Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
meh chapter.
welcome to oneshot arc.
sanji running away is wasting panels.
so bm gonna lose, so much for yonkos hype.
2 yonkos gonna lose here.
shanks fought kaido to a draw right?. that means after this luffy and crew > shanks
the power levels are so shitty rn. still waiting for the good part in this arc that doesnt seem to appear.
Post automatically merged:

You gotta kidding Oda .

He really will write Kidd will beat Big Mom. The biggest mistake in OP is loading.
this manga is a joke rn.

You gotta kidding Oda .

He really will write Kidd will beat Big Mom. The biggest mistake in OP is loading.
I hope not. Kid and law are no where near that level. If I remember correctly, ora stated a couple of years ago that he doesn’t actually know how he is gonna
make Luffy beat Kaido. Cuz he is just to OP, but than later said he found away. Guess CoC counting is his solution. But kid defeating big mom makes no sense. Kid isn’t even at YC level

Poor excuse. He becomes a bigger threat based on what? He can sort out while fighting Queen without running away. Like I said, Sanji lucky that Queen just focused on him. Imagine what would have happened if Queen focus on others instead of Sanji.
You think his facial reaction was normal for a guy keeping his cool and simply running with the objective of running a new strategy by reflecting on it subsequently? :choppawhat:

I hope not. Kid and law are no where near that level. If I remember correctly, ora stated a couple of years ago that he doesn’t actually know how he is gonna
make Luffy beat Kaido. Cuz he is just to OP, but than later said he found away. Guess CoC counting is his solution. But kid defeating big mom makes no sense. Kid isn’t even at YC level
Kidd and Law awakening combined are Yonko material!
Mark my words!

My predict for next chapter:
- one or two panels for Zoro and King fight
- Yamato doing something
- Sanji use the raid suit against Queen
- the narrator saying 4 minutes between Onigashima and the Capital

I quite enjoyed Killer's moments this chapter. His bond with Kidd is great and I like that he truly believes in him. Hawkins was a little bitch, and I am glad he was defeated.

That being said, I am still unsure if Kidd and Law will defeat Big Mom. I still think Oda is going to bring her to Elbaf. Perhaps Kidd and Law will injure her and cause her to retreat?

I also think that it is possible we will get emotionless Sanji during this raid. After all we only have 5 minutes left. So will Sanji really be able to stop what is happening to his body during that time? I doubt the change will be permanent though. Also I headcanon that emotionless Sanji's eyebrows will swirl the other way. (Along with his hair turning black).

So are we supposed to finish all of the fights in 5 minutes and learn backstories and lore as well? How is that going to work?

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎵 ✨✨✨
Killer was awesome! Kidd can finally let loose on Big Meme! The friendship between Kidd & Killer is very touching.
Yeah the way he was willing to sacrifice his own life for Kidd was so touching! He also knew his captain well enough to figure out how to beat the voodoo powers. Such amazing friendship between the two!

• If it seems like Hawkins is one big Jojo reference -- that's because he is. His country is Egypt, uses tarot cards, sends strawman to fight you in his place like stands, redirects death and misfortune similar to Love Train, etc. In an arc full of physical Zoan users and samurai specializing in armament, I have to applaud Oda for giving us some breathing room with a more tricky and brainy battle like Killer Vs Hawkins.

• The irony of Hawkins calling Killer a misfortunate soul for eating a SMILE. Today Fortune smiles on Kid and Killer this chapter maybe to balance out their suffering: he overcomes a 92% chance of defeat, Captain Kid's missing arm becoming a useful exploit, Kid's doll just luckily tucked inside Hawkins's left arm.

• His name is Killer and as compassionate and self-sacrificing he looked this chapter, Killer still killed a bunch of lives to get at Hawkins, was Orochi's assasin and almost executed Toko and Hiyori. He is a ruthless mass murderer to anyone outside his crew and that matches well with Kid.

• The "Tower", destroying the old and a new way forward, also applies to the direction Sanji is going in. Am I the only one who wants to see Evil Sanji pull a Hollow Ichigo and trash Queen in the most ruthless way imaginable but before he crosses a permanent line, Sanji's flaming spirit melts his Vinsmoke heart of ice and a new Sanji is born? Just me? Okay.:catcry:
A lot going on in this page. Orochi's fire not forgotten and continues to grow in strength. I can only think Yamato better empty that basement fast.

Killer eating Orochi's suspicious fruit for a chance to save his captain, now just outright offering his head. What a guy. It speaks to the gap in loyalty between the Kid and the Hawkins pirates, whose captain can't even stick to an alliance. Hawkins is not even loyal to his own pirate dream.

Killer is surrounded by his victorious crewmates who have surpassed a battlefield of Yonko fodder. Kid and Killer went around Wano freeing these guys so I'm sure they're all ready to sacrifice their own lives. Hawkins, in contrast, falls all by himself with only generic grunts who would probably bail than save his body. Did he sacrifice his crew to make it this far? Were they too weak and defeated by samurai? I wonder if Faust (the mink black cat missing since forever) pulled a suspicious move by avoiding the Kagura all together and will save Hawkins at the end of the arc.

Oda slowly but surely drip feeding us the Kid Pirates. This chapter gave us three more weirdos with Killer. Add those to the pairs from 1024 and 1025 and we might just see every punk, goth and rivethead before Wano ends.

A minor nitpick here, but the strawman from 913 cut by Zoro transferred damage to one of Hawkins's subdordinates. How odd that Hawkins with no lives can still use strawmen and Killer savagely beheading it leads to no consequences. This one was holding a scythe so maybe one day SBS Oda will draw all the summons and their differences.

Very interesting quote by Kid here. He fought Kaido when he dropped from the sky, faced Kaido and Big Mom in the roof, it's possible he didn't meet the one-armed redhead Shanks and lost his arm to hype up a YC:catsure:. So why is Kid acting like this is the first time he's met a Yonko?

I can only assume it's directly tied to what Hawkins is saying here.

Law's dream has shifted from Pirate King to discovering the destiny of the D. There will only be one Pirate King at the end of the series so this conversation had to happen at some point to not leave behind a bunch of bitter unfulfilled Supernova. The most impacted is the most ambitious in Eustass Kid.

Now for the first time we're hearing of Kid's DREAM to take down an emperor, to the point that he believes his pirating career was worthless if he can't take one down. Extremely powerful language. Either he takes down a Yonko or he dies a failure, there is no in-between here. After seeing what Luffy did to Kaido in the roof, Kid finally believes the Yonko are the end of the rope - to such an extent that he gave up his Wano vendetta against Kaido, handed it to Luffy and settled for distracting Big Mom. Or so we thought. The tide is turning on Kaido and Big Mom and Kid is frustrated that his body is failing when he's so close to achieving value in life. It's unlikely Kid and Killer will ever get this much focus in another arc, so WHICH Yonko will be hunted down and WHEN? Will there ever be a better opportunity than Big Mom and here?:memehm:

It's unlikely Kid and Killer will ever get this much focus in another arc, so WHICH Yonko will be hunted down and WHEN? Will there ever be a better opportunity than Big Mom and here?:memehm:
This is actually just the beginning for Kid. He still has an unresolved subplot with shanks that has been set up since dressrosa.
Post automatically merged:

In all likelihood, we're probably going to get a big clash somewhere down the line with Blackbeard and Kid vs Luffy and Shanks

Yeah the way he was willing to sacrifice his own life for Kidd was so touching! He also knew his captain well enough to figure out how to beat the voodoo powers. Such amazing friendship between the two!
It shows friendship and honor are so important even amongst Pirates which is an interesting concept we were introduced since long long time ago with the SHs anyway but it's nice how no matter how flawless the Pirate is that is still valid unless probably you are Teach. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.