News ONE PIECE 7TH Characters Popularity Poll Announcement !!

Why does it bother me that one of the core characters of a series who was once a great character with a great design, turned into this sorry ass merch bait?
This can be literally applied to every SH post TS...
All of them became merch bait to a certain extent.
The girls got the worst part with ridiculously weird bodies.
The boys got their muscles buffed and their quirks exagerated to the max.
So you are right but selective too.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
This can be literally applied to every SH post TS...
All of them became merch bait to a certain extent.
The bolded is the key here. To a certain extent.

I'm definitely being selective, for good reason. Lack of panel time hurts Chopper more than any SH given how irrelevant he is even when he gets panel time. Issue is he can do so much more, even concerning battle. This just highlights him as a merch mover more than anything, his overtly "cute" redesign for literally every single one of his forms doesn't help his case.
Post automatically merged:

That's where you're wrong. It's clear in odas mind he's not merchandising him enough. He will not rest until he surpasses pikachu !
You're probably right. I didn't think of that, for real that might be his goal with the character. To surpass Pikachu worldwide.

P

PeperLevi

The best thing to come out of this poll was not seeing Chopper in the top 10. Maybe this will influence Oda to write/draw something more than a stuffed toy.

Japan's infatuation with cute things was the only thing keeping this free merch ad relevant in the polls.
You're not the right people to criticize Chopper. You said back there that "Sanji will always be the top 3 most popular character" when he in fact is a terrible character and not deserve all the praise people give him.
And the wait for Chopper's spotlights paid off in the latest chapters. Chopper injured Queen with a nameless attack,like this starting a battle between them soon. None Straw Hat came close of something like this in all New World.
@LolonoisZolo @HA001 @Zowo @Ice devil slayer @Fenaker @Guymieux @Marimo_420 @Topi Jerami @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @The White Crane @Orojackson Refugee @Luffy bin Dragon @nik87

The bolded is the key here. To a certain extent.

I'm definitely being selective, for good reason. Lack of panel time hurts Chopper more than any SH given how irrelevant he is even when he gets panel time. Issue is he can do so much more, even concerning battle. This just highlights him as a merch mover more than anything, his overtly "cute" redesign for literally every single one of his forms doesn't help his case.
Post automatically merged:

You're probably right. I didn't think of that, for real that might be his goal with the character. To surpass Pikachu worldwide.
Hahahah the ''Pikachu'' one is good
How about Robin ?
Sanji ?
Franky :( ?
These are the ones who took the biggest hit imo as they are clearly made to apeal to a certain type of people, mostly japanese ofc.
Chopper should have grown, I concede that but when you look at Luffy's behaviour since day 1 in the New world you can't blame it on Chopper to stay childish and fluffy and appeal to kids/girls when Luffy is exactly the same lol
Then again who am I to contradict your tastes as everyone his own. ''De gustibus et coloribus''
For me it's just a continuation and exageration of the ''quirk'' he had

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
You're not the right people to criticize Chopper. You said back there that "Sanji will always be the top 3 most popular character" when he in fact is a terrible character and not deserve all the praise people give him.
And the wait for Chopper's spotlights paid off in the latest chapters. Chopper injured Queen with a nameless attack,like this starting a battle between them soon. None Straw Hat came close of something like this in all New World.
@LolonoisZolo @HA001 @Zowo @Ice devil slayer @Fenaker @Guymieux @Marimo_420 @Topi Jerami @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @The White Crane @Orojackson Refugee @Luffy bin Dragon @nik87
Dw Sanji is in the gutter as well, but fortunately for him he's a legacy character who can rely on his glory days to maintain popularity. He's reached heights Chopper will never reach, his fanbase isn't just gonna disappear.

Oda himself confirmed that Lanji is finished forever as character after Totto Land Arc,like this establishing him as living garbage,and there is plenty of people that still worshiping Lanji like he really is as great as they think.
I don't feel sorrow for these people. It's their own fault that they live a lie. Actually,it has become my hobby of every day to read these people's stupidity and sadness.
@LolonoisZolo @Zowo @Ice devil slayer @Fenaker @HA001 @Guymieux @nik87 @Topi Jerami @Marimo_420 @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @The White Crane @Orojackson Refugee @Luffy bin Dragon
Aren't you the same user who always gets triggered when someone criticizes Chopper, and also gets angry users when they don't agree with you about Chopper.

You are also the same user who blocks anyone who either criticizes Chopper or doesn't agree with you about Chopper.

Some Sanji fans can at least take the criticism and the hate, but you apparently can't take any criticism or hate against Chopper and will instead block anyone who disagrees with you.

Also get ready to be salty when Chopper doesn't fight Queen and Sanji fights him instead, you need to face reality that Chopper's focus post timeskip has not been that good but of course you aren't going to listen because you are blinded by bias.

Momo failing to crack even top 150, despite all the focus he's received, is embarrassing.
In contrast, Tama ranked 66th for the midterm results.

Yeah, its hard to write little boys without making them obnoxious and annoying (thinking about Anakin Skywalker in episode 1). Instead of making him a perverted little gremlin, Oda should have depicted Momo like a young Zoro by showing him being a hard worker, and lifting heavy things.

In contrast, Tama ranked 66th for the midterm results.

Yeah, its hard to write little boys without making them obnoxious and annoying (thinking about Anakin Skywalker in episode 1). Instead of making him a perverted little gremlin, Oda should have depicted Momo like a young Zoro by showing him being a hard worker, and lifting heavy things.

Oda's to limited in pages to do so... we did get a small amount with all of that snunatch thing.

Oda himself confirmed that Lanji is finished forever as character after Totto Land Arc,like this establishing him as living garbage,and there is plenty of people that still worshiping Lanji like he really is as great as they think.
I don't feel sorrow for these people. It's their own fault that they live a lie. Actually,it has become my hobby of every day to read these people's stupidity and sadness.
@LolonoisZolo @Zowo @Ice devil slayer @Fenaker @HA001 @Guymieux @nik87 @Topi Jerami @Marimo_420 @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @The White Crane @Orojackson Refugee @Luffy bin Dragon
I share your sentiment, but only as far as manga readers goes, because I still feel a little pity for the anime only Sanji fans who think RS Sanji will have a prominent role against Kaido.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Instead of making him a perverted little gremlin
This is my problem with him as well. He comes with the burdens of being a kid character without the naturally endearing qualities which come from being a kid due to how self aware he's presented.

Going further with your Kid Zoro suggestion, I think Yahiko from Rurouni Kenshin is exactly what you're asking for. He was a headstrong brat who desired to be a great samurai just like his father before him. He grew steadily strong with each arc, and eventually inherited Kenshin's sakabato (reverse blade). His relationship with Kaoru was also much better, being a cross between unruly siblings and master/student, and less offputting than Momo's interactions with Nami, which only reduced to her as cushion for his lecherousness. It feels a little unfair for me to compare Momo to Yahiko, though, since the latter is a primary cast member who has some of the best development in the series, whereas Momo is just a supporting character for the Wano saga, even if he's an important one. But what I'm getting at is, Momo should be written a little more like a little boy. Heck, scenes showing him training with Zoro, developing his male interactions a bit, could go a long way. It would also show Zoro as more of a mentor, highlighting his maturation over his journey.

I still think it's possible in writing him as the unassuming kid and making it work, since Oda's intent was for Momo to be so far removed from his dad, even having a bald head to contrast with Oden's crazy flat-top.