News ONE PIECE 7TH Characters Popularity Poll Announcement !!

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I just think Momo and Kinemon are not good enough characters to allocate them that much screentime.
I think Kin is fine, but I understand where you are coming from. Too much of their character is tied to a dead man.

I do think Tashigi would have been a much more endearing choice as a temporary travel companion. In my headcanon, something bad happens to Smoker on PH because of Doflamingo. Tashigi decides to travel with the SH to take down the Warlord in DR . This time she emerges victorious from her opponent and save a Kingdom by her own strength which would have been a phenomenal character development for her.
I would've loved for something like that on Wano, where the stakes are naturally at their highest, and would force unlikely partnerships between Tashigi and the Straw Hats.

To me, breathing room was necessary after Punk Hazard established that G-5 and the Straw Hats were getting close. But if we need an inciting incident to get Tashigi to team up with the crew, I think it could've been done during their trip to Vegapunk, or they receive some news about Wano weeks before the Raid, forcing her and whoever else to head there.

But beyond the logistics, yeah, her interactions with the various crew members would be fun. I'd still like for some Marines allies around her to help bounce off the crew better. The end of Punk Hazard with the Marines and Pirates partying is one of my favorite moments of the series, and an extension of something like that would make what's happening on Wano so much more compelling.

Imagine something like Tashigi scolding Usopp and telling him to get his act together, Franky leading the G-5 troops, or back-to-back banter between The Captain and Zoro while they take out a hoard of Gifters.

I do think charismatic characters need others to balance out their personalities. For instance, I find Law really boring but his abilities, and design really make up for him in the polls. I think he was more endearing as a character when Bepo was not a side character because his cute personality brought a nice contrast to Law's bad boy and edgier attitude.
Law's most interesting interactions were indeed when he lost his shit, like in nearly every interaction he had with the SHs. :milaugh:

Another example, Iron Man 2 is essentially Tony Stark messing around for two hours and it was kinda of boring. In contrast, RDJ shines more when he is put against Captain America in Civil War.
Man, I agree with you. Iron Man 1 is still Marvel's best origin story, so I don't know how they could fucked up 2 and 3 like that. That Mandarin fake-out in 3 was fucking stupid. But you're spot on about his character dynamic with Cap, though. Pitting Tony Stark against Cap ever since The Avengers (and later making him a father figure to Peter) really helped make them far more compelling characters. Still the best and most interesting superhero dynamics in pop culture. :steef:

Oda has failed to create some kind of interesting dynamics with Momo with any characters including Luffy. Kiri and I are just pointing out how Oda could make his character more interesting.
:cheers:

I think what also hurts Momo in popularity is his motivation as a character (saving his people) which had been done to death and done much better in Vivi.

I maintain that one of Oda's biggest blunders remains not introducing Yamato in PH (instead of Momo and Kin). Having the daughter of a great pirate betrays her own father by helping out the Samurais before meeting the SHs by chance would have introduced a new motivation on the story and the crew (helping to carry out a successful betrayal by saving another country, instead of just simply saving another country).

I just think Momo and Kinemon are not good enough characters to allocate them that much screentime. I do think Tashigi would have been a much more endearing choice as a temporary travel companion. In my headcanon, something bad happens to Smoker on PH because of Doflamingo. Tashigi decides to travel with the SH to take down the Warlord in DR . This time she emerges victorious from her opponent and save a Kingdom by her own strength which would have been a phenomenal character development for her. She has really a high degree of chemistry with the main characters because as you said she is the boring bookish school counselor type surrounded by weirdos which clicks immediately (fish out of water).
Now I really want to see this. Good call. :cheers: