Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I do think he's exhausted, he's getting old ofc and he must be worn out for doing this for decades now. But on the other hand I have no sympathy because he keeps trolling us, with silhouettes, offscreens and more questions/mysteries and trolly/evasive answers and such. He's dragging out and overconvoluting the story too much for his own good too especially.

Yeah, I really think he needs someone to help him drawing, but I've heard he wants to do everything himself no matter what. He's obssessed with having full control over his work like that. He drew the main capital of Wano at least twice despite how massive and insanely detailed it is, I remember him commenting about it before and the more he drags the story out, the more has to draw, plan, write and such and it must be extremely taxing on him!

There were some major issues pre TS too but it was never this bad especially as arcs were much shorters. Its hard to believe arcs were anywhere from a quarter of Wano's length at least to 40-50 chapters at max I think? Much shorter and sweeter is better, I never felt the pre TS arcs were underwhelming due to their length and content BUT Wano especially, Dressrosa, WCI have all felt extremely dragged out and Wano has been the most notorious for all the cockteasing, wasted hype and dragging out of the story and sluggish, incosistent pacing too.

Oda is the kind of guy to take on that whole burden himself and never ask for help but its so self destructive in the long run. He's been hospitalised twice at least whilst writing One Piece and he's slowly killing himself over time. He's a father of two but was sleeping around 3 hours a day before, barely got to see wife and children too and he's missing out so much in their lives especially his daughters growing up.

I don't want Oda to end up prematurely passing away before OP finishes, I want him to complete his life's work and ideally at a not rushed especially forcibly rushed to an extreme pace like Bleach was too. The more he drags things out, the more he is tempting fate and thus death itself too. He's still destroying his health but not as much as before too. Other mangaka have severely destroyed their health by doing far less than Oda is, just looking at Togashi and Kubo for example.

I'm scared, the more OP continues to slothfully proceed to the end, the more we increase the likelihood of a Miura and Berserk situation, where Oda won't be around to see the end of his own story and finish it (which makes an ironic sort of parallel to Roger) and someone else (Luffy) may have to accomplish what he failed to do, Roger died a little young too of an incuracle, unknown disease too! Only 6 years older than current Oda!

This might just sound like paranoia ofc but it's still a very real possibility too. I really wish Oda would stop being so stubborn and selfish and share his burden as you said before it's too late for him and us too.

As much as I complain about him and the story, I also just want the best for him and I cannot in good faith believe he is still not endangering himself with how he's carrying on atm.

Araki went monthly with Jojo and it seems to have benefitted him, the writing is better although the pacing is more brutal but it also more refined too generally. I can't see OP ever going monthly but my god it would make such a difference imo. But only if Oda also realises he has to compromise and thus cut things out to make it work in the first place and given how adverse he is to compromising and thus slacking and cutting things out now, I doubt he will do it, he will still do the same amount of content but just take MUCH longer to do it because it's monthly now LMFAO! Sigh.

Oda wanted to travel the world when he's 50 in 3 years time and I realy want to see him succeed. I could see One Piece ending in 3 years if necessary but I know a LOT of people, the MASS of the community will not like that at all, they will outrage HARD but that shows they are more selfish about the story and Oda and don't really care for him. For his own sake, he should end the story in 3 years and I genuinely, strongly believe it's absolutely possible too, even if it won't be the "best" or most "conclusive" ending too. Some things are also just more important than "a truly satisfying story and ending" or even trying to be the biggest, the best, the most ultimate writer and have your story be the same.
Oda can only keep inflating, swelling that "balloon" before it truly bursts and there's no going back then.

In some ways I feel Oda is trying to do everything within this arc too and I can't blame him in some ways. The story might accelerate suddenly soon and given we've yet to see Vegapunk, SSG, the Revolutionaries properly, Enel on the moon and what he discovered, Urouge and Bonney, Kumas arc, Mihawks arc, Croc in the new world, what will happen to Doffy, Shanks arc, Blackbeard arc and so on, things are going to get SO CHAOTIC and escalate so extremely from here!
We might just hit a breakneck speed for the story soon with all there is left to uncover, see and thus deal with tbh!

(Apologies for the wall of text but this is such a passionate, concerning subject for me.)

kingufy:nicagesmile::robinsweat::emohiyo::neesama:
Imo he's not trolling by the empty hype silhouette, he's just running out of ways to hype the characters lol, since he's so tired drawing and planning everything.

