personality. King has always been serious never put the guard down, so we tend to overestimate a guy like this while queen looks like a rapper

Not gonna vote. Different fights deserves different measures.

Zoro fight was great. Sanji fight was ass.

Zoro fight wasn't perfect for sure. Enma x Hiyori plot was dumb. King's trick could have been better worked so we look back and see that is really there. But the choreography is awesome. Zoro learning that he needs to give Enma all it wants could have been better worked too. Something that he realized when he used Asura at Kaido for example. But was still great.

Now Sanji's... It sucks that he dropped RS for no reason and destroyed for no reason too. All initial attacks on Queen was sneak attacks that didn't build up in an all out fight and it didn't seem to hurt Queen at all.
Sanji best moment was probably trying to fight King and Queen alone without suffering too much but was off screened just like Marco's "defeat".
When Queen finally fights back Sanji he got destroyed easily. His PU is dumb and bad executed. Why Sanji is receiving the same power up of his siblings years after them and only after using RS? No explanation.
Then he got this PU that makes him immune to regular sword attack(hakiless) and bullets(hakiless). I really don't remember his siblings having these but whatever. He runs like a cowards without any reason. Queen follows him and just take all attacks like an idiot. He doesn't try to evade or even defend himself.
But again Sanji's attack doesn't seem to hurt Queen at all. Oda had to have Sanji saying that he is getting hurt other than show that by Queen's face/condition etc.
Sanji is way more powerful now, stronger, faster but somehow Queen manages to grab him and make a hakiless combo that shouldn't hurt Sanji at all but we still see him getting hurt and spitting blood.
The good scene is Sanji being invisible because of his speed, his CoO being so strong that he can sense Queen's invisibility and having a stronger version of Diable Jambe finishing Queen in a wonderful combo. But having Queen in his Dinosaur form, breaking a bunch of wall and flying upwards outside was too much. Shit makes no sense. Why only his last attack made this to Queen and not all the others?

Zoro vs King easily 9/10. Mr 1 still best fight 10/10.

Sanji vs Queen 3/10 being really friendly about it. Sanji vs Jabura still best fight 10/10.

The Sanji fight was a mess.
Queen randomly showed all the Germa siblings powers only towards the end of the fight and it felt so pointless.
The random intrusion of the mouse & Osome didn’t help either, especially since the fight ended with Queen going after her instead.
Even from an aesthetic perspective it was just so bland besides brachiosnake.
It’s one of the more disappointing fights for Sanji.

The Zoro fight was pretty typical and checked off a lot of the usual points.
It was more enjoyable overall and felt more like the usual One Piece fare.
Didn’t like the CoC coating stuff, and it just made things visually messy.

Pretty much still the same conclusions I had reading them the 1st time around.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Sanji vs Queen = 2/10
Zoro vs King = 6/10

Art and choreography was lacking pretty badly in both. Both fights riddled with lazy panels. Zoro vs King needed 1 more chapter, Sanji vs Queen can hardly be called a fight.

Zoro vs King was good but too rushed imo, it should've been one more chapter. I rate it a 8/10.

Sanji vs Queen wasn't as good and was rushed as well. The worst part was that the lady interfered and distracted Queen making it feel like Sanji won due to a sneak attack which was unsatisfying. I rate it a 4/10, Sanji can do much better I guess but Queen was just not the guy.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Zoro’s fight 5/10: Decent choreography for one piece standards but I was not a fan of anything else. King had no character and the narrative for the fight was nonexistent. Not to mention the Enma asspull

Sanji’s fight 5/10: Queen was just an absolute terrible matchup for Sanji, I have no idea what Oda was thinking having a quick agile fighter like Sanji fight a giant tank like Queen. The choreography was non existent and Queen’s Germa abilities could’ve been introduced earlier and used more creatively to make him seem like more of a threat. The huge saving graces to this fight is Ifrit Jambe/Invisible speed and the narrative. I like the idea of Sanji considering losing his emotions due to his weakness to women

I won't even call it a fight..
90% time they do struggle , Opponents shows new abilities one after one but in last 5% protagonist start showing power ups outta their ass..then in last panel they figure out Opponents weakness and one shot them..
There are many other good manga if u wanna enjoy fights..

Zoro's fight was decent, nothing special compared to how good he did in the rooftop.

Now Sanji's fight was a complete disaster.

i dont really think it was a question of how good their fights were comoared to how bad their opponents looked and preformed. Like Zoro had very few options on how to even attack king short of king running up on him . Judge should have realied on his own viruses and not germas tech.

Depends are we comparing the fights to the respective fights Zoro and Sanji have had over the course of the series?
Or are we comparing the fights to every fight in One Piece?? Cause those are two completely different ratings…

Zoro Vs King was like a 7 or 8 for Zoro Fights
Sanji Vs Queen is probably 8 or 9 for his fights.

Now when i compare these fights to all the fights in one piece?
Zoro Vs King is a 7
Sanji Vs Queen is 6

But honestly the Anime could change everything we feel about these fights💯💯

Sanji vs Queen was really good

Zoro vs King was shaping up to be good but then Zoro went from barely hanging on to demolishing him in one chapter.