General & Others Oh no

The original text, in Japanese, about Bepo and Zoro appearing in that cover of chapter 1031 makes it a lot more clear that Oda did not choose the characters based on strength, especially because of the use of 勝手に, which gives a strong impression of thoughtlessness in the decision to choose those No.2s;
And there's really a false translation in the text provided by EtenBoby: Oda didn't say that he "picked out" them; Oda said that he 'picked up' them, and there's a relevant difference in meaning between these two, because "pick out" gives the impression of distinguishing them from the rest, and that's not what Oda did; Oda just picked up (ピックアップした) those characters.
There's no indication in the text that he chose them based on strength, so it seems a lot more likely that Oda just chose the characters based on how cool they would look together in the cover.

Also, what Oda wrote about Bepo's Sulong form actually does the opposite of confirming that Bepo was chosen for being the strongest of the three;
Oda wrote that in normal circumstances Shachi and Penguin are more reliable, but due to the fact that they saw Bepo's Sulong transformation, they recognize that in terms of strength in battle (戦力的に) they can't match Bepo.
This is not an acknowledgement that they are really overall weaker than Bepo as combatants; It just means that they can't reach the same level of strength that Bepo has while he is in his Sulong form, which is not relevant considering how they are stronger than Bepo during all the rest of the time.
The Mink's can only use their Sulong transformation at night, and only when there's a full moon for them to look at, which doesn't happen every night, so Bepo's powerful weapon that allows him to become stronger than Shachi and Penguin is a very situational thing, and definitely not some kind of superiority for one to brag about.
During by far most of the time both Shachi and Penguin are stronger than Bepo, so they are the ones who are overall stronger than Bepo, and clearly not the other way around.
And this is a clear proof that being drawn in that chapter cover did not necessarily mean being the second strongest of the crew.

And Oda didn't even mention Jean Bart in the comparison, since the person was just asking about whether or not Bepo was stronger than Shachi and Penguin in his Sulong form.
So there's not even any confirmation that Bepo is stronger than Jean Bart. Jean Bart may be actually stronger than Bepo even in his Sulong form.

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPPQInmWUAobp8y?format=jpg&name=large
Post automatically merged:

Luffy confirmed stronger than Zoro? Damn but I was told they were equal or that Zoro is stronger.
No, Luffy was not confirmed stronger than Zoro, nor was Sanji confirmed weaker than Luffy or Zoro.

People are being misled by some bad translation and terrible interpretations of the text.

Oda did the opposite of confirming that those characters were chosen to be in the cover based on strength.

Last edited:
Calm dawn lol...

Zoro is the VC or the 2nd or whatever you will call it. And yes he is stronger as Sanji.

You see... It is this easy.

Still both are the wings and Sanji is 3rd. Same as monster trio.

oh no, Loro not a Vice Captain should be the high lights. everybody knows zoro is "slightly" stronger than sanji. like king queen, zolo fought the stronger opponent, but ended up, getting beat up more than sanji. like kaku jabra, their doriki arent far ahead.

kaku is slightlystronger jabra, and doriki proves that
No, he's not.
Jabra is much stronger than Kaku, and his carnivorous zoan devil fruit for a lot more time against a herbivorous zoan devil fruit just eaten proves that.

Also Sanji is still stronger than Zoro. Oda didn't even remotely imply that Zoro is stronger than Sanji in that SBS.

Last edited:
No, he's not.
Jabra is much stronger than Kaku, and his carnivorous zoan devil fruit for a lot more time against a herbivorous zoan devil fruit just eaten proves that.

Also Sanji is still stronger than Zoro. Oda didn't even remotely imply that Zoro is stronger than Sanji in that SBS.
Even biggest sanji fans admit zoro is stronger, you must be so insecure and intelligently dishonest, to believe in 2+2=5. It pains me that people like you exist.

Even biggest sanji fans admit zoro is stronger, you must be so insecure and intelligently dishonest, to believe in 2+2=5. It pains me that people like you exist.
Only false Sanji fans believe Zoro is stronger than Sanji.

Everyone who can read a manga properly knows it perfectly well that Sanji is stronger than Zoro, which has been made clear many times throughout the series, starting with the fact that Sanji is the one who fought the stronger officer (Kuroobi) the moment the monster trio was formed, while also having to carry the burden of saving Luffy underwater.

And, no, I'm not one of those idiots who relativise truth; I'm always defending the importance of studying reality while recognizing that there is an absolute truth.

It's ironic that I'm being accused of being "insecure" by an autistic idiot who is using his username to literally say he's superior to other people...

Zoro being stronger than Sanji was never a debate, you don't consistently give a character the stronger foe if you intend for said character to look inferior; on that front most of us are in agreement. The real funny part of this comes from the people who are pretending like this SBS does anything other than confirm the invalidity of the widely accepted headcanon that Zoro holds any form of offical superiority above Sanji, or any crewmember for that matter. A petty diversion so transparent it's comical, the majority of this fanbase knows the edge Zoro holds over Sanji in combat, but the same majority had no idea that Oda in fact views them on the same figurative pedestal, which should have been obvious as per Robins now notorious description of the duo, yes a duo, a duo that's described in the most equal way two individuals can be described....."Wings", two equal parts that function at a nigh indistinguishable level to allow their captain to soar. This truth is the one that will change how the audience now will view this pair and pretending like it's about anything else is the very definition of a coping deflection.

Only false Sanji fans believe Zoro is stronger than Sanji.

Everyone who can read a manga properly knows it perfectly well that Sanji is stronger than Zoro, which has been made clear many times throughout the series, starting with the fact that Sanji is the one who fought the stronger officer (Kuroobi) the moment the monster trio was formed, while also having to carry the burden of saving Luffy underwater.

And, no, I'm not one of those idiots who relativise truth; I'm always defending the importance of studying reality while recognizing that there is an absolute truth.

It's ironic that I'm being accused of being "insecure" by an autistic idiot who is using his username to literally say he's superior to other people...
One word that describes you " Young Retard