Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Yeah, and knowing how anti-climatic the final battle between Ichigo and Yhwach, I hope the anime will make it a lot better regardless canonical or not. I hope we can see Ichigo goes Final Getsuga Tensho mode with his new bankai.
I am fairly certain he cannot go into FGT again. It was a one off move/form which resulted in him permanently loosing his powers similar to Uryuu's Letz Stil

Oda seems to be doing something interesting between Nami & Big Mom.

Theres been this underlying question between them that seems to be asking: “who is superior?”

Like back on whole cake Nami asks the homies “whos more terrifying me or big mom?” And they immediately choose her.

Nami forces Zeus to choose between her and big mom during whole cake and he chooses her out of fear.

Then on Wano Nami forces Zues to choose again, tells him he has a choice to make “me or Big Mom?” and Zeus is eventually swayed back to Big Mom’s side but the ultimate point I’m making here is that theres a back and forth going on here. A tug of War. A battles of wills taking place between Nami & Big Mom.

Then here in this chapter Oda has Nami defend Tama before the World's Biggest Mom is able to do so. Almost as if he's making Nami out to be the better mother figure and the true defender and protector of Children. Because while Big Mom is angry that someone who fed her was harmed Nami is angry specifically because Tama is a child not just her friend or someone who did her a favor. Nami views all children as precious and worth protecting while Big Mom only cares if they've been useful to her. The scene hits even harder when you consider that Nami is significantly weaker than Big Mom yet despite that she’s willing to face a far more powerful foe for the sake of Tama yet Big Mom the more powerful “Mom” barely moves when Tama is hit. Nami was exuding REAL Mommy energy here and her Motherly Nature surpassed Big Mom’s in this instance. Ironically making her a Bigger Mom than Big Mom.

But this scene also serves to further highlight the flaws of Big Mom as a Mother. Big Mom only cares about a child if they were useful to her. This also explains why she didn't help or care about Momonosuke when he was about to be executed. Momo was never useful to Big Mom. Thus Big Mom never spared him a thought. Whereas Nami views all children worth protecting. This is actual motherly behavior. Something Big Mom lacks. This scene also shows Big Mom's callous neglect of Tama's feelings. She cares about Tama only because she was useful but is also willing to murder Tama’s friends just because she doesn't like them. Showing a complete disregard for how Tama feels as a person. This is again, another flaw in the mothering of Big Mom.

So in addition to all the tug of war between them and Zeus, Oda seems to be deliberately showing us Big Mom’s flaws while holding Nami up as superior.

So yeah, I think Oda is setting something up for Nami. Something that forces her to surpass the will of Big Mom. He’s making her compete with the most fearsome woman in the world and I can’t help but think Nami is meant to take that title from Big Mom. Maybe even giving Nami a reputation that exceeds the most powerful Woman in the world.

TL;DR: Put Respect on Queen Nami.

The chapter is ok, Nami gotta get Zeus again and finish Ulti for once.
Sanji is at last joining Marco to face the Calamities and Law better hurry to meet with Kidd and start their fight with BM.
We still have many fights going on, Oda needs to at least finish Nami/Ussop vs Ulti/P1 and Franky vs Sasaki who got decent screen time already compared to Robin/Brook vs Black Maria and Jinbe vs Who's Who.

I neglected to mention that Oda seems to be giving Big Mom parallels to both Luffy & Nami for some reason.

Big Mom cares about those she considers friends, food, and will do as she pleases as the mood hits her. All very Luffy like.

Then of course theres the Mother aspect in which she's being juxtaposed against Nami.

But with Both Nami & Luffy they're both positive reflections of these traits whereas with Big Mom it's all flaws.

Not sure if I understand the purpose of this just yet but I thought it was worth mentioning.

So you're telling me Ulti, who can tank Thunder Baguas and is known for her crazy endurance will lose to Nami and her dildo stick? :lusalty: This will be the biggest asspull win in history. Bigger than Nami vs Khalifa.
zeus > yamato thunder bagua
Post automatically merged:

But this scene also serves to further highlight the flaws of Big Mom as a Mother. Big Mom only cares about a child if they were useful to her. This also explains why she didn't help or care about Momonosuke when he was about to be executed. Momo was never useful to Big Mom. Thus Big Mom never spared him a thought. Whereas Nami views all children worth protecting. This is actual motherly behavior. Something Big Mom lacks. This scene also shows Big Mom's callous neglect of Tama's feelings. She cares about Tama only because she was useful but is also willing to murder Tama’s friends just because she doesn't like them. Showing a complete disregard for how Tama feels as a person. This is again, another flaw in the mothering of Big Mom.
tama was never useful to Big Mom, her friendship is not because of usefulness.

Zoro scarred Kaido with 20-30 broken bones AFTER successfully engaging in the assault against Big Mom :steef::steef::steef::steef:

Nami greatness at the end as well :perocry:

I do think some people may have issue with the more comedic tone of this chapter but I personally loved it. I do want the stakes to continue to ramp up but this felt like a quintessential one piece chapter with the strawhats interacting with each other and having their own character moments. Characters are finally starting to move where they need to so that is a plus.

You guys think they'll sell Cross Zoro merch?......LOL just a cute little plushie of Crucified Zoro.
I'd buy one.

I'm just here for Yamato the Kaido smasher
She'll become the true monster, when 1v1ing with Yamato, always bet Yamato.

Ulti the goat :myman: didn't give a damn about an emperor :finally: and that speed
Ulti is Ultimate. Kek

Last edited:
This chapter was pretty good , sanji may soon get his match up plus I love how it shows sanji has incredible stamina the guy has been running around fighting for how long now,

it seem like nami might 1v1 ulti plus ulti doesn't seem all that concern for P1 she hasn't run to check up on him or nothing I guess she knows he'll be up soon :choppawhat:

kid and law 2v1 BM is gonna be awsome a lot of creativity coming soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.