Powers & Abilities Oda's Kaidou hype is fake

Is Kaidou's ''Hype'' Fake?

• Total voters
The most notable ''fact'' about Kaidou is that ''Nobody was/is able to kill him''. I don't buy that.
Kaidou was captured multiple times by other Yonkou and Marines, 2 ''factions'' which have the most powerfull people in their lines. And appereantly no one was able to kill Kaidou.
On the other side, we got Luffy who learned the Advanced Haki (destroying from the inside) in 1 week and is sure that it will have effect on Kaidou and he will be able to actually damage him. If you can damage someone, you can kill him, if enough damage is done.
So does that mean no Yonkou or Admiral has this Advanced Haki? The strongest people in the OP world don't have that? While Rayleigh had (not downplaying him or anything)? How believable is that?

We also have the only person who have ever scarred Kaidou, Oden. Oden is not weak by any means, but we have seen he was not on WB's and Roger's level.
Oden used Haki on both swords in his clash with WB, while the second didn't use any Haki nor his DF. No one won the clash.
Oden was also overpowered by Roger's attack and got damaged, while actually blocking the attack.
Shortly after, he was also shocked/surprised at Roger's and WB's clash and how their weapons wasn't even touching.
This was the first time we have ever seen this level of Armament Haki. Kaidou surely has tried to fight WB in the past and most likely lost to him. But WB didn't scarr Kaidou - which based on his Haki level is really surprising.
Also the Rocks Pirates were crushed by Roger and Garp, yet the only scarr Kaidou has is from Oden.

Based on the pictures above, it seems Oden doesn't have Advanced Haki and especialy on this level himself. He also never showed any Advanced Haki - that doesn't mean he didn't had it when he scarred Kaidou, because when he joined Roger and fought Kaidou 6 years later, he could have learned it in that time, but it's just speculation. Unless i overlooked something, you are welcome to correct me.
There is also the thing with Enma which sucks out alot of Haki and make the user ''over use'' their own Haki, resulting in creating stronger attacks. But it can use so much, that it literally dries out the user, if not able to controll it. This surely played a role in Oden scarring Kaidou, by giving Oden the ability to use more Haki than he by himself ever could - just speculation, but that's where Enma points too IMO. Which kinda makes Enma deus ex maschina, but whatever.

So you have stronger guys with stronger Haki than Oden, not able to scarr Kaidou...

We have seen ''fake hype'' by Oda before. The best example is Garp saying the Marines could not handle 2 Legends at the same time, talking about WB and Rayleigh - which is compete nonsense and was disproved by the MF Arc.
So do you think Oda just didn't care about this ''plothole'' and just wanted to create this extreme ''hype'' for Kaidou? Or do you think it all makes sense?

I totally agree Kaido is dissapointing aside chapter 986

In MF we saw that the Admirals all have advanced haki and the haki- barrier they did create was a few meters big if you look at the height of the admirals and then compare the haki shield they did create it was an crazy high level haki they showed there

Look at the size of the shield those three created and someone tells me even they couldnt scratch Kaido and Luffy will ???

So for me it seems to be a fake hype about Kaido the captures and executions were prob when he was young and even before he founded his crew or landed on Wano

I think after he settled in Wano he did never challenge any big name and isolated himself from the world and expanded his empire behind his castle so Oden was the only strong one he challenged the last 20 years

An evidence for that is that Big Mom asked him how many decades it has been means he hasnt seen her more than 10 or 20 years maybe since Rocks so he cant have challenged the BMP

the same goes for WBP since they thoght Oden was alive in Wano Kaido never attacked Whitebeard or challenged him in the last 20 years and before that the 10 years Oden sailed with Roger and Newgate and never encountered Kaido onto sea means for the last 30 years Kaido didnt challenge either Roger and WB

Shanks become a emperor 6 years ago so my conclusion is that Kaido never challenged any big name in the last 30 years it was prob when he was a teenager

Oda did just mislead us when he did introduced Kaido if Oden can hurt him the other Yonkos and Admirals can also do it

This Yonko-saga is big joke from the start till now he just wanted to hype Kaido thats all and the hype is gone all YC or there captains are just trash compared to the WG I hope this arc is fast over so we can get the real strong guys

J

Jo_Ndule

First of all
Oden didn't use haki to block Roger haki named attack
The Oden that clashed evenly with WB was younger and not in prime

WB and Roger never had better AP than Oden
Navy and Yonko couldn't kill or scar his body. Even if if it was 20+ years ago, prime WB, Shiki, Roger, navy and BM still failed to do something to scar him or kill him.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all
Oden didn't use haki to block Roger haki named attack
The Oden that clashed evenly with WB was younger and not in prime

WB and Roger don't never had better AP than Oden
Navy and Yonko couldn't kill or scar his body. Even if if it was 20+ years ago, prime WB, Shiki, Roger, navy and BM still failed to do. Something to scar him or kill him.
Give it up nudle Im on you guys side Admirals are way better and more amazing then those trash commanders or emperors look at Big Mom even Buggy was more immadiating than her in his first appearance

Jozu one shot material
Jack is a victim to everyone
Kaido hides in his castle
Queen is trash
Marco and Vista failed to hurt one admiral

overall YC and Emperors are disapointing
I feel like Kid and Zoro can take out the whole 20.000 beast pirate crew out alone

Some people's interpretation/overreaction of the manga is appalling.

Vista could block a strike from mihawk, and these people would claim them as equals.

