News ONE PIECE 7TH Characters Popularity Poll Announcement !!

Suprisingly? I've been talking about this for years. Haven't you seen how much views videos about Zoro get; haven't you seen how much Oda has been pushing Zoro for sake of marketing purposes; haven't you seen how much Zorofans are around just in general-in every forum, websites etc.

I've been saying this for years and I'll say it again: Zorofans are the BIGGEST fanbase in one piece and as long as they are satisfied one piece will remain popular. You can understand what that means in terms of character portrayal and importance.
Like I said earlier, I knew he was popular but I didnt know he was popular to the extend that it looks like he is the undisputed king when it comes to OP popularity.

I thought overall Luffy was the most popular as he always won the popularity pols that were released in the past.

This is also more shocking for me considering the fact that chapter 1000 was a Luffy chapter. Couple that with the major fights he has had throughout the new world, I thought that would have boosted his popularity even more but Zoro is just crushing him despite not doing much in the new world.

As for Oda pushing Zoro when it comes to marketing, I have not really seen it. In all honesty I am ignorant when it comes to marketing drive for op so that can explain why I never noticed Oda pushing Zoro with that regard. Do you have examples of the marketing push

With regards to Zoro fans, i know there are a lot but didnt know they were this much globally as well as in Japan. that they even make Zoro number 1 in Japan. Luffy always won over there, so am suprised he has been dethroned.
Post automatically merged:

With these pol results, it is almost like all Zoro fans just came out of the wood works to proven that he is the most popular. Cause if he was as popular as he is in Japan as the current pols show. He would have been wining every pol that was held in Japan.

So either Zoro fans in Japan never cared about the pols before or they never knew about them or they were just waiting for a big even to rally and vote for him like they are doing now

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, I knew he was popular but I didnt know he was popular to the extend that it looks like he is the undisputed king when it comes to OP popularity.
You just never paid attention to it, like I said it's nothing new, Zoro was always insanely popular.
I thought overall Luffy was the most popular as he always won the popularity pols that were released in the past.
Well, it's not that easy and straight, people always look on the surface and never care what's beneath. First of all, the gap between Luffy and Zoro was always ridiculously small, like 100 points or so... look 👇

The gap between Luffy and Zoro here is only 154 points, which is nothing essentially. While the gap between them was changing time to time it always remained very, very small.

Second, the previous polls weren't open for every one piece reader in Japan, so the amount of votes were always limited, we also don't know when they were actually stopping the count of votes, it was always strange to me that Zoro was always behind Luffy with few hundred votes but never could reach to him... ham.🤔😑🙄 strange, isn't it!?
Also, Oda himself said that "he was afraid that Zoro might be more popular than Luffy", which clearly shows how much important it is for them (at least for Oda) that Luffy remained the number one.

Third, post-timskip changed Zoro's portrayal, in pre-timskip Zoro was always beneath Luffy in feats and portrayal. In post-timskip Oda changed it, In almost every post-timskip arc Zoro was portrayed to be somewhat on Luffy's level like: Zoro cutting Pica=Luffy destroying Dressrosa, Luffy fighting Fujitora=Zoro clashing Fujitora etc. And now in Wano Zoro stands beside Luffy in fight against Kaido and he's going to damage him significantly.

Forth, some Luffy-fans converted into Zoro-fans. Between stupid kid and badass swordsmen (even though Zoro isn't badass at all) people will always choose the badass swordsmen, unless the stupid kid is stronger which was true in pre-timskip. But in post-timskip when som Luffy fans saw that Zoro had Ryou since Alabasta unlike Luffy, when they saw Zoro fighting against Fujitora in stamped and Luffy barely defeated Bullet in team fight, after Zoro vs Kaido they changed the sides.

And Zoro was always, ALWAYS more popular than Luffy outside of Japan, it's just fact.

This is also more shocking for me considering the fact that chapter 1000 was a Luffy chapter. Couple that with the major fights he has had throughout the new world, I thought that would have boosted his popularity even more but Zoro is just crushing him despite not doing much in the new world.
Chapter 1000th wasn't about Luffy, yes it was called "Strowhat Luffy" but the chapter was clearly about the worstgen.

As for Oda pushing Zoro when it comes to marketing, I have not really seen it. In all honesty I am ignorant when it comes to marketing drive for op so that can explain why I never noticed Oda pushing Zoro with that regard. Do you have examples of the marketing push
Tell me a single Zoro agenda that was proven to be wrong, you can't find one. Unless you go to the most extreme Zoro agendas which will never happen.

With regards to Zoro fans, i know there are a lot but didnt know they were this much globally as well as in Japan. that they even make Zoro number 1 in Japan. Luffy always won over there, so am suprised he has been dethroned.
Back then not all one piece fans could vote even in Japan, but I explained it in more detail above.

Last edited:

Otherwise, great writeup, Oda has been secretly manipulating the Japanese polls to make Lufy win, it's all clear now
:smart:
#Odaexposed #Zorogate
I don't wanna start a shit show here (so we can discuss it private if you want) but Zoro has the so called "fake hype" an arrogant alcoholic with mountain like eyebrows, there's nothing badass in it. Badass characters are like Shanks, Rayleigh, Whitbeard before chapter 999 etc.

yj

👑YNWA 👑
I don't wanna start a shit show here (so we can discuss it private if you want) but Zoro has the so called "fake hype" an arrogant alcoholic with mountain like eyebrows, there's nothing badass in it. Badass characters are like Shanks, Rayleigh, Whitbeard before chapter 999 etc.
zoro aint even arrogant learn to distinguish the difference between arrogance and confidence. if zoro was arrogant he wouldn't have bowed down to Mihawk his rival to teach him same way he wouldn’t have sacrificed himself for the crew back in tb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do u know what is garbage about this poll? That it's boring to follow. Don't get me wrong. The battle for the first place is interesting but I really wanna know how the other characters are doing. Like it was cool to see Usopp being popular in Africa, Robin in Asia and so on.

They should have given as at least a Top 10 in the hot daily characters list :doffycry:

You just never paid attention to it, like I said it's nothing new, Zoro was always insanely popular.

Well, it's not that easy and straight, people always look on the surface and never care what's beneath. First of all, the gap between Luffy and Zoro was always ridiculously small, like 100 points or so... look 👇

The gap between Luffy and Zoro here is only 154 points, which is nothing essentially. While the gap between them was changing time to time it always remained very, very small.

Second, the previous polls weren't open for every one piece reader in Japan, so the amount of votes were always limited, we also don't know when they were actually stopping the count of votes, it was always strange to me that Zoro was always behind Luffy with few hundred votes but never could reach to him... ham.🤔😑🙄 strange, isn't it!?
Also, Oda himself said that "he was afraid that Zoro might be more popular than Luffy", which clearly shows how much important it is for them (at least for Oda) that Luffy remained the number one.

Third, post-timskip changed Zoro's portrayal, in pre-timskip Zoro was always beneath Luffy in feats and portrayal. In post-timskip Oda changed it, In almost every post-timskip arc Zoro was portrayed to be somewhat on Luffy's level like: Zoro cutting Pica=Luffy destroying Dressrosa, Luffy fighting Fujitora=Zoro clashing Fujitora etc. And now in Wano Zoro stands beside Luffy in fight against Kaido and he's going to damage him significantly.

Forth, some Luffy-fans converted into Zoro-fans. Between stupid kid and badass swordsmen (even though Zoro isn't badass at all) people will always choose the badass swordsmen, unless the stupid kid is stronger which was true in pre-timskip. But in post-timskip when som Luffy fans saw that Zoro had Ryou since Alabasta unlike Luffy, when they saw Zoro fighting against Fujitora in stamped and Luffy barely defeated Bullet in team fight, after Zoro vs Kaido they changed the sides.

And Zoro was always, ALWAYS more popular than Luffy outside of Japan, it's just fact.

Chapter 1000th wasn't about Luffy, yes it was called "Strowhat Luffy" but the chapter was clearly about the worstgen.

