Break Week Oda's terrible sense of basic, fundamental power level writing

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Could you find a post of me claiming Dragon Ball was a master piece of storytelling? No? Then stop arguing with yourself.
Lol, I think you need to calm down man, this ain’t that serious. I’m not trying to “expose you” or “end your career” or any of that, you made a specific point and I responded to it with my opinion. No need for me to go searching through your post history
:suresure:

But I’m much more interested in discussing why OP power levels are trash, so HMU if you want to talk about that.

What is this even supposed to mean lol?

Random word salad
Eh well, many people here have English as a second language and the American reading level is sixth grade on average, so either way I feel you. Let's break this down:

OP vs HxH - more than double the chapters, vastly better art, vastly better sales. Outside of opinion OP is the obvious winner. That would be objective. Subjective means opinion.

I dont like Busta, I like Eminem. He is more technical than Busta and has meaning behind his lyrics. Or maybe, there is difference in delivery, Eminem sounds better. If you know, you know :cheers:
Well, everyone has meaning unless they're the kinda trash just making shit up to mumble through, like Future. Busta isn't Nas or Method but I put him pretty high from being so good live. Obviously Em would have respect for Busta, too. I don't actually care for Em but his skills are definitely the highest level. I think anyone who likes hip hop will come away from "Calm Down" respecting both.

Wow. You keep proving my point that you always jump to conclusions without knowing the context....

Yes, it has been established that Katakuri never falls on his back. Not that his durability is that good.
LMFAO you mean the same Katakuri who took a G4 attack head on and then purposely forced his head to hit the floor so that he wouldn’t fall down? Yep you’re making so much sense.
Post automatically merged:

What does my age or gender has to do with your thread? I just replied to your comment to give an alternative view of things and you are getting personal? Are you gonna follow this up with another "LMFAO I will block you for not having the same opinion as me and discussing with me on a discussion forum?" Or something something fanboy Oda apologist. :kayneshrug:
tell me your age. Why are you getting defensive just because I asked about your age? I find it really hard a male in their 20s will enjoy chapters about Tama.

Eh well, many people here have English as a second language and the American reading level is sixth grade on average, so either way I feel you. Let's break this down:

OP vs HxH - more than double the chapters, vastly better art, vastly better sales. Outside of opinion OP is the obvious winner. That would be objective. Subjective means opinion.
Ahh, Like lee33 said before, you're just a blind fanboy.

Carry on then.

Ahh, Like lee33 said before, you're just a blind fanboy.

Carry on then.
If we were talking about Oda's faults in writing I could list a dozen imo. But if I said something untrue about the objective comparison to Togashi, then show me a more productive release schedule, superior sales figure, or more impressive art sample.

LMFAO you mean the same Katakuri who took a G4 attack head on and then purposely forced his head to hit the floor so that he wouldn’t fall down? Yep you’re making so much sense.

tell me your age. Why are you getting defensive just because I asked about your age? I find it really hard a male in their 20s will enjoy chapters about Tama.
Male 25 btw, and I can enjoy some Tama chapters as much as I can enjoy an epic battle. I like the series as a whole. Are you happy now?

Power levels are very overrated and over discussed in general. There are plenty of instances in real life that the weak beat the strong not only vice versa. Which makes sense. So an argument about Apoo knocking out Luffy because he was just unaware of Apoo’s devil fruit and had no idea how to counter it is really invalid. I’m not saying One Piece is perfect when it comes to the power system but it definitely is blown out of proportion when people raise their eyebrows about such encounters. The most imbalanced character power wise would probably be Sanji.

Power levels are very overrated and over discussed in general. There are plenty of instances in real life that the weak beat the strong not only vice versa. Which makes sense. So an argument about Apoo knocking out Luffy because he was just unaware of Apoo’s devil fruit and had no idea how to counter it is really invalid. I’m not saying One Piece is perfect when it comes to the power system but it definitely is blown out of proportion when people raise their eyebrows about such encounters. The most imbalanced character power wise would probably be Sanji.
Go reread the thread, I never stated what you claimed. Y’all have serious reading comprehension issues.

Male 25 btw, and I can enjoy some Tama chapters as much as I can enjoy an epic battle. I like the series as a whole. Are you happy now?
You are the same age as me and you get excited by Tama chapters?