Kaidos is the strongest, claimed in a narrators box.
However, that doesn't mean he's invincible and unable to receive damage.

If we recall whitebeard got roughed up pretty hard during marineford. Blackbeard almost died to Magellan. Kaido got a few stab wounds and now people claim this hype is fake before the battle even began?

You guys don't understand the Chapter at all
The Scabbards had the same type of skills and Haki as Oden as they have been trained in the same culture learning the same samurai skills as him , Akainu and Kizaru aren't from Wano so they wouldn't be able to penetrate him , neither would Whitebeard

It's like how Boa's sisters could destroy Caribou while Pre TS Luffy can't

Before any of you say Luffy being able to master this style then Everyone else on his level should , that's not true at all, Luffy is well known for being able to adapt to every style, Which is why he could keep up with Kuro after a while , why he could adapt to Mantra and Dials, why he could adapt to the CP9, why he mastered Future sight in such a short time when several people as strong if not stronger than him never mastered it.

As for why this specific Wano related CoA Technique can hurt Kaido while others can't, I can't tell you but we are gonna find out soon

Well in reality the chapter prove that Kaido durability > anybody. An more specifically Kaido dragon scales> logia intangibility

U need AcoA to be capable of harming Kaido. We saw G4 attack Kaido with a barrage of attacks. Yet despite G4 freakiest physical strength, an hardening irrelevant to Kaido.

while with the admirals all u need is basic haki to bypass logia intangibility.

Also funny enough people seemly totally forgot we’ve yet to see Kaido scales imbued with CoA.

It's not really fake, the only thing is the difficulty to preserve a logic plot with strong peoples.
If Kaido, Mihawk for example destroy instantly their opponents which they are capable for sure, where is the hype ? surprise element ?
As an author you need to give the readers something they are excited for, the stronger stomping the weaker isn't really amazing or good. That's why Oda uses sneak attacks, 2 or more vs 1, to nerf the strong people and make sure to continue the plot.

Honestly what you said @Hiragaro it's true, i don't understand how the navy or his ennemies failed to kill him but his introduction is so dumb. He wants to die but now he is afraid about oden, swords, ryou ? doesn't make sense.
The issue with Oda, he loves to hype so much someone as god, doesn't care at all about powerscaling.
All the hype for Enma when Ame also did the same thing to Kaido. never in Oden's flashback, someone put Enma above Ame.

In fact, we just follow the story through the Straw Hats and common people and how the strongests are perceived, but at the end of the day they're just humans and not super saiyans. They ain't invincible, they are not immortal, just people with strenght and weakness.

Kaidos is the strongest, claimed in a narrators box.
However, that doesn't mean he's invincible and unable to receive damage.
But that's exactly what was said.
It was stated that Kaidou got captured by Yonkou and Marines and no one was able to kill him.
If they could damage him, they can kill him. Kinemon can kill Kaidou, if he stabs him in his heart or head.
But appereantly they (Yonkou and Marines) couldn't which makes no sense.

Last edited:
But that's exactly what was said.
It was stated that Kaidou got captured by Yonkou and Marines and no one was able to kill him.
If they could damage him, they can kill him. Kinemon can kill Kaidou, if he stabs him in his heart or head.
But appereantly they couldn't which makes no sense.
I highly agree with this.

Goes to show that One Piece fans fall for hype waaaay too much.... Kaido was going to be defeated/maybe killed inevitably but everyone kept falling for the hype and let it blind them to the obvious direction of the narrative.

Kaido is definitely the strongest creature in the world at this point in time but he’s not immortal/invincible. I’m sure even Luffy will state that during their fight, it’s not like he’s a god or anything.

Well in reality the chapter prove that Kaido durability > anybody. An more specifically Kaido dragon scales> logia intangibility

U need AcoA to be capable of harming Kaido. We saw G4 attack Kaido with a barrage of attacks. Yet despite G4 freakiest physical strength, an hardening irrelevant to Kaido.

while with the admirals all u need is basic haki to bypass logia intangibility.

Also funny enough people seemly totally forgot we’ve yet to see Kaido scales imbued with CoA.
chapter proves that bartolomeo barrier, big mom and doffy's strings have better durability than kaido

chapter proves that bartolomeo barrier, big mom and doffy's strings have better durability than kaido
why’d u quote me? This doesn’t has much of anything to do with what I’m talkin about in my post?? I didn’t claim Kaido scales>> anything....

Anyway BM always was comparable to Kaido in durability, it was swordbois/admiral gang claiming otherwise. So they catch another L lls. Though we’ve yet to see how AcoA would interact with her durability, so ur jumping the gun.

BC an the barrier fruit are magical, them potentially being > scales isn’t impossible.

why’d u quote me? This doesn’t has much of anything to do with what I’m talkin about in my post?? I didn’t claim Kaido scales>> anything....

Anyway BM always was comparable to Kaido in durability, it was swordbois/admiral gang claiming otherwise. So they catch another L lls. Though we’ve yet to see how AcoA would interact with her durability, so ur jumping the gun.

BC an the barrier fruit are magical, them potentially being > scales isn’t impossible.
uh
"Well in reality the chapter prove that Kaido durability > anybody"
want to explain this then

kaido gets pierced by kinemon, conclusion , his durability is greater than anyone else for sure. lmao.
dont care if its magical
I stated a fact, you can make excuses for it
kaido is durable due to dragon scales and that might as well be his df as well. stop making silly excuses.