Tell me a single Zoro agenda that was proven to be wrong, you can't find one. Unless you go to the most extreme Zoro agendas which will never happen.

Back then not all one piece fans could vote even in Japan, but I explained it in more detail above.
Thanks.

I didnt know the differencr between the 2 was so small. Now that you mention it, it seems strange that he was always befind by that small margin.

I never knew Oda was afraid of Zoro becoming more popular than Luffy. I wonder why that is the case. He designed both so not sure why he is afraid of 1 character being more popular than the other. It is not like one piece would end cause Zoro got more popular.

I never knew Oda was afraid of Zoro becoming more popular than Luffy. I wonder why that is the case. He designed both so not sure why he is afraid of 1 character being more popular than the other. It is not like one piece would end cause Zoro got more popular.
It's very simple actually. one piece is a business first and foremost and only after that a storytelling, Oda's main goal is to keep the audience that he alredy has and also attract a new one; the more people read one piece the more money it'll make.

The only way to keep the reader is to make sure that the BIGGEST FANBASE stays happy, otherwise they will stop reading it. If the biggest fanbase is the main character fanbase then it's ok for Oda, he doesn't need to change anything to make them happy, but what if it changes... with Zoro becoming the number one it'll force Oda to change Zoro's portrayal and make him more important then he was meant to be. All of this explains Zoro's portrayal in new world and current Wano situation, in the future Zoro will become even more popular so Oda will eventually be forced to make him as important as Luffy.

His introduction is him drinking

Holding a keg for his drink

What are you even talking about? :ronalaugh:
Drinking and abusing alcohol is different thing my frend.

It's very simple actually. one piece is a business first and foremost and only after that a storytelling, Oda's main goal is to keep the audience that he alredy has and also attract a new one; the more people read one piece the more money it'll make.

The only way to keep the reader is to make sure that the BIGGEST FANBASE stays happy, otherwise they will stop reading it. If the biggest fanbase is the main character fanbase then it's ok for Oda, he doesn't need to change anything to make them happy, but what if it changes... with Zoro becoming the number one it'll force Oda to change Zoro's portrayal and make him more important then he was meant to be. All of this explains Zoro's portrayal in new world and current Wano situation, in the future Zoro will become even more popular so Oda will eventually be forced to make him as important as Luffy.

Drinking and abusing alcohol is different thing my frend.
Ohh I see what you mean.
So long as Luffy is the most popular, the fans will automatically get fan service etc as Oda will always write about Lutffy etc.

However, if Zoro is the most popular it might force Oda to chance his plans. Timelines etc. If it turns out Zoro is most popular and we have another situation like wci where Zoro is not involved for years on end, a lot of fan will just tune out which will reduce the sales etc. This actually happened with me. I am a Zoro fan. I stopped reading during wci and only returned when wano started again with Zoro being present. I just looked at highlights of wci.

I wonder if you have the sales numbers for wci? If Zoro has always been the most popular, I believe there should have been a drop in sales for the wci vols compared to the other vols

Last edited:
Ohh I see what you mean.
So long as Luffy is the most popular, the fans will automatically get fan service etc as Oda will always write about Lutffy etc.

However, if Zoro is the most popular it might force Oda to chance his plans. Timelines etc. If it turns out Zoro is most popular and we have another situation like wci where Zoro is not involved for years on end, a lot of fan will just tune out which will reduce the sales etc. This actually happened with me. I am a Zoro fan. I stopped reading during wci and only returned when wano started again with Zoro being present. I just looked at highlights of wci.

I wonder if you have the sales numbers for wci? If Zoro has always been the most popular, I believe there should have been a drop in sales for the wci vols compared to the other vols
I don't have them, unfortunately it takes a lot of time to find them by the date of the sales, either way your situation shows that Luffy and his dream will be sacrificed. Luffy is losing the number one position and Oda will make WSS title equal to pairet king title, that's inevitable at this point.

For example: Zoro is fighting against Kaido whiteout fighting against YC first or going all out, that's not something that Oda would have done previously.

Last edited: