General & Others Oda's interview regarding G5

People joke so much about Two Piece that Oda made it himself.

Funny he saying that while 90% of the manga he made it different.

When Oda became so selfish? This is not Japanese mind.

Everyone hating has never truly loved one piece for what it Is

Pre ts has the most wacky and heartwarming moments on top of the battles which also have comedic moments.

It ceased allot post ts extending mainly to luffy and sanji. I'm happy he's bringing it back.
I sort of agree

but at some point you expect it to grow up. Look at Dragon Ball compared to DBZ for example

I find these comments a bit contradictory to his recent statements about wanting to draw a hype ending to the story, but I guess we all have different interpretations of what is hype.
Oda has the right to do whatever he wants with his manga even if I personally find it a bit disappointing.

G5 is unique , BUT THERE IS MASSIVE ISSUE , LODA IS SUICIDING TENSION
This is the truth. Imo Oda shouldve made it into psycopath Looney Toons instead, where Luffy's own bodyparts turn into cartoon...but when Luffy apply it to the body of others like Kaidou, their body can't accept the warped reality and thus Kaidou's eyes gouged for real, the ballooned dragon stomach explode with realism, and Kaidou's brain was splattered when Luffy used that helicopter UFO punch, ending the fight with Kaidou's death.

I sort of agree

but at some point you expect it to grow up. Look at Dragon Ball compared to DBZ for example
Oda was grown when he made the story. Sure he's gotten older but he knew what he wanted when he made it.

Fuck your standards and expectations that you've set. Which are based upon your own bias in the first place.

You can have that expectation but odas never once hinted at that being his plan. So idk where you got that expectation from.

Dam, ill draw what i want and if don't like it don't read is basically the tldr.

The typical hardcore badass fights are indeed boring sometimes, series like Solo leveling was a victim of this. Every character was so badass and strong with little to no personality.

If Oda finds away to balance G5 tension and goofy moments it will the series alot better in my opinion.
Post automatically merged:

Dam, ill draw what i want and if don't like it don't read is basically the tldr.

The typical hardcore badass fights are indeed boring sometimes, series like Solo leveling was a victim of this. Every character was so badass and strong with little to no personality.

If Oda finds away to balance G5 tension and goofy moments it will the series alot better in my opinion.

It amazes me that Oda knew that extremely goofy fights aren't what people are looking for in Shonen Battle Manga but still did it anyway, I don't know if it's retarded or just stupid... Still his dick riders will defend him on anything, no biggy.

Oh and Luffy was already playful enough in his battles especially preskip. Oda could find ways to make Luffy's battles playful without breaking the Looney Tunes barrier.

Well its his manga..he can do whatever he wants to do..
But theme and the concept of OP is really dark to compare it with tom and jerry

It's good that he is doing what he wants and doesn't let himself being influenced by what people want him to draw but so far I don't like G5 at all.
It's not about Luffy doing stupid shit during a fight, he has always done so, it's more that it doesn't look good, visually it's bad, it's not funny either and it can't be 100% of a fight or else it's not a fight anymore but a joke/circus.