General & Others Oden and Boiling

I feel as though Oda hammering home the "Oden was meant to boil" thing is way passed foreshadowing at this point. Like it has come up so many times that I don't think Oda is doing it as his usual winks to dedicated fans. I think he deliberately wants everyone to know something bad is coming all the time. This is a bit outside of Oda's style so I think there's two possible reasons why he's doing this:
  1. He wants to lessen the Shock value of Oden's eventual gruesome death since he will in fact show Oden boiling alive, which is the most hardcore thing that will ever be shown in One Piece. I think Oda wants to mentally prepare readers for Oden's death so that he can get away with Showing something so horrific since very R-rated things usually get censored because the audience is too disturbed when they are caught off guard..... Little history note: People who got executed in this method back in Old Japan were BOILED IN OIL not Water so this is more gruesome than you probably think.
  2. Oden might be alive and Oda is hammering home his death for an elaborate red herring. I don't like this outcome but it's possible that's why this is being made so forefront.

M

MD Zolo

Probably the first one. It will reduce the gruesome nature of Oden's death. Plus if Oden screams that 'Oden is meant to boil' while laughing during his execution, that would be the most hard-boiled thing in OP.

Orochi: " You truly born to boil"
:pepehands:

Him being alive will be lame.
Something happened during the leap twenty years into the Future, and Oden turned into a child, the Momo we have been with is Oden, and the "real" Momo has been training and preparing (gathering allies, Weapons, ect) for the last Twenty years, and will come at the Climax of the War, when the Alliance looks like they are at the end of the line, and he will turn the tide of the war.

M

MD Zolo

Something happened during the leap twenty years into the Future, and Oden turned into a child, the Momo we have been with is Oden, and the "real" Momo has been training and preparing (gathering allies, Weapons, ect) for the last Twenty years, and will come at the Climax of the War, when the Alliance looks like they are at the end of the line, and he will turn the tide of the war.
Child Oden is a lot more powerful than our Momonusuke. I think Oden started a harem began warring at Momonusuke's age.

M

MD Zolo

1) awesome Danny Phantom Avatar.
2) he could be hiding his true strength for some reason.
1. Thanks. Found it on DeviantArt. Been meaning to do it for a while.

2. There is no hint of that so far. Momo has genuinely been portrayed as a hapless and clueless boy so far, but anything's possible I guess.

:believe:

I'm more curious about how they hold Oden in place long enough for him to boil. He took 3 days of hanging on to a chain at sea while he was bitten, slammed, frozen, etc, probably even boiled in hot sea water.

1) They hold someone hostage, Oden makes the sacrifice.
2) Oden is honor bound. Like they told Zoro to commit seppeku, Oden boils himself.
3) Seaprism stone chains. It wouldn't affect Oden, but no one in the series has yet to break this material with raw strength (and not hax like Law's power)
4) He's severely weakened. Kaido beat him and Oden lacked the strength to resist after.
5) Oden is mentally broken somehow and he can't fight back anymore. Cruel and unlikely.

I'm more curious about how they hold Oden in place long enough for him to boil. He took 3 days of hanging on to a chain at sea while he was bitten, slammed, frozen, etc, probably even boiled in hot sea water.

1) They hold someone hostage, Oden makes the sacrifice.
2) Oden is honor bound. Like they told Zoro to commit seppeku, Oden boils himself.
3) Seaprism stone chains. It wouldn't affect Oden, but no one in the series has yet to break this material with raw strength (and not hax like Law's power)
4) He's severely weakened. Kaido beat him and Oden lacked the strength to resist after.
5) Oden is mentally broken somehow and he can't fight back anymore. Cruel and unlikely.
Maybe told his family would be killed if he resists.

I feel as though Oda hammering home the "Oden was meant to boil" thing is way passed foreshadowing at this point. Like it has come up so many times that I don't think Oda is doing it as his usual winks to dedicated fans. I think he deliberately wants everyone to know something bad is coming all the time. This is a bit outside of Oda's style so I think there's two possible reasons why he's doing this:
  1. He wants to lessen the Shock value of Oden's eventual gruesome death since he will in fact show Oden boiling alive, which is the most hardcore thing that will ever be shown in One Piece. I think Oda wants to mentally prepare readers for Oden's death so that he can get away with Showing something so horrific since very R-rated things usually get censored because the audience is too disturbed when they are caught off guard..... Little history note: People who got executed in this method back in Old Japan were BOILED IN OIL not Water so this is more gruesome than you probably think.
  2. Oden might be alive and Oda is hammering home his death for an elaborate red herring. I don't like this outcome but it's possible that's why this is being made so forefront.