One Piece Chapter 1,072: "The weight of memory."

Rate ?

• Total voters

Gol D. Roger

ศถษฆษ› ึ„ษจส€วŸศถษ› ำ„ษจีผษข
โ€Ž
Forced awakening not true awakening
Confirmed by who? The most brilliant mind in OP leaves awakening up to chance because even he doesn't know if he could do it. The sash argument doesn't work because Yamato always maintains it:

Unless you think she's always using awakening every time she uses awakening, it's not an undeniable trademark for awakening either. Personality shifts and slight transformations are also some of the dominant traits observed in awakened users, and Kaido has both. I don't see why it's okay to use one similarity to confirm "awakened" status while it's not okay to use the other more dominant traits.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
โ€Ž
Confirmed by who? The most brilliant mind in OP leaves awakening up to chance because even he doesn't know if he could do it. The sash argument doesn't work because Yamato always maintains it:

Unless you think she's always using awakening every time she uses awakening, it's not an undeniable trademark for awakening either. Personality shifts and slight transformations are also some of the dominant traits observed in awakened users, and Kaido has both. I don't see why it's okay to use one similarity to confirm "awakened" status while it's not okay to use the other more dominant traits.
????

Who says they don't keep the sash when they transform ???

Who said awakening is just for hybrid ???

Vegapunk the perfectionist is obviously talking on a true awakening

P0 = Pacifista 0
16 with an arrow pointing towards it = ?
16 inches

fuck it actually does make sense kaku is awakened. he was autistically obsessed with giraffes before he even got that devil fruit, so his mind and body are perfectly suited to awakening
Zoans are the easiest to replicate and probably the hardest to awaken because the user has to match the fruit's will while paramecia and logia don't have a will. :quest:

Read the chapter. A few things I found interesting:

1) The reference to Kuma and his ability. I am wondering if VegaPunk was not lying when he described the bubble as "Kuma's pain". We know that Kuma could separate physical pain and exhaustion - and it is indicated by Bonney that she can tell the difference, and that it is not that. But what about mental or emotional pain and trauma? Especially the type caused by bad memories or a traumatic and tragic backstory?

It is possible that the bubble containing Kuma's memories or past may have mental and emotional trauma attached to them, and thus perhaps VegaPunk was not lying. Not literal pain, but by engaging with Kuma's tragedy you will feel a broken heart, and so... pain.

2) Stussy. I can say I am neither surprised or unsurprising by this event. She was a suspicious character from the very beginning, I think most people felt she probably did not have the same loyalties as Lucci and Kaku, but a question remains of who and what agenda she currently serves.

Regardless, her function for the purpose of the story makes sense. Kizaru is approaching, the WG representatives have been on some level getting the Seraphim to serve. Something needed to happen to even out the odds a bit, and take some key players out of the WG favour for the scenario to feel the most sensible. It seems that Stussy was the tool for that purpose of Oda.

This connection to the Rocks Pirates for her original is viable and meaningful as well. One Piece is a strange universe for its ladies. Some age like Shaky. Some age like Big Mom. And then there is this lady who Stussy was cloned from.