General & Others Oda the regurgitator.

Last two chapters were just regurgitation of things we already knew. Oda did the same thing during Oden's flashback and people called that a "lore drop". Just regurgitate things the readers already knew but this time convey it through the words of a "hype" character (in this case Imu) and then poof you have your so-called new lore drop chapter. And the new info we supposedly did learn isn't really new info since it hasn't been confirmed yet, just more questions added to the hundreds of others.

Compare this so-called "hype lore drop" chapter with Kingdom chapter where we see our MC get character development and where the laws of a state starts to get formed. No nonsense people running around creating fake drama. Actually relevant events that progresses the plot occur their instead of needing to use mystery 90% of the time.

You never cease to amaze me Lee

Regardless of the contents of the chapter you'll always find something to complain about

Did we know which family among the 20 Imu was a part of?

Did we know the names of the Gorosei?

Did we know Imu had the Perennial Youth Surgery performed on them?

Did we know Vivi and Cobra were D.'s?

Did we know what weapon Imu used to destroy Lulusia?

No?

Then how is that regurgitating information we already knew?

Last two chapters were just regurgitation of things we already knew. Oda did the same thing during Oden's flashback and people called that a "lore drop". Just regurgitate things the readers already knew but this time convey it through the words of a "hype" character (in this case Imu) and then poof you have your so-called new lore drop chapter. And the new info we supposedly did learn isn't really new info since it hasn't been confirmed yet, just more questions added to the hundreds of others.

Compare this so-called "hype lore drop" chapter with Kingdom chapter where we see our MC get character development and where the laws of a state starts to get formed. No nonsense people running around creating fake drama. Actually relevant events that progresses the plot occur their instead of needing to use mystery 90% of the time.
Bruh wtf these past two chapters were the best thing Oda has written post timeskip, why are you doing this to yourself?

Regardless of the contents of the chapter you'll always find something to complain about

No?

Ratio'ed.

Thank you for the complement.

No?

Ohh that is right, I totally forgot, we waited 25 years to get the names of the family. Darn how can I have forgotten that. What a reveal. The names of the Gorosei. I owe you one man, how could i have forgotten that. Thanks for proving my point

Yes, we waited 25 years to reveal Vivi is a D. Wow another D. We know nothing about D but yet 25 years later we get introduced to yet another D. How awesome.

Only Oda can make name reveals a lore drop and have the fanbase consider it hype.

Last edited:
Thank you for the complement.

Ohh that is right, I totally forgot, we waited 25 years to get the names of the family. Darn how can I have forgotten that. What a reveal. The names of the Gorosei. I owe you one man, how could i have forgotten that. Thanks for proving my point

Yes, we waited 25 years to reveal Vivi is a D. Wow another D. We know nothing about D but yet 25 years later we get introduced to yet another D. How awesome.

Only Oda can make name reveals a lore drop and have the fanbase consider it hype.
Why are you moving the goalpost?

If you don't like the reveals then say that

Don't claim he's regurgitating information then say "well.... it's new but it's bad"

Why are you moving the goalpost?

If you don't like the reveals then say that

Don't claim he's regurgitating information then say "well.... it's new but it's bad"
I am not moving any goal posts. I just didn't know your standards were so low that you consider name reveals as lore drop. You guys can't be serious.

And yes he regurgitate info through Imu. Most of Imu dialogue were things we already knew.

I am not moving any goal posts. I just didn't know your standards were so low that you consider name reveals as lore drop. You guys can't be serious.

And yes he regurgitate info through Imu. Most of Imu dialogue were things we already knew.
We're nitpicking now? Fine

Is the Perennial Youth Surgery a name reveal or something we already knew?

What about the Mother Flame and the fact that it was made by Vegapunk?

Is that regurgitated info too?

We're nitpicking now? Fine

Is the Perennial Youth Surgery a name reveal or something we already knew?

What about the Mother Flame and the fact that it was made by Vegapunk?

Is that regurgitated info too?
You literally said "names of the Gorosei and Family", so that is me nitpicking?
  • Youth Surgery we knew since Dressrosa.
  • Mother flame I literally mentioned in my post saying that reveal still isn't confirmed. Added more questions than an answer.
  • 20 kings we already knew.
  • The "D refers to those who oppose 800 years ago" we already knew.
  • "Poneglyphs being scattered from 800 years ago" we already knew.
  • "was it all planned out?" like dude come on.

You literally said "names of the Gorosei and Family", so that is me nitpicking?
  • Youth Surgery we knew since Dressrosa.
  • Mother flame I literally mentioned in my post saying that reveal still isn't confirmed. Added more questions than an answer.
  • 20 kings we already knew.
  • The "D refers to those who oppose 800 years ago" we already knew.
  • "Poneglyphs being scattered from 800 years ago" we already knew.
  • "was it all planned out?" like dude come on.
Now you're being willfully obtuse

We knew of the Youth Surgery since Dressrosa, yes. Did we know it was performed on Imu?

What do you mean it isn't confirmed? We know Vegapunk was involved in it's creation or reawakening, we learned the name of it, and we know why Imu was unable to use it on any island beforehand.

We didn't know which member of the 20 Imu was a part of or if they were a part of the 20 at all. We knew literally nothing about them before this string of chapters other than their position in the WG.

Poneglyphs being scattered we knew but you're assuming Oda put that in there as a reveal instead of just another line in the chapter

Now you're being willfully obtuse

We knew of the Youth Surgery since Dressrosa, yes. Did we know it was performed on Imu?

What do you mean it isn't confirmed? We know Vegapunk was involved in it's creation or reawakening, we learned the name of it, and we know why Imu was unable to use it on any island beforehand.

We didn't know which member of the 20 Imu was a part of or if they were a part of the 20 at all. We knew literally nothing about them before this string of chapters other than their position in the WG.

Poneglyphs being scattered we knew but you're assuming Oda put that in there as a reveal instead of just another line in the chapter
He’s not engaging in good faith. Let it go.