If it's me i'd do it like dis:

- I will take a rest like 1-3 months rest to collect myself. Morning and afternoon for family, daytime to work on story revisions. Focus only on the important things happening on each arcs. For example Beast Pirates, Oden and Scabbards story, Haki exploration esp CoC and CoA, which important characters to sacrifice, which scenes to emphasize as slow-mo dramatic or urgent or explosive or lightning-fast or poetic etc (i'd discuss with a group of trusted story-writers or screenplayer staffs or cinematographers), also the general atmosphere of each arc. What should each arc feel like? Artifact Hunt? Helplessness and despair against the super powerful enemy? Mystery? All-ut war? Guerilla war? Espionage? Strategics and ambushes?

- i will leave the background setting drawing to assistants, but after making 2-3 examples of the buildings in each island, and also the main HQs of friend and enemy.

- i will only draw Strawhats and the enemy's core crew members. The others like Beast Pirates for example (Gifters or Numbers or Batman or Gazelleman or Holdem yeesh) can be made purely by assistants after taking the concepts from Kaidou, King, Queen, Yamato, and implement the lesser-able henchmen. So yeah obviously i'd only draw the important scenes between important characters, or important fights.

---

Tldr the worst stuff Oda does right now is diverting his focus from emphasizing on important stuff like the core storylines-consequences-lores-fights-power structure at each arcs, just because he wanna draw nosebleeds and gags and fodder fights at each important moments. Or maybe its due to his market of young people that he cant draw consequences anymore? I mean imagine if BM ate Jimbei whole to the bones in Whole Cake, while Luffy and Sanji must witness that during their escape, imagine the emotional impact to both the crews and the readers. No one will consider BM a Meme. The consequences of standing up to an Emperor just by itself alone can already be powerful if Oda execute it right. And OP is not just the fights, there are so many gems of consequences and payoff waiting to be applied properly.

Last edited:
And on top of this, they aren't even going for the Kill & are instead satisfied with simply holding Big Mom down till Kaidou is Defeated
This doesn't even make sense. The alliance literally cannot win unless linlin is defeated. It doesn't matter if they stall her until kaido falls, if she isn't defeated everyone is going to die.

Nothing they said this chapter contradicts what they said in 1031, its just that they aren't doing this merely for their own goals, but also to help Luffy beat kaido.

I think Wikia should change Zoro's Home from Shimotsuki Village to Ndule's Head lol
It aint Zoro's Problem if you can't defend Kid or Law

You can defend Zoro indeed

:milaugh:reading 2 pieces where xoro is near Luffy
He's Luffy's wings with Sanji

Let him fight a top tier 1v1 or 2v1 more than 15 min even not land 1 blow and faint.a mere quick clash
Thays not a fight since ashura just one attack

How old are you? Legitimately you’ve got to be under the age of 18 if “bozo” is your only lame ass comeback

These emojis must def be getting under your skin soft ass Z clown 😂😂🤣 keep crying
Nobody even mentioned Sanji, how insecure you have to be ffs. Talking about someone being under 18 and proceeds to spam emojis and going "Sanji>>>>Zoro" 24/7. You are tapped/mentally challanged if you are anything above 18 BOZO

Yeah but he also goes out of his way to suck Zoros dick almost as much as Luffys and Mihawk is Zoros opponent.

He will receive same kinda treatment
I sincerely hope so, i almost look forward to Mihawk as much as BB and Akainu, but at this point, i don´t expect it.
Post automatically merged:

I thought nodule is BM fan , turns out he is midd fan :josad:
Goes hand in hand, by hyping one, you hype the other.

This doesn't even make sense. The alliance literally cannot win unless linlin is defeated. It doesn't matter if they stall her until kaido falls, if she isn't defeated everyone is going to die.

Nothing they said this chapter contradicts what they said in 1031, its just that they aren't doing this merely for their own goals, but also to help Luffy beat kaido.
Kidd before went after Bm for same reasons stated in this chapter.
He has been fighting without trusting luffy or Law
Even when they used awakening, he didn't wanna reveal his tricks.

But now he just doesn't wanna beat BM and win
He wants to also make sure Luffy wins his battle too.

People really can't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.