Current Events Oda getting rid of boring/stupid subplots is the best thing about Wano so far

Punk Hazard had the incredibly annoying kids running around everywhere which ended up featuring in so many panels that the Smoker/Vergo fight was off-paneled. I couldn't stand those kids and It's not like they only showed up late during the arc, they were consistently there from start to finish

Dressrosa had perhaps the worst subplot in One Piece's history with everything related to the Tontattas and the factory, this arc lasted 30 more chapters than it should have as a result of it, no one cared about it either (don't pretend otherwise I've been reading scans since 2009 and we were all bored to death by it, in fact EVERY WEEK we would pray that the chapter focused on the main plot rather than these shitty tontattas)
Oda really didn't need to put so much focus on it and Dressrosa has by the way the worst pacing of any OP arc period as a result.

WCI's subplot was albeit a bit more essential to the story than the other two but still, the cake sub-plot wasn't really that enticing either, it didn't really change anything in the grand scheme of things either as BM essentially kept going on her rampage against the SH once she ate the cake.

Wano though so far has been a no bullshit arc, every chapter you KNOW you're gonna get interesting spoilers, no down week, I hope Oda carries on in the following arcs

The day One Piece ends we will regret that Oda wasn't able to make some of these arcs a little bit shorter/lighter by cutting off subplots so that we could have had more arcs,fights and great momes.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
To be honest I feel it's the opposite.

Look at how many rather useless side characters Wano kuni featured thus far.... we spent dozens of chapters being involved and entangled into stuff *completely* off sight just to get to Kaido when it could of been possible to easily spare 10+ chapters by finding faster methods and we would already have the final fights occurring. Instead we stand quite far ahead.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
To be honest I feel it's the opposite.

Look at how many rather useless side characters Wano kuni featured thus far.... we spent dozens of chapters with stuff *completely* off sight just to get to Kaido when it could of been possible to easily spare 10+ chapters and we would already have the final fights occurring. Instead we stand quite far ahead.
On top of that. The structure of the arc is straight up Alabasta v3

V2 was Dressrosa.

This is one of the worse arcs after the ts as of now.

Even if Oda picks up the pace I wont ratw this arc high. We basically have over 90 chspters of stretching, using the same troupes and introducing unnecessary characters. Not even talking about the raid. Until Zoro's chapter its straight a meme not a raid.

Zero fucking stakes. The most serious moment before Zoro and Kaido chapter was probably panel where King mobilize the F6.....