Chapter Discussion Oda is good at writing lore but weak at fighting panels

I think that Oda’s issue is his creativity. It’s like he has too many ideas and while they are creative, not every idea is going to fit into an arc or story. If I was Oda’s editors I would say your arc gets 50 chapters at most. Part I: The set up Part II: The Climax and Part III: The Resolution. He can divide the chapters however he wants. I would be adamant that he start answering mysteries and revealing lore that readers have been waiting for.

When people say that One Piece is "not really about fights," idk what they're on about

The MC is literally set to be the strongest in the verse

Just because Oda doesn't care about power-scaling and just because fights aren't the only thing that One Piece offers, doesn't mean that fights aren't a hugely important aspect of the series
I'd say One Piece is mainly about adventure, and fights are a part of adventure so they're a part of One Piece. But at the same time, they're not really the main thing
Post automatically merged:

Oda was good at paneling the fight imo, just see Luffy vs Crocodile, Luffy vs Lucci etc. But being extremely tired from weekly schedule, does dry out an author from being capable of maximum storytelling.
I mean it's not like he's bad at paneling now. There have been some bad pages in Wano, yes, but it's not like we never get good pages anymore.

Last edited:
This man said paneling. You don't know WTF you're talking about
:milaugh:
Then dont comment. Guys like you are absolute shitshow cant take criticism of your favorite series.

Its best you stop commenting if it doesnt make sense to you.

he s garbage at both
I am afraid you are right thats the path one piece is heading right now.

Even Naruto series quality dropped like this.

Then dont comment. Guys like you are absolute shitshow cant take criticism of your favorite series.

Its best you stop commenting if it doesnt make sense to you.

I am afraid you are right thats the path one piece is heading right now.

Even Naruto series quality dropped like this.
You said his paneling isn't good. What do you even think that means? His paneling is what put his art on the map when people were reluctant about his style.

Hard disagree. He's been sucking at both lately. Especially the lore. Everything is about the next Luffy power up and everything else is just thrown to the side. I still enjoy One Piece but it's nowhere near as hyped or as rich in story as it used to be. At this point I'm just waiting for Shanks to become prominent in the story post -Wano. I mean look at how he has treated Nico Robin, a character that should be getting ample panel time given her importance to the story and OP in general. A lot of OP's story resides with Nico Robin and what she does. Robin is literally the catalyst to most of what will happen during the endgame outside of the final boss battles obviously. I would bet money that he also off-screens 95% of what happened at Reverie. There's no way that OP ends without the fanbase having 1001 questions on shit that he should have been explaining the whole time, instead he wants to waste panel time on fodder and Oden wanking.