Who will Kaido fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Damn, there's a lot to unpack in the latest spoilers.

- The Japanese filter says that it is not drawn but that it is intuited that they continue to fight.
The Supernova have been fighting Hybrid Kaido and Mama for the entirety of the Dome Chapters.

- Luffy attacks hastily but is rejected again and again.
Luffy has already completely recovered and has joined back in the fray. It seems that Oda completely off paneled the ten minutes that Luffy spent out of comission.

At the very least, the Supernova held off Hybrid Kaido and Mama for ten minutes without Luffy, and have been fighting both of them (with Luffy) for an unknown amount of time.

It's pretty incredible how wildly off the mark those that claimed that Hybrid Kaido would stomp the Supernova were. In a 4 vs 2 (while Luffy was out of commission and Zoro was severely restricted because he was protecting Luffy), a serious Hybrid Kaido and Mama could not best the Supernova.

Worse still, it seems like Kaido took damage while he was fighting them:

- Kaidou and Big Mom come out at the end and the conversation is the one published yesterday by the Korean leaker.
- The last page is the Kaidou that we already saw drawn yesterday.
The Supernova only decide to split off the Yonkou after facing them together for a protracted period. This suggests that the Yonkou have pretty impressive teamwork, but it's not surprising given that:
  • They were crewmates for several years.
  • Mama sees Kaido as her younger brother.
  • Kidd and Killer have never worked with Luffy, Zoro and Law before.

It's still impressive the Supernova tangoed with them for so long.

- Yamato wonders if Luffy is OK and says that he wants to fight Kaidou as Oden.
This suggests that Yamato is going to the Rooftop. As someone who has argued against this, I'll take my L.

- Someone asks about Yamato and Momonosuke's part.
- The Japanese leaker says it is 1 page of the chapter.
- It seems Momonosuke can control his transformation much better.
Momonosuke may yet stop Onigashima from crashing into the Flower Capital.

- Momonosuke says that Luffy is weakened but that he is fine.
- Shinobu is surprised to hear him and asks how he knows that.
I wonder if this is COO or a Dragon ability. Given Shinobu's reaction (she was surprised Momo could tell and was unable to tell herself), I would guess that it's a Dragon ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.