How many more times will Luffy lose to Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy: "How many minutes I have left...!?
This is the last “Gear Fourth”!!
And I won't have any more time!!
I cannot lose!!"
Ooh looks like Roofie's powers still has a time limit too. At least Zoro can swap Enma for Shisui and he'd solve his problem.
How the hell is he going to find a way around his G4 time limit. Plus if he gets G5 wouldn't the consequences just be worse? Something like using up your life span the more you use it or some shit

Luffy tanking so many blows…..

I agree the fight this chapter was cool but Luffy tanked way too many hits for it to be believable
How would he even become top tier if he can't endure that kind of attacks...whatever Luffy took still pales in comparison to whatever Kaido took...Luffy should be able to take that many blows given how he is known for his resilience....

Luffy taking all those hits, what a fight:steef:
Kaido was clearly wining thought, i hope Luffy's awakening not to be a stomp in Luffy's favour lol.
So shanks knew about the df ?
What he was searching in the weakest sea?
Roger told him to give the hat to whom?
Man shanks has more answers than oden's notebook

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
reading everyone's reaction regarding Over Kong Gun has made me realize how important context and prior showings are. Had we not seen what KKG does to a low commander level opponent like Doffy, even if we hear Luffy say it was his strongest or one of his strongest moves, if the attack this chapter was all the information we had to work with, we would downplay and think the attack lacking in impact.

Visually speaking, Over Kong Gun looked visually similar to Kidd's bull attack. They both even had their respective targets white eyed but did nothing to the surrounding and both characters recovered from them fairly quickly yet, one of them is downplayed while the other is not because we have context!

For non recurring characters, the author really only has a few chances to nail the visual impact of their techniques and attacks. Oda left no doubt that Kroom attacks dealt massive damage but the same cannot be said for Kidd's arsenal even though it was his intention to portray those attacks on a somewhat equal magnitude.

Thats the only place that Oda has failed Kidd but it's one of the most important things in how a character is perceived. His options were to either highlight the visual impact of Kidd's attack like he did with Law leaving no doubt or to condition us the readers.

The conditioning is very difficult against two of the most durable characters in the series hence why he should have done so with a weaker character to serve as a hype tool.

All our expectations of KKG was conditioned by it's single use during Dressrosa where it folded not only Doffy but also half of the Island from the sheer impact of slamming Doffy. Had we not gotten that conditioning, I know that many would consider Over Kong Gun somewhat weak even if its not because visually it did not look impressive this chapter because it's against someone like Kaido.

reading everyone's reaction regarding Over Kong Gun has made me realize how important context and prior showings are. Had we not seen what KKG does to a low commander level opponent like Doffy, even if we hear Luffy say it was his strongest or one of his strongest moves, if the attack this chapter was all the information we had to work with, we would downplay and think the attack lacking in impact.

Visually speaking, Over Kong Gun looked visually similar to Kidd's bull attack. They both even had their respective targets white eyed but did nothing to the surrounding and both characters recovered from them fairly quickly yet, one of them is downplayed while the other is not because we have context!

For non recurring characters, the author really only has a few chances to nail the visual impact of their techniques and attacks. Oda left no doubt that Kroom attacks dealt massive damage but the same cannot be said for Kidd's arsenal even though it was his intention to portray those attacks on a somewhat equal magnitude.

Thats the only place that Oda has failed Kidd but it's one of the most important things in how a character is perceived. His options were to either highlight the visual impact of Kidd's attack like he did with Law leaving no doubt or to condition us the readers.

The conditioning is very difficult against two of the most durable characters in the series hence why he should have done so with a weaker character to serve as a hype tool.

All our expectations of KKG was conditioned by it's single use during Dressrosa where it folded not only Doffy but also half of the Island from the sheer impact of slamming Doffy. Had we not gotten that conditioning, I know that many would consider Over Kong Gun somewhat weak even if its not because visually it did not look impressive this chapter because it's against someone like Kaido.
Nah, that's not the problem. The problem was roc attacks looked more impressive than long gun or whatever. Theoretically, over gun should have higher potency than roc at the very least.

So has this chapter surpass the Snakeman -Katakuri chapter in you guys' opinion
FOr me, fuck yes it does, the constant form-switchings are refreshing and holy fuck the damage blows are brutal
The fight is so massive it's endangering the entire island, with everyone nearby feeling like collateral damage lol, the choreography of their moves being so great with Snakeman's moveset, the constant mode switching, attacking, counter-attacking moves, with a destructive scale creating big hole while damaging and sending Luffy flying, from the top to the bottom of the island, Luffy literally crossing entire Onigashima in a single page from the bottom to the top to land his hits, giving it some kind of dbz vibe where the notion of time and distance is almost nullified.

And speed wise, we're talking about amplified speed battle of FS users, with upgraded versions of thunder Bagua lvl speed and power, upgraded version of G4 moves with over Kong gun, etc

Was an amazing chapter

Truly one of the best one piece chapter battle :steef:
Kaido fight has been really amazing so far but this chapter was so great visualy, especialy loved the switch between different forms from both sides :christnally:

Status
Not open for further replies.