General & Others On a scale of 1-10 How Close are you to Dropping One Piece?

How close are you?

• Total voters
Oda's delusional when it comes to the scabbards and co. Literally ate up all the panel time to do nothing in reality. Only like 4-5 of them should even exist.
Kawamatsu was completely useless

Kiku was also completely useless and was probably just added to the story to pander to trans people

Raizo did nothing, but at least he was unique by being a ninja instead of samurai. Wasn’t even needed for the Zou plot. Could’ve just had Kanjuro snitch that two of Oden’s retainers rule Zou, and have Jack attack Zou for that reason. Or just have Kanjuro himself take Raizo’s place on Zou, which would make his betrayal sting even more. Kanjuro also would make more sense as a ninja than as a samurai.

Ashura Doji’s character could have just been fused into Denjiro’s character, and Kawamatsu could have also been fused into Denjiro’s character. Have Denjiro be the former gang leader that Oden was famous for beating and then recruiting to his cause. Have Denjiro smuggle Hiyori away and raise her in secret from the get-go instead of having her with Kawamatsu for 7 years and then handed to Denjiro. Have Denjiro be the Yakuza leader under Orochi, while also secretly funding the rebels in Kuri.

So the only Scabbards that really should have been in the story were Kinemon, Kanjuro, Izo, Denjiro, Inuarashi, and Nekomamushi. Would have saved up much more screentime having only 6 Scabbards instead of 10. Arguably, Inu and Neko could have been merged together into one character, but I think their dynamic was interesting enough to justify their existence

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Kawamatsu was completely useless

Kiku was also completely useless and was probably just added to the story to pander to trans people

Raizo did nothing, but at least he was unique by being a ninja instead of samurai. Wasn’t even needed for the Zou plot. Could’ve just had Kanjuro snitch that two of Oden’s retainers rule Zou, and have Jack attack Zou for that reason. Or just have Kanjuro himself take Raizo’s place on Zou, which would make his betrayal sting even more. Kanjuro also would make more sense as a ninja than as a samurai.

Ashura Doji’s character could have just been fused into Denjiro’s character, and Kawamatsu could have also been fused into Denjiro’s character. Have Denjiro be the former gang leader that Oden was famous for beating and then recruiting to his cause. Have Denjiro smuggle Hiyori away and raise her in secret from the get-go instead of having her with Kawamatsu for 7 years and then handed to Denjiro. Have Denjiro be the Yakuza leader under Orochi, while also secretly funding the rebels in Kuri.

So the only Scabbards that really should have been in the story were Kinemon, Kanjuro, Izo, Denjiro, Inuarashi, and Nekomamushi. Would have saved up much more screentime having only 6 Scabbards instead of 10. Arguably, Inu and Neko could have been merged together into one character, but I think their dynamic was interesting enough to justify their existence
If only Oda didn't have a 1 trait per character limit. Oda will literally create a character for a punchline.

I will never get over Oda reviving pound in a cover story. His editor must be fucking braindead to let Oda ruin his own story like this.

Pound's death was one of the highlights of WCI. It was literally one of the best moments of the arc. Oda could have just let it be, but he fucking shat all over it.
Post automatically merged:

imo, OP is like Whitebeard in marineford. Its still one of the best manga out there, but its far past its prime and there are other manga even within jump that are more enjoyable.

I think My hero academia and demon slayer were all much better than the past few years of OP.

I will never get over Oda reviving pound in a cover story. His editor must be fucking braindead to let Oda ruin his own story like this.

Pound's death was one of the highlights of WCI. It was literally one of the best moments of the arc. Oda could have just let it be, but he fucking shat all over it.
Post automatically merged:

imo, OP is like Whitebeard in marineford. Its still one of the best manga out there, but its far past its prime and there are other manga even within jump that are more enjoyable.

I think My hero academia and demon slayer were all much better than the past few years of OP.
The Will of P :myman:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Ehh, the series is about to wrap up. I'm too invested at this point to drop. Especially now that we're at the stage where the longest running plotpoints are about to unravel. I'd be doing myself a disservice not to at least see how it all plays out.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Drop it permanently? Nah. I may stop reading weekly though and let the series finish or near its end. I wanna see if there is any Mihawk action or interesting developments before doing that though.